US Airways Stock in a free fall

Maybe buyers of US Airways stock are nervous about the Democrat's vote wanting to pull the US out of Iraq and potentially surrendering nearly 60% of our economy's Middle East oil supplies into the hands of terrorists. Could be an answer.

Let's send more young people who haven't had families themselves yet overseas to a foreign country to DIE for OIL. Praise Jesus! Praise the lord! God is on our side!

i personally think the stock is dropping because wall street knows the company is going to get its change of control case kicked out of BK court and sent to arbitation , either way this company is going to PAY , if we strike this operation is going to SHUT DOWN ... and if we go to arbitation i think we're going to see some major payback , and no i'm not scared to strike , i'm ready and willing , and did i mention ready ? i sure oculd use a nice vaction right about now ... come on 27th!!! daddy needs a new pair of shoes!!!

An answer that makes as much sense as "Dogs bark because they like trees."

Are you saying that dogs don't bark because they like trees? That's heresy!

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

Are you saying that dogs don't bark because they like trees? That's heresy!

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

I am Dog Wonder.

Perhaps it is because shareholders see what a shabby operation we have (with no end in sight) and the CEO is a perceived lush. Look at a 1-yr graph of LCC <<http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=lcc>> and watch the slide after the release of Dougie's drunk driving arrest. Remember that Fidelity dropped many LCC shares from its mutual funds after that incident. :cold:

I hear the Company is looking to get rid of Fidelity.
If they do let's hope who ever they put in there to manage our 401K is as good or better. Can you say lawsuit otherwise?

The stock primarily took a dive because of DP's candid announement that earings for the airline industry will remain flat for the remainder of the year. Mainly due to capacity increases by small airlines. They have also projected an increase in fuel expense of 300m for the year which is a pretty big amount of change. Hedging will help, not cure and its' helping for now.

The stock primarily took a dive because of DP's candid announement that earings for the airline industry will remain flat for the remainder of the year. Mainly due to capacity increases by small airlines. They have also projected an increase in fuel expense of 300m for the year which is a pretty big amount of change. Hedging will help, not cure and its' helping for now.

No cactus.
He did not say that the earnings for the rest of the year would be flat for the industry, perhaps for U, but not the entire industry. If you heard him say that recently, than the guy is dumber than I thought. Most of the airlines are reporting profits. The industry is recovering, their stock is rising congruent with earnings. The average price in 2006 for fuel was $68...the company reported $500 million. If the company can't sustain themselves with some increase in fuel, than they haven't utilized the $3 billion in cost savings achieved from BK, and do not have a consistant product that the customers will pay for and fly.

He was on CNBC this morning.His excuse for a modest profit this quarter had to do with merger issues. He gave a poor presentation, no enthusiasm, and didn't seize the moment to exude confidence as a CEO or get investors excited about the company's prospects.

His 5 minutes of Hollywood were summed up with basically speaking to the failed DELTA acquisition and that he felt that their reorganization plan for DELTA was better than DELTA's regoranization plan to move what would have been a consolidated company forward.However, the investors thought otherwise.
He was asked questions about the current merger, and that the company had some issues with transfering reservation systems, that caused some frustrations for customers. They have hired over 1,000 more employees, improved the kios machines and look to improve with these additons. He was asked about his drunk episode and how his one day in prison went. He responded that it was an awakening experience and that it would never happen again. He said that from many people who responded to him about his experience made THEM more cognizant of their own behavior and risks, and he felt that through his experience many others have learned from it and that's a positive thing....LOL...what a response. Not convincing.

So... the stock went down a couple of points from his interview alone... Closed $39 bucks.

I think wall street investors view him as many employees do... :down:

Quite frankly, the BOD needs to look for a new CEO...just my humble opinion.

No cactus.
He did not say that the earnings for the rest of the year would be flat for the industry, perhaps for U, but not the entire industry. If you heard him say that recently, than the guy is dumber than I thought. Most of the airlines are reporting profits. The industry is recovering, their stock is rising congruent with earnings. The average price in 2006 for fuel was $68...the company reported $500 million. If the company can't sustain themselves with some increase in fuel, than they haven't utilized the $3 billion in cost savings achieved from BK, and do not have a consistant product that the customers will pay for and fly.

He was on CNBC this morning.His excuse for a modest profit this quarter had to do with merger issues. He gave a poor presentation, no enthusiasm, and didn't seize the moment to exude confidence as a CEO or get investors excited about the company's prospects.

His 5 minutes of Hollywood were summed up with basically speaking to the failed DELTA acquisition and that he felt that their reorganization plan for DELTA was better than DELTA's regoranization plan to move what would have been a consolidated company forward.However, the investors thought otherwise.
He was asked questions about the current merger, and that the company had some issues with transfering reservation systems, that caused some frustrations for customers. They have hired over 1,000 more employees, improved the kios machines and look to improve with these additons. He was asked about his drunk episode and how his one day in prison went. He responded that it was an awakening experience and that it would never happen again. He said that from many people who responded to him about his experience made THEM more cognizant of their own behavior and risks, and he felt that through his experience many others have learned from it and that's a positive thing....LOL...what a response. Not convincing.

So... the stock went down a couple of points from his interview alone... Closed $39 bucks.

I'm not making reference to his appearance on CNBC, but rather what he spoke about to the employees today, not the media, but the employees. This was webcast and can be reviewed later.

No cactus.

Here's the video if anybody's interested...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=270605511

I'm not making reference to his appearance on CNBC, but rather what he spoke about to the employees today, not the media, but the employees. This was webcast and can be reviewed later.

If that's what your hearing, a "brain wash" alert should go off in your head! He is speaking to the employees negativity so they don't keep hounding management for increases in wages and improvements. He is trying to convince the employees with his management mumbo/jumbo (why not, its worked quite often with many of the employee groups) that the rest of this year will not be good. He didn't breath a word of that on wallstreet. They know better.

Since when is he an "airline analyst for the Industry as a whole????? Delta is going to emerge from BK on Monday, and NW projects emerging sometime this year. Both airlines are positioned for their hayday year from the restructuring benefit that BK brings.

They will have the "run" on earnings and profits, just as U had in 2006. That's not a "flat" industry. AA and CO, and SW are still in profit zones as well.

Management is trying once again to control the troops by doom and gloom scenerios. Senior management receives bonuses by controlling the employees and keeping them down; not for company performance.

Management has cashed in 2006 and had a run on the stock from speculation, prospects post BK. The company has made huge earnings from the cost savings obtained in 2 recent BK. Will that last? They now have to roll up their sleeves and operate the airline to sustain profitability.

Can they do it? We will know what abilities and business acumen they claim to possess, and judgement will be swft and forthcoming.

Management is trying once again to control the troops by doom and gloom scenerios. Senior management receives bonuses by controlling the employees and keeping them down; not for company performance.

Its a common move used here in the past over and over and over.....oh were not doing so good so give us more.Or in this case please back off,be nice we need a break yada yada yada. :down: :down: :down:

As an aside, the "brain washing" is remenicent? of the good old days of "Uncle Ed". Every thing was coming up roses for the old U. "Uncle Ed" was family and took care of his people. They printed money for themselves back then(a F/A reserve system where you were allowed to "pass" for whatever they did not have).
But it didn't turn out so well for "US Air" going back as far as the early '90s.
So this may serve as a cautionary tale about putting too much faith in one person. The cult of personality only gets you so far and "Uncle Ed" is still trying to rewrite history.

Latest posts