Vacation payout

V.O. Reason

Veteran
May 3, 2019
So just read the email about our signing bonus as well as our vacation check for those who are eligible for that and it states the vacation check will also be taxed as a bonus.
Who were the morons who agreed to that.
I’m mean that is an earned vacation week that we received because of this new agreement.
It’s like any week we take and get paid for why in the hell is this considered a bonus?
Please can someone explain this

If I am not mistaken we are supposed to get this money this week, I just looked and it is not yet in our pay section of jetnet. If you play with you tax status over the next two months quickly change your tax status to exempt, and you will get these checks tax free and then pay the tax adjustments over the next few checks so you won't pay the 30% tax hit

The checks are considered unscheduled pay, meaning pay that is not on your typical every other week pay date and is typically taxed at max tax rates.

Not sure who you guys use for payroll these days, but with ADP, the assumption seems to be that anything outside of a normal payroll sequence is bonus or incentive.

So just read the email about our signing bonus as well as our vacation check for those who are eligible for that and it states the vacation check will also be taxed as a bonus.
Who were the morons who agreed to that.
I’m mean that is an earned vacation week that we received because of this new agreement.
It’s like any week we take and get paid for why in the hell is this considered a bonus?
Please can someone explain this
Bonuses are taxed at a flat rate of 25%.
Mechanics make enough to stick them into the higher 26-28% and sometimes higher rate, so the 25% is lower than your regular tax bracket. However, anyone making 75K or less is in the 12-18% tax bracket (thanks to Trump changing the tax brackets) and then the 25% tax would be higher than what those folks are used to.
As AIM said, you can change your tax rate whenever you know you will be getting a rather large bonus, payment or other extra pay. Plan it out correctly, and you can spread it out slowly back to the normal and not get nailed at the end of year so hard. Play with it too much and you will get zapped come year end and owe a bunch back. Pay me now or pay me later is what I call it. Mostly it's still all a wash in the end. Gov. gonna get their part no matter what, you can make the decision on the timing is all, after it all, it is your money, so you control when the gov. gets paid and how much at a time.

It doesn't matter, nothing shows on payroll today the day before, I'm telling you they gonna NOT pay it... They don't have to and they won't.

It doesn't matter, nothing shows on payroll today the day before, I'm telling you they gonna NOT pay it... They don't have to and they won't.
After they pay the VC and SB by the fall the company will come back to the association asking for concessions that the association will gladly abide. As long as layoffs are traded for pay cuts and loss of benefits the association keeps the dues flowing. So we get the money now only to give it up later and more. Sounds like 2003 is going to happen again. I hope not but that is MY opinion.

These fackers, the union and the company have done everything they can over the years to give it to us in the arse, I expect nothing different this time around. Including this bonus payout , whatever the fack it is....

Reactions: Talos
It’s in my paperless pay as of this morning
The bonus and vacation payout are on one check

That's good for you ,, I have not been able to access epays all morning and the one time I did the payment info wasn't there...
i think the iam gets paid first then the twu if there is anything left.its the way of the assocition.

After they pay the VC and SB by the fall the company will come back to the association asking for concessions that the association will gladly abide. As long as layoffs are traded for pay cuts and loss of benefits the association keeps the dues flowing. So we get the money now only to give it up later and more. Sounds like 2003 is going to happen again. I hope not but that is MY opinion.
Spot on with this 1AA. History repeating itself.