Virtuallythere.com/Sabre alternative?

az_wild727

Senior
Sep 13, 2005
PHX
Hello there. Quick question. Since I started flying with US in 2003 I always liked to look up the reservation in a real-time mode on virtuallythere.com- I would just plug in the PNR and my last name, press ENTER and... POOF! I had my entire resv show up. Now that we are going to SHARES, does anybody know a website like virtuallythere.com that can pull up SHARES resv, send them to cell phone/PDA and manage them? The new usairways.com is quite limited in this. I know SHARES is part of AMADEUS, but the AMADEUS website does not let me pull up a SHARES reservation on HP/US. Any suggestions, tips, info?

King poses a great question. In SABRE, there are several different ways to find a passenger's record locator. It's very important when we reroute or expedite baggage in PIT, because we make notations in the PNR as to what was done with the bag, then we send a baggage forwarding message to the downline station(s) to let them know how we're sending the bag so they can look for it and get it where it belongs. I was told recently that all of our baggage forwarding will have to be done through WorldTracer now. That would be fine if we were trained to use it. No such class is scheduled AFAIK.

Latest posts

Back