USA Today Article Business Sec. Page 3 on US Airways

ChairPrefRes

Aug 19, 2002
quote" I''ts still unclear whether other airlines will follow the policy...US Airways says it will retreat if none of it''s competitors match..."
Dont know who they were quoting from U...Any guesses???
I do think everybody did a good job of getting their points made...And we in res are stuck giving you the policy of the moment...we do not make the rules as you can clearly see...

I know you are stuck in the middle. Thats why I sent an email to customer service to complain. Its customer services job to field stuff like this. I didnt call my personal liason to complain. It isnt your fault, we all realize that.

US doesn't have the market power to make fundamental changes like this. However, after traveling this week, EVERY Preferred member is pissed. Even if US had to make this change, they should have handled it better. Now, instead, they've pissed off the very people they want to keep, and, even if they retreat on the status issue, this whole fiasco leaves a bad and loyalty-killing taste. I was hoping Siegel would clean out the Marketing Dept., which has always been abysmal at US. Guess not...

----------------
On 8/29/2002 6:07:48 PM

All we, the line employees, can do is appologize.
----------------

I in no way blame any front line employee, nor do I blame the "worker bees" in marketing. I do fault the manager (I'm assuming he/she if one of those getting part of the $6 million bonus [;)]) who approved the communications of these changes. Yes, I agree some restrictions on status earning were necessary, but to exclude, in my mind, H and K fares is way too much, especially in this economy where airlines need all the money they can get. Whatever... another airline already matched my US1 status with US Airways (got an e-mail from them today), and they offer a ton more nonstops in the markets I fly often.