Vote yes or no - take it or leave it - NO renegotiation of TAs

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
AA says no to any renegotiation of the TAs. Take it or leave it. Which will it be?

Last week, officials from the pilots union, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants and the Transport Workers Union met with American''s chairman and chief executive, Donald J. Carty, to ask that the concessions deals be limited to three years instead of six.

The company declined to comment on the meeting, but union officials say Carty flatly turned them down and indicated he''ll wait for the results of voting by union members.

If those deals are voted down, there is no renegotiation, there is no negotiating table to return to, said airline spokesman Bruce Hicks. We came precipitously close to bankruptcy (last week). We must have agreements from all three groups to continue to avoid bankruptcy.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/030408/american_labor_2.html

----------------
On 4/8/2003 3:11:39 PM FWAAA wrote:

AA says no to any renegotiation of the TAs. Take it or leave it. Which will it be?

Last week, officials from the pilots union, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants and the Transport Workers Union met with American''s chairman and chief executive, Donald J. Carty, to ask that the concessions deals be limited to three years instead of six.

The company declined to comment on the meeting, but union officials say Carty flatly turned them down and indicated he''ll wait for the results of voting by union members.

"If those deals are voted down, there is no renegotiation, there is no negotiating table to return to," said airline spokesman Bruce Hicks. "We came precipitously close to bankruptcy (last week). We must have agreements from all three groups to continue to avoid bankruptcy."

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/030408/american_labor_2.html

----------------​

So BK it is, now instead of later. Why procrastinate? There will be negotiations, with none of this ''take it or leave it'' crap either, but Carty may not be there.

----------------
On 4/8/2003 10:35:27 PM Bob Owens wrote:
So BK it is, now instead of later. Why procrastinate? There will be negotiations, with none of this ''take it or leave it'' crap either, but Carty may not be there.
----------------​
Why BK at all? You just really want the mechanics to take a bigger hit. Or is it you are so pissed at everyone else''s ability to negotiate good contracts with AA, and your inability that you want the rest of us all to take a bigger hit? Rest assured Carty will be there. He will be the one with XXL size shaft you and your group.

----------------
On 4/8/2003 10:51:26 PM FA Mikey wrote:

----------------
----------------​
Why BK at all? You just really want the mechanics to take a bigger hit. Or is it you are so pissed at everyone else''s ability to negotiate good contracts with AA, and your inability that you want the rest of us all to take a bigger hit? Rest assured Carty will be there. He will be the one with XXL size shaft you and your group.

----------------​
Hey Mikey, we took the biggest hit.
You facture in the 17.5% and the vc freeze with the lose of shift differential and half pay for the first two sick days. WE GOT HOSED!! The other TWU groups did better than us. I have decided that I will not vote NO, I will vote HELL NO!! I will not take a $14,000 plus paycut. It is not justified. Lets go play in the court room with the judge.

----------------

----------------​

Don''t be so sure. I wouldn''t be surprised if the BK court doesn''t give Carty a raise to stay on with the company through this "difficult" time.

I am sorry you are voting no. It will be interesting to see how much worse the cuts in vacation, sick and pay will be. You do know the judge doesn''t care about your skills, certifications or even that some might be taking a slightly smaller hit.

I guess I cant understand why if this is such a horrible deal. You would chose to take a larger hit in court?

----------------
On 4/8/2003 11:59:39 PM FA Mikey wrote:

I am sorry you are voting no. It will be interesting to see how much worse the cuts in vacation, sick and pay will be. You do know the judge doesn''t care about your skills, certifications or even that some might be taking a slightly smaller hit.

I guess I cant understand why if this is such a horrible deal. You would chose to take a larger hit in court?

----------------​
But US Bankruptcy Court is just like the People''s Court or Judge Judy, right?

Everyone will take the stand and tell the judge how awful the big bad mean executives have been and how the employees can''t afford big pay cuts and the judge might rule in the employees'' favor and cut pay at most 2% or 3% and everything will turn out ok.

All the executives will be fired and new management will be found who will work for $60,000 max and they will be so much smarter than Carty and Baker and all the rest.

And the judge will find Carty''s Vault - filled with cash - so much cash that AA will be able to pay off its debts and give all of the unionized work force large bonuses at the end of 2003.

And the judge might even issue a majority of the new stock in AMR to the employees for their many years of dedication and sacrifice.

You just don''t get it, do you??

It''s a good thing management can hide behind the alias on this board and spread fear. Otherwise, with the truth exposed, your message would be muted.

----------------
On 4/9/2003 7:14:40 AM RV4 wrote:

It''s a good thing management can hide behind the alias on this board and spread fear. Otherwise, with the truth exposed, your message would be muted.

----------------​

It''s a good thing that you can also hide behind the alias on this board and spread your own flavor of fear, Dave.

I use my real name, and don''t think my message has been muted in the least bit.