Virgin Usa Ceo Tba Soon

Does this even matter? The CEO will only be a "yes-man" to Branson anyway. I guess it shows progress in moving forward, maybe even reveal the US partner, but the choice of person, in my estimation, is insignificant.

funguy2 said:
Does this even matter? The CEO will only be a "yes-man" to Branson anyway. I guess it shows progress in moving forward, maybe even reveal the US partner, but the choice of person, in my estimation, is insignificant.
Have to disagree there. Virgin Express and Virgin Blue both have much autonomy and aren't strictly regulated by Branson. Since selling Virgin Records, Branson's main interest is in Virgin Atlantic. That's not to say that hed doesn't want to push for success of the other companies, but if you look...he's actually fairly removed from the day-to-day executive management of his other products.

I think Ornstein from Mesa will be one of the three execs as he headed up Virgin Express prior to Mesa. After that, it's somewhat in the air (incidental pun). There are other non-CEOs in the US that have served as executives under Branson as well and there are the high-profile execs that have recently "left" their posts at the majors. I'm not sure that any of them actually fits Branson's mold, though.

Interesting that Gordon Bethune unexpectedly announced that he will step down at CAL the first of next year, isn't it?

Jim

Ornstein would be a logical choice, him and Branson are said to be friends. It would hurt Mesa not to have him though.

Besides, Beauvais is too busy grifting, er..starting another airline. :lol:

Im guessing its either going to be Dave Segel (He will bail on US Airways) and blame labor or it is going to be Dave Barger from jetBlue. Reference a recent article noting that Barger does not have a long term contract.

Knowing Dave from his VP City manager days in EWR with CO, I would take him in a heart beat. The man is very good at what he does and key....gets along well with employees.

I doubt it will be Orenstien (sp?)... He left Virgin Express and CO Express in order to run his own show at Mesa. My guess is that he does not want to work for somebody. Even if he is hands off. If Virgin Express was such a great deal for Orenstien, why did he leave? I do believe the Orenstien wants desperately to run a major carrier, I get the impression that he wants to do it his own way.