Virgin America Weighs Sale After Receiving Interest

A foreign carrier cannot own more than 49% of a US based carrier nor can they be in control of it. Remember how the DOT gave VX a hard time when they were first getting off the ground?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
That's going to be an interesting case with the DOJ --- AS has extensive codesharing with both DL and AA, and both deals would potentially stand in the way of AS trying to do a merger without significant changes to both codesharing partnerships.

Given the DL agreement hasn't been able to be broken before by AS, it's entirely possible that DL could play the role of spoiler.
 
eolesen said:
That's going to be an interesting case with the DOJ --- AS has extensive codesharing with both DL and AA, and both deals would potentially stand in the way of AS trying to do a merger without significant changes to both codesharing partnerships.

Given the DL agreement hasn't been able to be broken before by AS, it's entirely possible that DL could play the role of spoiler.
Could it be possible for JB to revisit their offer?  To me it would seem JB would be in more of a need for Virgin than AS,s need for Virgin. Your thoughts?
 
swamt said:
Could it be possible for JB to revisit their offer?  To me it would seem JB would be in more of a need for Virgin than AS,s need for Virgin. Your thoughts?
More than likely, JB has already been given an opportunity to offer more than $2.6 billion and declined the offer.  Quite frankly, I think it's a bit much myself.  There's going to have to be some really upscale profits to amortize that selling price.
 
I also think AS just made themselves less desirable for an acquisition.  But only time will tell, we will see if there are any more in the future.  Still wondering what JB still might do, or what is next for them?
 
jimntx said:
More than likely, JB has already been given an opportunity to offer more than $2.6 billion and declined the offer.  Quite frankly, I think it's a bit much myself.  There's going to have to be some really upscale profits to amortize that selling price.
What the heck happened?  When I left home this morning it was a $2.6 billion acquisition.  Now ATW is reporting it as a $4 billion deal????
 
http://atwonline.com/data-financials/alaska-airlines-buy-virgin-america?NL=ATW-04&Issue=ATW-04_20160404_ATW-04_28&sfvc4enews=42&cl=article_1_b&utm_rid=CPEN1000001734009&utm_campaign=5510&utm_medium=email&elq2=9be960c6caaf4213abc4ee109362fe41
 

Latest posts