US Chamber of Commerce seeks immigration reform

WorldTraveler

Corn Field
Dec 5, 2003
Even though DL received heat in some circles (mostly here), the US Chamber of Commerce is pushing several key initiatives including immigration reform.

"Mr. Donohue wants Republicans to act on immigration despite the political furor created when President Barack Obama in November eased deportation rules for millions of illegal immigrants already in the country."

"Chamber Chief Executive Tom Donohue said in an interview that the GOP has two years to enact a vigorous program aimed at meeting the needs of the American people or risk losing their majority. The Chamber wants Congress to act on business priorities such as an immigration overhaul, transportation funding, tax breaks and trade agreements."

sounds like it is all based on a desire to increase business opportunities.

article available from the Wall Street Journal under the title. "U.S. Chamber of Commerce Pushes Priorities in Congress"

This would be spin - DL received heat for supporting executive orders - I don't know anyone who is not for fixing outlet immigration system - however you generally can't follow many topics

Must still be bothering you that you started this thread

this is a NEW topic.

The US Chamber is all about business growth. They support immigration reform for the same reason DL did - because it makes sense for American companies who want to grow their markets.

Anyone who understands the growth of the EU realize that principle.

bless your heart - since you went on and on about immigration reform we can't discuss it on the immigration reform thread - how holy of you

Dog Wonder said:
The cooler is for those who know there is more to life than DL. We will, however, discuss cheese garters.
It has been reported by those in the know (with internal propietery information that has been publicly released) that certain Delta employees wear "cheese garters" at work.

You will not get any Dela employee to admit this for fear of speaking ill of Delta while being an at-will employee. So if they deny it, you will know that they are actually admitting they wear them.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is working on a policy position supporting cheese garters for illegal immigrants. Look for its release soon. Delta, in its ongoing partnership with the CDC (the friendly neighbor), will be supporting it.

They will also be looking at the moon thumbs per seat mile metric as a key measure of the cheese garter market as it pertains to employee wear.

Glenn Quagmire said:
It has been reported by those in the know (with internal propietery information that has been publicly released) that certain Delta employees wear "cheese garters" at work.

You will not get any Dela employee to admit this for fear of speaking ill of Delta while being an at-will employee. So if they deny it, you will know that they are actually admitting they wear them.
Ask them why they smell like limburger stockings.

WorldTraveler said:
this is a NEW topic.

The US Chamber is all about business growth. They support immigration reform for the same reason DL did - because it makes sense for American companies who want to grow their markets.

Anyone who understands the growth of the EU realize that principle.
Come on traveler, I a Conservative, knows what they're really interested in is cheap labor!

MCI transplant said:
Come on traveler, I a Conservative, knows what they're really interested in is cheap labor!

I know unions support this for new member growth, but I'd be very concerned my union wasn't tossing present membership under the bus.
An influx of cheap labor, I'd expect a push for right to work next.
Illegals already have caused job loss in construction.

Latest posts

Back