US FAs push back against TSA pat downs

Ahhh more insight to the wonderful Patdowns. Seems as though they aren't just for those that choose to OPT out. It's for any alarm. As time goes on and everyone is made aware or gone through this process, the whiplash is going to get bigger and bigger. Was in conversation with a f/a today that wasn't aware of new procedures (went through airport w/o back scatter) set alarm off, couldn't resolve it I guess. Gets patted down, Hand up skirt, and as hand felt resisitance, it proceded to search back and forth 3 times. In the f/a's words, the screeners finger was extended to probe (not insert) to ensure NOTHING was hidden front or back..... As she stated. It will not occur again...

I hope she complained very loud & files(or attempts) to file charges. This is sexual assault people & IT'S GOT TO STOP.

Honestly people,
I don't care if your perspective is left/right/up/down, this trancends our politics. We readers of this board are well aware of the realities of flying and security screening. If not here, then where should I go to unify and make a stand? If you have an answer PM me!

A thread on this board where everyone is in agreement? I can't believe it took sexual assault of flight crews and passengers to achieve consensus amongst this group of cranky but loveable posters. Leave it to the TSA. :rolleyes:

X-ray Body Scanner or pat-down? The choice is yours, and the pat-downs can get intrusive. The ACLU has been fighting the machines years before they were used. I don't think they can do anything about pat-downs. Putting crews through the TSA methods of ticking everybody off has been going on since the TSA first arrived.

Welcome to the world of the TSA where it might be better to just go through the body scanner and get it over with.

Wrong answer! If we let every silly edict that comes out of Washington get implemented then the terrorist have won - not on my watch. The People shutting down the system is a much better option. The government is out of touch and needs to be reigned in. And for the millionth time if they make it to the airport with destructive intentions, then the battle is over. The TSA is not capable of stopping an agency trained and financed to hijack an airliner - crazy upset boyfriend, maybe on a good day!

Reactions: 1 person
Wrong answer! If we let every silly edict that comes out of Washington get implemented then the terrorist have won - not on my watch. The People shutting down the system is a much better option. The government is out of touch and needs to be reigned in. And for the millionth time if they make it to the airport with destructive intentions, then the battle is over. The TSA is not capable of stopping an agency trained and financed to hijack an airliner - crazy upset boyfriend, maybe on a good day!

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/airport-security-encounter-dont-touch-my-junk-john-tyner-tells-agent/19716789?ncid=webmail

I disagree. This new monster is a product of the DHS, which is ran by former AZ Guv Janet, appointed by The chief of Barakistan.

I know when your mind is made up you just hate for people to inject facts into the discussion; however...

"TSA began deploying state-of-the-art advanced imaging technology (aka, body scanners) in 2007." (This quote is from the TSA website.)

Link to the website

IIRC, 2007 was during the previous administration.

Ideals aren't very good at detecting explosives. Anybody have a better solution that would allow the TSA to detect carefully hidden non-metallic explosives without body imaging or close physical inspection?

Anybody?

The Nude-O-Scopes do not detect explosives, see into body cavities or under folds of flesh. The Government Accountability Office has stated there is no conclusive evidence the devices would have stopped the underpants bomber.

X-ray, walk through metal detector, Explosive Trace Detection / Explosive Trace Portal (puffer) are all that is needed for screening PAX on commercial flights.

Yeah, contract with EL AL to do the screening.

TLV-style security is not scalable.

The radio or microwave scanners would highlight the explosives without ionizing radiation and without an explicit picture being taken of the passenger.

The Nude-O-Scopes use x-rays and millimeter waves. Neither detect explosives.

X-ray Body Scanner or pat-down? The choice is yours, and the pat-downs can get intrusive.

Going through the Nude-O-Scope is no guarantee of not getting a Genital Grope™ from a screener.

The ACLU has been fighting the machines years before they were used.

I'm not so sure about that.

IS THIS FOR REAL? :eek:

http://www.cristyli.com/?p=8115

TSA-Scanner-Images.png

Wrong answer! If we let every silly edict that comes out of Washington get implemented then the terrorist have won - not on my watch. The People shutting down the system is a much better option. The government is out of touch and needs to be reigned in.

Agree 100 percent! Living in a "free and open society" carries with it a certain amount of risk we have to assume. We have to recognize that. If you don't, stay locked in your home and never leave.

I hope she complained very loud & files(or attempts) to file charges. This is sexual assault people & IT'S GOT TO STOP.
After almost 38 years here I thought I had developed a pretty thick skin but this latest intrusion is too much! Since my knee replacment in 2006 I've been subject to a pat down every time I go through security. Crews get too much radiation from flying and since the squamous cell skin cancer discovery 2 years ago I'm not going to add one iota of radiation by going through the machine. Certain places are worse than others like DCA,PHL, and PHX. I have found myself arriving at the aircraft too late after the patdown (assaults) to get the aircraft ready to leave on time. The bottom line is that after checking me for bad stuff they still give me an aircraft! If enough flights are late and connections are busted then perhaps an answer will be found!

Regards,
Bob