US Airways seeks to double share authorization

200,000 = Two hundred thousand

2,000,000 = Two million

20,000,000 = Twenty million

200,000,000 = Two hundred million

which is it? It seems like 200,000 is laughably little, but 200,000,000 seems eyebrow raising.

Row: The correct number is 200 million (200,000,000). The OP linked an article containing a typo and has latched onto that number and has reprinted 200,000 for some unknown reason. Perhaps the OP can't tell the difference?

Currently, LCC has authority to issue 200 million shares and has issued about 114 million of those. But the various convertible debt offerings, if converted, would raise that number to almost 200 million, the current limit.

So that LCC can issue more convertible debt (generally, the last security issued in a desperate attempt to avoid Ch 11) in the future as oil goes skyward, now is the time to get shareholder approval to increase the authorized share limit.

I would seriously doubt anyone would fund a merger since the HP/US merger is not even completed several years after, Doug has shown he does not have the capibility nor the knowledge to merge two airlines.

If the powers that be wanted to merge the companies, it will happen with or without joint contracts with the flight crews. IMO it is not imminent because of the slow pace of negotiations. When the urgency factor from management increases, you'll know a deal is in the works. Look, DP was going to buy DAL without having contracts completed - what makes this any different? Besides, the airline IS merged for all practical purposes.

Is merged for all practical purposes?

I dont think so, I been through two mergers at this airline and they didnt take over three years.

Go ask if an East crew can fly a west plane and vice versa, that is where your answer lies.

Is merged for all practical purposes?

I dont think so, I been through two mergers at this airline and they didnt take over three years.

Go ask if an East crew can fly a west plane and vice versa, that is where your answer lies.

The answer, actually, is that DP couldn't care less whether East flies West planes, or vice versa. Bottom line is that the company is saving a lot of $$ in labor costs, with the East pilots enjoying their CH11 wages, and the West FA's often making less than their East counterparts for doing the SAME job (just to use 2 examples).

$$Cha- ching$$ for DP; why would he worry about rushing towards merged contracts? Please. To DP and the shareholders, we are merged, for all intents and purposes, with a little labor "bonu$" on the side....

Its called synergies, they are losing cost savings but not having the flexibilty of merged flight crews.

Its called synergies, they are losing cost savings but not having the flexibilty of merged flight crews.
Nowhere near as much as they are saving in labor costs, though. Otherwise we would be merged operationally. DP has even stated that the synergies, while present, are minimal.

There is Hallucination. Seeing things that were never there.

Speculation. Pretending you really saw it.

And Consumation. Telling your buddies you did it.

This thread is Hallucination.

You couldn't be more wrong. A UAL - AWA DOH merger with conditions and restrictions would work quite well but a UAL - AAA DOH would be a disaster for United.

The only way AAA can be merged into any seniority list is via ratios, and that is exactly what will happen again. Get used to it and get over it!

Well, United has 1500 pilots ( of which 1000 were active ) on the street with the bottom of the list being 1997. They were also adamant, back in 2000, that any and all furloughs were to be borne by the US Airways - and ONLY - the US Airways pilot group. I would suggest you dwell on the thought of any America West pilot hired after 1997 or the bottom 1000, whichever is higher, being on the street in a DOH list.

Which brings us to the real point - the United pilots and the Nic award. 749 East pilots accepted recall and would be on the list junior to ' save Dave '. Since United is about 40% larger than a combined AWA/ AAA list - then a ratio would place 1200 pilots ( on a joint UAL/AAA/AWA) junior. So, with 1500 pilots on furlough and adding in 1200 on a ratio, then the bottom - the bottom - AWA pilot would be 2700 numbers up the list with a 2005 DOH.

Good luck with that one.

Yes, the companies are merged. One payroll, one management, one maintenance, etc. Yes, east crews can't fly west metal and vice versa. So what? West crews are flying east routes, and east crews are flying west routes, mainly because of the lame language in the transition agreement. I stand by my position that the company is merged, and has been 95% integrated together (synergized). I agree with the other posters that the economic advantages of BK contracts of the last 5% satisfy the loss of any 'synegies' of swapping metal and crew.

They were also adamant, back in 2000, that any and all furloughs were to be borne by the US Airways - and ONLY - the US Airways pilot group.
It'll happen again IMO.
So, with 1500 pilots on furlough and adding in 1200 on a ratio, then the bottom - the bottom - AWA pilot would be 2700 numbers up the list with a 2005 DOH.
On the flipside, assuming the entire encilada is merged, UAL has 114 747, 777 and 767s. If the East got the top 517 spots based on 20 or so widebodies then UAL gets the top 2000 or so spots after accounting for all LCC widebodies. Plus, ALPA National would be involved and my guess is we'd see a wise and crafty application of the "wide range of reasonableness" by a staff of attorneys who are quite competent, and for the benefit of the larger pilot group (or punishment of the AAA pilots?), altering the East/West TA as to min fleet counts (which they could do if done carefully), and then watch Doug cut 100 airplanes out of LCC, AND THEN merge LCC and UAL. Paul Rice and Doug can have this whole thing set up to where the arbitration is a foregone conclusion. That to me is the real possibility.

Actually the mtc programs are still two, actually three, US/East, US/West and the Bridge MTC program which is bringing the west planes under the old east mtc programs.