US brings RJs to DCA-CHS

ITRADE

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
DCA/IAD US2
www.geocities.com
[A href=http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/021105/dctu040_1.html][SMALL][FONT size=2]US Airways Express to Operate 50-Seat Regional Jets Between Reagan National and Charleston, S.C.[/FONT][/SMALL][/A]

Yup,Johnny O and Mesa picking up some
more flying for U...

I thought I read somewhere that U was planning
their own rj carrier,...north atlantic,south pacific,
something like that..

The trend is up for all airlines that
have been reporting...

Dow Jones Business News
Delta Oct Traffic Up 21.8%
Tuesday November 5, 3:20 pm ET

ATLANTA -(Dow Jones)- Delta Air Lines Inc.'s October traffic rose 21.8% aided by a passenger decline in October 2001 following the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
October 2002 traffic fell 7%, compared with October 2000.

In a press release Tuesday, the airline said it flew 8.62 billion revenue passenger miles for the month, compared with 7.08 billion a year ago.

A revenue passenger mile is one paying passenger flown one mile.

Load factor, or percentage of seats filled, was 70.9% for the month, up from 60.5% last year. October 2000 load factor was 69%. In September 2002, load factor was 67.5%.

Cubfan02us, It was South Pacific. It will be based in Fiji, flying to the Hawaiian Islands, Marquesas, Samoa and the Marshall Islands. Where do I sign up?
1.gif']

All RJs

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - US Airways Express will begin operating an all-regional jet fleet between Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Charleston, S.C., replacing its turbo-prop aircraft on the route beginning Jan. 5.

US Airways Express carrier Mesa Airlines will operate the new service using the 50-seat Embraer-145 Regional Jet. The service consists of four daily roundtrips.

“The use of regional jets provides 52 more seats each day on quiet and comfortable aircraft, while maintaining a convenient schedule for same-day travel or connections at Reagan National to other cities on the US Airways network,â€￾ said Ben Baldanza, senior vice president of marketing and planning.

“The popularity of these 50-seat regional jets continues to grow and we are delighted to be able to add RJ flying on this route.â€￾ Baldanza added that with regional jets replacing turbo-prop aircraft, customers will be able to cut between 15-20 minutes off of their existing flight time.