US Going out of business

If I read this article correctly, US Airways tied with United for the most complaints. Only 1.36 complaints per 100,000 passengers? Thats not to bad.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070402/ap_on_...airline_quality
In my field, 1 complaint IS too many. We strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. If you set High standards, it becomes easier after the hard work to maintain it on a daily basis. Have no need to strive for that perfection, makes it practically impossible. It takes Teamwork to All work Together and be on the same page. If the Customer Service people get their hands tied, they can do just what they are capable themselves to do. The Company leaves you out on a limb to deal with issues way beyond their control. I hope that all of you have patience because the way that US Management is going, I can't see how much longer that they can exist. Its a prescription for suicide. Everything has a "Domino Effect" What happens at the top always trickled down. If they would care, that would trickle down. Its YOU,the people on the frontlines that show the Patience and Pride. It is tough but hang on. It has to change soon.

Since the migration of the resv systems, it appears that the only thing which is actually migrating are our customers. DCA has had operational meltdowns for the past few days due to long ATO lines, kiosks not working and severve manpower shortages. But management (local and HQ) says that the staffing levels are adequate. Meanwhile at Special Services we have only one agent in the mornings to rebook hundreds of misconnections because by the time the customers reach their gates, their flights are gone. And these are originating passengers. By the end of my shift, we are still trying to process passengers who checked in eight hours earlier. On Saturday, there were only four agents working at the ATO and hundreds of customers in line. Some were crying, "who can help us"! It was horrible. Sunday one manager received a call from another city asking WTF was going on in DCA? So she came in to assist at the ATO on her day off and said let the unions grieve it if they have a problem. We are terribly understaffed and we certainly haven't met the expectations of our customers. Don't kid yourself, Titanic II is sailing off into BKIII soon. At this rate, we won't have anymore customers.

The first step towards operational recovery is the reinstatement of Sabre as our primary res sytem and the termination of Shares and most of the IT dept for gross incompetence and then get rid of Travis Christ as well , enough of the spin , CORRECT THE PROBLEM AND THE PROBLEM IS SHARES.

No, the problem is a bunch of bitter old people who refuse to learn the new system. Face it kids,for better or worse SABRE is gone. The sooner you open up your mind to accepting that and learning how to work with the new system,quirks and all, the better off you'll be. Whining about the new system and having a temper tantrum about having your SABRE taken away ain't gonna cut it ,folks.

I haven't seen the company ran this bad in a looooong time. Something is seriously out of tune here. Sure PHL and the rest of the system from time to time has it's problems but lately especially with SHARES this company is CRAP. Seriously, what are we doing? Is ANYONE running this place? How in the name of God (or whomever you choose) can management talk up the operation. We are falling apart at the very core folks. I can usually see a bit of light in something but it is truly dark days ahead here. Any management folks reading this better wake up soon and get your A$$ES in gear. My last two trips as a whole I'd have to say I have seen NOTHING like it. It's a three ring circus. Everything here but the bearded lady. Well, maybe that too. Now that the west management has their fingerprints on just about everything on the east just wait and see how big YOUR profit check will be. HAAAAAAAAHAAAAAA. We are the laughing stock of the industry.

If only it was so simple. Shares is pathetic. Try looking up int'l availability. Why do we care about WN flights? No tktg agreement means don't use them. The system just plain sucks. Christ and Beery talk about a new system that isn't even on the drawing board yet they bring us back 20 years in functionality and say its ok. Then have the audacity to blame Sabre when it is IT's fault. True leadership from the sandcastle and more of the same spin. For what this debacle has cost us in unneeded expenses and lost business we could have kept Sabre for years.Remember we made a 500 million profit with Sabre. If Shares was so good how come only 1 other airline uses it? Compare that to Sabre. This is a system for a 2nd rate airline , apparently that's what Tempe really wants or they would do the things necessary to correct it. If the system really worked so well we would not have had the continued operational meltdown that has persisted since migration. It was poorly planned, poorly thought out ,poorly executed,poorly tested and a poor decision to move to this poor system. IT has proved to the world that they can't play with the big boys and they are truly minor league .

USAir should make a big splash and parachute all the top mgmt into PHL and keep them there until the problems are solved. Live on the cots in the terminal like Tom Hanks. Get some publicity mileage.

Make PHL the temporary capital of USAir so to speak.

If PHL is the largest profit center and that center is sinking then what other option is there for a CEO?

I haven't seen the company ran this bad in a looooong time. Something is seriously out of tune here. Sure PHL and the rest of the system from time to time has it's problems but lately especially with SHARES this company is CRAP. Seriously, what are we doing? Is ANYONE running this place? How in the name of God (or whomever you choose) can management talk up the operation. We are falling apart at the very core folks. I can usually see a bit of light in something but it is truly dark days ahead here. Any management folks reading this better wake up soon and get your A$$ES in gear. My last two trips as a whole I'd have to say I have seen NOTHING like it. It's a three ring circus. Everything here but the bearded lady. Well, maybe that too. Now that the west management has their fingerprints on just about everything on the east just wait and see how big YOUR profit check will be. HAAAAAAAAHAAAAAA. We are the laughing stock of the industry.

Believe It or Not!!! The Inmates are Running the Asylum :ph34r:

Book Description:

The Inmates are Running the Asylum argues that, despite appearances, business executives are simply not the ones in control of the high-tech industry. They have inadvertently put programmers and engineers in charge, leading to products and processes that waste huge amounts of money, squander customer loyalty, and erode competitive advantage. They have let the inmates run the asylum. Alan Cooper offers a provocative, insightful and entertaining explanation of how talented people continuously design bad software-based products. More importantly, he uses his own work with companies big and small to show how to harness those talents to create products that will both thrill their users and grow the bottom line.

It sounds like DCA could use some help also. PHX sent a bunch of agents to CLT, is that helping at all? PHX also is having problems with short staffing due to all of the agents sent to other cities. Moral is at an all time low. Mgmt needs to do something NOW!

Moral is horrible and I DO NOT take it to heart. I had an agent in Florida that was about to have a heart attack on the jetway ranting about all of this. Hey, I know the agents are having a HELL of a time but c'mon. Don't let this kill you for Gods sake. Jeeeeeesh. I simply have been telling ALL passengers on the a/c to drop a line to consumer affairs at usairways.com. I'm there for your safety and to give you a coke. No more no less. I treat you well and do what I can (which isn't much) to try and keep you semi-comfortable.

No, the problem is a bunch of bitter old people who refuse to learn the new system. Face it kids,for better or worse SABRE is gone. The sooner you open up your mind to accepting that and learning how to work with the new system,quirks and all, the better off you'll be. Whining about the new system and having a temper tantrum about having your SABRE taken away ain't gonna cut it ,folks.
Get a clue dude, SHARES is meant for a smaller airline and is not working here. People are not whining because they don't like change and want the old system back---it's because the new system DOES NOT WORK unless you have a day to check people in for a flight.

With the SHARES system, you have to open different page after different page to after different page to get anything done and it tales a long time. I had a shuttle agent in DCA tell me that we are losing tons on revenue when pax change flights on the shuttle. They are supposed to be charged a fee but the agent doesn't have the time doing that with SHARES. If he did take that time for all the pax that change their flights then the flight would never get out on time creating a domino effect of late shuttle arrivals all day for that A/C. So, he just isn't charging it and we are losing all that money.

This company kept SHARES thinking it would save them a dollar but it is costing them ten.
It's not whining, it's reality.

This stuff never happened in PIT. Oh well...it's been all downhill since PIT was cut back. Does that compute in Tempe? Nah, it's all about crap service out of the crappiest city in the U.S. As long as the dollars are flying in they don't care.

Later,
Eye

Okay, I'm not sure what everyone else thinks, but at least I thought I would state my opinion and get some feedback. Working for this company over the past several months has been challenging to say the least. Furthermore, I can't imagine what our customers must be thinking, which takes me to my point. How much longer can this company sustain at this rate? How long before customers turn elsewhere and never come back? The operation is a nightmare. I have not worked one flight since Feb that has been on time and I know I am not the only one.

Philadelphia, our largest hub is a complete disaster. And the worst thing is, no one seems to care. All we hear is lip service, no action. It has been over a year since management said they were going to fix PHL, but nothing has happened. Just last night I was working a flight. An aircraft pulled up to the gate and low and behold, it was not our aircraft because this a/c was parked at the wrong gate. To further complicate matters the agent had no clue how to look up our flight's new gate to direct the customers. One of our flight attendants had to show them. You would think this was a simple problem, but since our flight was already two hours late, it had completly dropped off the monitors, so the only way to know the new gate was using SHARES.

When we finally found out what our new gate would be, we proceeded, with all the passengers, to it. Of course we all got there before the agent. Well guess what, the aircraft had been sitting there for 15 minutes waiting on a jet bridge driver. No agent in sight. Finally, one of our flight attendants found an agent two podiums down and asked to please call for someone to move the jetbridge. The response was, "oh, i can do that". Well why didn't you do it 15 minutes ago? This is just a small example of how terrible the operation has become. In the time it took one of our aircraft to park on the wrong gate, our crew to figure out what the new gate was, find an agent to pull the jetbridge, etc. Southwest had likely turned two aircraft and had them on their way. I just think US Airways' days are numbered at this pace. Of course, I hope for all our sakes I am wrong. What does everyone else think?

US AIRWAYS should be fine and make more money than most carriers. I'm not sure I understand your reasoning and its accompanying suggestion that US AIRWAYS is going out of business.

I assume your position is 'since it's service sux, the public will eventually stop booking on the carrier.' That position is unfounded as the entire industry is generating much of its revenues from internet sales and provided the fares are competitive, US AIRWAYS should be fine.

Many passengers don't even know which carrier they are flying on till the morning of flight. Even through US AIRWAYS code shares, the US doesn't even show up for a big & of its passengers.
It's the cheapest fare and that's what matters most. Passengers are getting exactly what they are paying for and it is not exclusive to US AIRWYAYS. The whole industry sux in customer service when compared to year over year numbers and it's getting worse.

IMO, US AIRWAYS is generating tons of revenue and may even break load factors for the month of April. Further, US AIRWAYS doesn't spend squat as many of its employees know. Generating bigtime revenue + tight spending = profit.

Nonetheless, I think US AIRWAYS would be better served if it spent more on the human factors.

regards,

Passengers are getting exactly what they are paying for and it is not exclusive to US AIRWYAYS.

Obviously you have not flown F or J on other legacy carriers...you know the ones---US's competitors. While every other legacy carrier enhances it premium product, US continues to degrade it and charge the same price--OH, unless you consider the return of liquid creamer now that is worth $1200 to MIA from PHL. :rolleyes:

Back