USAirways Reports April Traffic

----------------
On 5/6/2003 7:10:59 PM MarkMyWords wrote:

Where do I fit in? I am a part of the solution. I come to work everyday, giving it 110% to try and turn things around to get some of these 18K employees back. I have never lost sight of the fact that so many people suffer much greater losses then I do. That is why you will never hear me complain about the additional 5%, I know I am very fortunate.

So, how do you figure that our concessions are going to pay for this phantom RJ order that hasn''t been placed yet? Where is this 206 million that we supposedly got a check for? With bookings under 100K today and tomorrow, where is the No War Effect?

----------------​
markmywords I am really sick of all the patting on the back that you give yourself. You said that you are the solution, yeah, right, your 110% you give every day is to see how much you can steal from the employees pay checks
and put in your own pocket,in the name of saving this airline. Let''s see you also said that you will not complain either about the additional 5%, well 5% out of your $478,000 does not hurt as bad as 5% out of my $36,ooo pay check. Yep, you are fortunate, thanks for all the hard work you do.

----------------
On 5/9/2003 2:59:19 PM harleyrider wrote:

markmywords I am really sick of all the patting on the back that you give yourself. You said that you are the solution, yeah, right, your 110% you give every day is to see how much you can steal from the employees pay checks
and put in your own pocket,in the name of saving this airline. Let's see you also said that you will not complain either about the additional 5%, well 5% out of your $478,000 does not hurt as bad as 5% out of my $36,ooo pay check. Yep, you are fortunate, thanks for all the hard work you do.

----------------​

Harley -

I am not sure who you think I am and where I work, but you are way off base. I am an hourly working grunt, just like most people on here, I just maintain a different outlook then those of you that are so tied up in your world of doom, gloom and hatred.

I do not sit here and pat myself on the back for anything. I was asked where I fit in and I chose to be a part of the solution rather then a part of the problem. When I go to work and identify a problem, I don't just sit there and b!tch about it, I try to find a way to resolve it. If I can't resolve it, then I move it to the level that can. You have a choice in life, B!tch, complain, whine and cry about things, or do something to change it. I see the path you have taken, please do not bash me for the choice I have made.

As for stealing from my fellow employees, nothing could be further from the truth. My job is to ensure that decisions are made that have the best interests of the customers at heart, while trying to protect and keep revenue on our airline. Those decisions effect nearly every single person on this board from Customers to agents, flight crews and maintenance. I take great pride in the work I do realizing that sometimes the lesser seen people in this company have some of the biggest responsibilites and the most thankless jobs. I go home every night knowing that I did the best I could, with the resources available and because I was there, I made a difference. Can you say the same?

As for my salary and the 5%, you couldn't be farther away from the truth if it was on Mars! Again, I am an hourly grunt just like you. The concessions were just as difficult for me. In recent months I have sold my home, paid off my debt from the proceeds of my house. I have made myself mobile and prepared for the worst. I have planned for my future, regardless of what happens. I am very fortunate that I was able to do those things, realizing that most can not. The additional 5% paycut has also hit me just as hard. Now comes the time to decide whether I need cable, a cell phone or new clothes. Should I turn on the air conditioner yet, can I afford to get those new tennies I want or should I be looking for a second source of income. Just the same as a lot of people. But I also recognize that I am much more fortunate then the 18K people that lost their jobs in the last 18 months. That, Harley, is why you will not hear me b!tch and complain about the additional 5% or much else for that matter. I still have a roof over my head, clothes on my back, food on my table and a check every two weeks....that is much more then a lot of people.

Perhaps you have lost sight of that?

----------------
On 5/9/2003 3:53:55 PM MarkMyWords wrote:

----------------
On 5/9/2003 2:59:19 PM harleyrider wrote:

and put in your own pocket,in the name of saving this airline. Let's see you also said that you will not complain either about the additional 5%, well 5% out of your $478,000 does not hurt as bad as 5% out of my $36,ooo pay check. Yep, you are fortunate, thanks for all the hard work you do.

----------------​

Harley -

I am not sure who you think I am and where I work, but you are way off base. I am an hourly working grunt, just like most people on here, I just maintain a different outlook then those of you that are so tied up in your world of doom, gloom and hatred.

I do not sit here and pat myself on the back for anything. I was asked where I fit in and I chose to be a part of the solution rather then a part of the problem. When I go to work and identify a problem, I don't just sit there and b!tch about it, I try to find a way to resolve it. If I can't resolve it, then I move it to the level that can. You have a choice in life, B!tch, complain, whine and cry about things, or do something to change it. I see the path you have taken, please do not bash me for the choice I have made.

As for stealing from my fellow employees, nothing could be further from the truth. My job is to ensure that decisions are made that have the best interests of the customers at heart, while trying to protect and keep revenue on our airline. Those decisions effect nearly every single person on this board from Customers to agents, flight crews and maintenance. I take great pride in the work I do realizing that sometimes the lesser seen people in this company have some of the biggest responsibilites and the most thankless jobs. I go home every night knowing that I did the best I could, with the resources available and because I was there, I made a difference. Can you say the same?

As for my salary and the 5%, you couldn't be farther away from the truth if it was on Mars! Again, I am an hourly grunt just like you. The concessions were just as difficult for me. In recent months I have sold my home, paid off my debt from the proceeds of my house. I have made myself mobile and prepared for the worst. I have planned for my future, regardless of what happens. I am very fortunate that I was able to do those things, realizing that most can not. The additional 5% paycut has also hit me just as hard. Now comes the time to decide whether I need cable, a cell phone or new clothes. Should I turn on the air conditioner yet, can I afford to get those new tennies I want or should I be looking for a second source of income. Just the same as a lot of people. But I also recognize that I am much more fortunate then the 18K people that lost their jobs in the last 18 months. That, Harley, is why you will not hear me b!tch and complain about the additional 5% or much else for that matter. I still have a roof over my head, clothes on my back, food on my table and a check every two weeks....that is much more then a lot of people.

Perhaps you have lost sight of that?

----------------​
Harley,

The sight that Mark thinks you lost is the same exact sight/point that mangement has brought up over and over again..."be happy to have a job". He believes in weakening the masses, and the collective spirit of "not wanting" like a fair wage for dedication and loyalty and longevity with a company. You see, alot of these mangement folks just came on board here and they are "just visiting" until they squeeze every penny out of our company to place in their pockets.
What Marky doesn't quite get yet is the the employees of the company ARE the company.
He forgets that besides being an employee WE are also "stake holders" therefore we have every bit of "right" as employees of our company to protest and speak when mangement is not keeping their word and operating in "bad faith". What Marks wants you to do Harley, is turn your head and pretend you don't notice your suffering or anyone elses that this mangement created and continues to create just because he thinks they can. He figures what's the point, just suck it up and be happy you got up this morning and have a job.

You see he's blinded to the fact that folks care about what they do and do it well, and they do it well to obtain a "livable wage" so they can support their families, and have enough of a livable wage that they can enjoy their families without having to work 3 jobs. Concessions are fine if the majority believes this is necessary; the protest comes in when the agreements have been violated and management continues to operate in "bad faith".

See you at the picket lines!

----------------
On 5/7/2003 5:56:46 PM PineyBob wrote:

PITbull,
Whether you agreed to it or not, US's position is legally defensible. If I were a savvy and fearless union leader I would announce the formation of a Strike fund this very day and I would make it abundantly clear to Mr. Glass and gang that if this company is healthy and profitable an 2008, It will be me who holds the gun to his head for raises and that I have a very long memory and a whopper of a strike fund built up over 6 years! But that is me!

IMHO this 5% dance is rearanging deck chairs on the Titanic. Amassing a huge strike fund and working hard to make the company profitable will serve you better than continuing to engage in skimishes.

----------------​
Bob,

The Strike fund was already voted on by the MEC in 2001, it will now go out to the membership for ratification for payroll deduction. These funds are to "pay protect" f/as for missed trips if a job action should ever become necessary in the future.

This we will champion fiercely.

PITBull -

Frankly I am sick and tired of trying to prove a point to you so I will keep this short and sweet.

You have a contract, that you signed and the majority agreed to. If you don't like it, there's the door. You chose to look at everything in a negative light and couldn't say anything in a positive if your life depended on it. Every single thing you post has a negative tone to it, and frankly I won't let you influence my views. I choose to be thankful for what I have and work towards the betterment of myself and my company. We just approach and view things in a different manner.

As for funding your strike fund, aren't you no better then the company? You continue to take and take from your represented employees and provide what? A lot of hot air on a message board and rants and raves at the drop of a hat. Aren't you also going to effect those people that are trying to make a living wage and are struggling to make ends meet when you solicite to take MORE money from these same people? Hypicritical if you ask me.

----------------
On 5/10/2003 9:28:29 PM MarkMyWords wrote:

PITBull -

Frankly I am sick and tired of trying to prove a point to you so I will keep this short and sweet.

You have a contract, that you signed and the majority agreed to. If you don't like it, there's the door. You chose to look at everything in a negative light and couldn't say anything in a positive if your life depended on it. Every single thing you post has a negative tone to it, and frankly I won't let you influence my views. I choose to be thankful for what I have and work towards the betterment of myself and my company. We just approach and view things in a different manner.

As for funding your strike fund, aren't you no better then the company? You continue to take and take from your represented employees and provide what? A lot of hot air on a message board and rants and raves at the drop of a hat. Aren't you also going to effect those people that are trying to make a living wage and are struggling to make ends meet when you solicite to take MORE money from these same people? Hypicritical if you ask me.

----------------​
Mark,

You make me howl ...LOL.

I stated in a previous thread that we AGREE TO DISAGREE. PERIOD.

Boy, you have a short memory. In 2009 we will obtain a "livable wage", and if we don't the STRIKE FUND will be there to ensure it. This is what the f/as want insurance and protection that this mangement WILL AT THAT TIME have to bargain in good faith.
Otherwise, it just doesn't happen with this mangement.

In the meantime, the 5% return will take to the picket lines along with the sick policy and the deplorable Medical PPO coverages and prescription drugs.

If we achieve gains through taking these issues to the picket lines, hell, just give the company your signature and tell them to take whatever they want out of your paycheck...you surely don't need it cause you have such a unique ability to adjust your life to accomodate management's business plans; isn't that special.

Here I'll end this on a postive note for ya,
In 2009, if you don't like labor's strategies to even the playing field...THERE'S THE DOOR!

So, you identify a problem and try to resolve it or move it to a level that can. Well have a go at it Mr. Go Getter. The planes are understaffed inflight and the crews are exhausted. The ground crews cannot clean the planes adequatly because they are understaffed too. The agents are stretched to the max and the pilots are worried about their retirement. The employees are demoralized and feel underappreciated and used because they see money flying out the door for "retention bonuses" and retirement money for people that flew in for a brief period and...left. The passengers are fed up with all the changes they can''t keep track of and feel underappreciated...the CockRoaches will tell you that.No one in MGT tells you anything but what you have to give back and be lucky to work here! Now go,go, go and fix it all.