USAF awards $35B defense contract to Northrup/Airbus

Seeing how the USAF has mismanaged one program after another it will be interesting to see how far over budget the tanker becomes.

Seeing how the USAF has mismanaged one program after another it will be interesting to see how far over budget the tanker becomes.

You don't think that Airbus knows this?

Get the commitment then inflate the delivery?
cost overruns are unheard of!!!

No, this can not be true! :lol:

B)

Bears,

First of all, regardless of topic, you've made it quite clear with just about every single post of yours that you do not like the president. That's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, even if you chose to express it like with childish and sophomoric terms like "El-Chimpo". But when you chose to use words like "Retard", you are offending me (and I imagine others) beyond your entitlement. You should feel lucky that you hide behind the anonymity of your screenname when using this language. If I heard you said it in a bar, I wouldn't be this nice.

Well said! (thumps the table)

Motion for the cornfield?

You don't think that Airbus knows this?

Get the commitment then inflate the delivery?
cost overruns are unheard of!!!

No, this can not be true! :lol:

B)

I wonder if they have included the costs of rebuilding hangers menat to house KC-135's? The A330 is a lot bigger.

I wonder if they have included the costs of rebuilding hangers menat to house KC-135's? The A330 is a lot bigger.

Good thought. Who knows! :unsure:

Does 'anyone' have the metrics on this topic?

B) UT

From Bloomberg.com:
The selection was undermined June 12 when both companies confirmed the Air Force miscalculated operating costs of the competing aircraft. After the fixes, Boeing turned out to have a $91.8 million cost advantage, according to an Air Force document obtained today...

In a three-page release explaining the decision, the agency said the Air Force failed to assess relative merits of the bids in accordance with evaluation criteria; improperly credited Northrop for exceeding aerial-refueling parameters; and didn't adequately explain its finding that Northrop's tanker could refuel all current fixed-wing aircraft as required.

In addition, the GAO said the Air Force conducted ``misleading and unequal discussions'' with Boeing; made an improper exception for Northrop when it failed to agree to a timeline for depot-level aircraft maintenance; miscalculated operation costs for the aircraft; and improperly increased Boeing's estimated engineering costs to account for risk.

Latest posts