Wacked Out Idea

broken

Jan 14, 2004
Hey guys, I was wondering if getting my commercial helicopter on the Schwiezer 330 would be benificial compared to say a R22 or 300C, Also.... How hard would it be to convert and Indian CHPL to a Canadian CPL-H? reason being, I can go to India and fly the 330 for around $325 per hour Canadian, and the total hours would be around 150 for the CHPL. Any thoughts or comments?

this is the website that I got the info from.
http://www.hal-india.com/helicopter/trainingacademy.asp

I trained on the B-47 and loved the experience, great heavey underpowered machine! Seemed to be a good learning platform as there was never much in the way of excess power, although I've never flown the other two.

BB

you may want to check out how widely accepted the Indian CPL is.........

if you are planning to come back to work in canada?

I don't know how they do it in Canada, but here in the states, you get a medical, take a written, then take a flight check. Pretty simple. Now for wanting to do all of your training in a Turbine out in India, well thats has to be interesting to say the least. I would not do it in the 330, While I like the 300 c's and have flown them, I would suggest that you do your training in one of those along with the R-22. You want to be able to get a job, most new helicopter pilots start off flying either. Here in the states, its the R-22 just because there are some many around. You are going to need both some time, and a Factory school to fly the 22. Make your choice not on how much money I can save or for the same money fly turbine. Make the choice that will put you into a seat to build time the quickest. It dose you no real good to get the License, then spend a couple of years looking for a seat. Sad to say while that school in India looks pretty good and I'm sure that they run a good school after all they do pretty good education wise in general, I would think that staying in Canada, learning in a R-22 and getting some time in the R-44 may be the best course to get employed the quickest. Besides nobody is going to hire you with a 150 hours to fly a turbine aircraft. At least they don't here in the States and we have a lot of aviation here.

Back