US Airways Said to Develop AMR Merger Plan to Fix Revenue Gap

usa1

Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
American has pared its flight network to the point that some corporate travelers have gone elsewhere, leaving the money- losing carrier unable to support most of its hub airports, one person said. That deficiency could be solved by combining American, the third-largest U.S. airline, with No. 5 US Airways, the people said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-20/us-airways-said-to-consider-american-airlines-merger-to-fill-revenue-gap.html?cmpid=yhoo

Reactions: 1 person
Here's the argument I sent the moderators:

Do we need a new thread to clutter the AA forum for every daily article about the imaginary takeover of AMR by US?

A certain A320 pilot is doing yeoman's work by linking to every one of these articles in the US Airways forum, on one consolidated thread. And on some days, there are multiple articles, all saying about the same thing.

In fact, someone already linked this one in the thread below talking about the TPG and DL. For some reason, they left US out of the thread title, but numerous discussions of US are ongoing in that thread.

Journalists whose beat includes airlines don't have a lot of new stuff to write about, so every day they repackage the prior articles with perhaps a snippet of new leaked info from an anonymous source. By time US is in a position to actually present a competing plan of reorg., there will probably be hundreds of content-free (or content-lite) articles like this one.

Reactions: 2 people
FWAAA .... You remind me of a kid I use to play with in grade school, as long as things were going his way all was well. As soon as he started loosing he cried mommy .....

Go back and read all his post ..... about how US suxs and how heII will freeze over before AA merges with US. Well now that news is starting to leak, and it might happen he runs to the mods to complain about us posting links to it.

Go back and read all his post ..... about how US suxs and how heII will freeze over before AA merges with US. Well now that news is starting to leak, and it might happen he runs to the mods to complain about us posting links to it.
We wont know a thing for a long time. I just wonder what AA will do with the 460 plus jets that are coming?? I dont see them fitting into US network. I think AA's plan is to grow from within. No merger headaches. The TWA deal was a lesson learned by AA management.
Also 4 of the 9 creditors are already a no vote for a merger.

You're delusional.

My post contained five short paragraphs. In which of those paragraphs did I write anything that could be interpreted as "US suxs" (sic)? In which paragraph did I write anything that could reasonably be interpreted as "hell will freeze over before AA merges with US"? If AA obtains the usual extensions of time to file its POR, it will likely be as many as 16 months before Parker is permitted to file his competing plan of reorg. There will probably be hundreds of speculative articles that don't add much to the discussion between now and May, 2013 (when AA's exclusivity period will probably expire). Feel free to post as many of them as you desire. Start a new thread for each one if you want and I won't complain given your less-than-civil response.

You were the third person to post that article and link today. USA320Pilot beat you to it over at the US forum and someone beat you to it in the AA forum. Thread proliferation simply clutters things and leads to disjointed discussions. It's clear you disagree.

Have a great weekend!

Reactions: 4 people
We wont know a thing for a long time. I just wonder what AA will do with the 460 plus jets that are coming?? I dont see them fitting into US network. I think AA's plan is to grow from within. No merger headaches. The TWA deal was a lesson learned by AA management.
Also 4 of the 9 creditors are already a no vote for a merger.
TWA assets was purchased for less than 900 million, chump change

Here's the argument I sent the moderators:

Do we need a new thread to clutter the AA forum for every daily article about the imaginary takeover of AMR by US?

Yes

Don't get me wrong, I hate US Airways, but the airline industry is really something unpredictable. Sometimes the things that most people go like "awww my gawd, please don't" actually do become reality. Like I said before, US Airways is like an STD that companies don't mind exposing themselves to.

:rolleyes:

Thats not what I was talking about..... the merging of work groups was the headache not to mention the millions in lawsuits.
How was it a headache when you stapled us to the bottom. Headache for us maybe. All I hope is that Delta and or US air Merges with us and they use DATE OF HIRE then you can post what ever you like, that would be a headache for ya union brotha.

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts