WAR ...Should Canada Be/Get Involved

Louie

Advanced
Mar 14, 2003
Should Canada be involved in the war with
Saddam?

(I think we should, and it's embarassing that Jean has not offered!)

Or do you think the Yanks have dug themselves into a deep hole?

15.gif

Should we be involved..............?? Who knows..........should anyone be invovled in war??

Personally, I feel that the LOON south of the border has alternate reasons for blowing the crap out of Iraq rather then the WMD. I wish it was not happening, for the poor people of Iraq, the families of the British and American troops who are about to loose loved ones, and the rest of the world.

I think we are about to see a re-hash of that very very sad scenario that played itself out many years ago were many young men and women died becuase their government was STUPID.

I know our politicians can not say it but I can......... George your a moron!!!!!

I haven''t decided if I agree with the war in Iraq. I believe that Sadaam is crazy, but I think its just a revenge deal. If Al Gore got into office I don''t there would be a war right now.

But I think Canada should be over their with them. It may affect future trade with the states.

Well... I never like to get involved in these types of "discussions" because, I have a personal prejudice. I am an ex-mil wog. I''ve been there, done that and have the scars to show for it. Some ya can see, some ya can''t!

The problem, as I see it, is just where do we get the bodies to do anything with? We are outa soldiers, outa equipment, or what we have don''t work OR is incompatable with anything else in the Operations area.

WE have a government with no back bone, filled with wimps who couldn''t make a responsible decision if they had to.

We have all heard the "tree huggers" and other talk about how this is not "our war". So, just who''s war is it anyways? This is a global event people, and as sure as the USA is involved, we are involved.

Anybody who believes that politians are telling you the truth, believes in the tooth fairy. As Chopper Copper stated, we are involved.

Get over it. Life is a series of war as is the economy and everything else.

Is Saddam Hussien dangerous? Beyond doubt! Will change be effected in Iraq without outside intervention? Never! Will the status quo of Iraq have any effect on us, if there was no invasion or liberation? Most certainly! It was and is having an effect.

For those of you who believe that Saddam must go, but dispute the measures taken, what do you suggest? Sanctions? Did that, didn''t work! Those affected were the Iraqi people, not him nor his croonies! Was the US responsible for his comming to power? Certainly! And the same people who are complaining about the US''s involvement in bring him to power are the same people who are whinning about the US taking him down!!

They are correcting their mistake! Albeit in a rather drastic manner, however, drastic times call for drastic actions.

My concern is not over these actions but rather the first victim/s. And that is not the first casualty. The first victim of any war is innocence! We are sending our young, too young to leagally drink, to kill for us.

It should be us old guys, we''ve been there, they can''t show us anything we haven''t seen before, or have had to live with since!

As for Bush being a moron, surely you jest! Have you honestly looked at what we have elected in Ottawa?

If we had the people and the resources, my vote would be to go!

Bullet/Helicoppter please englighten us folk(me) who are not in the know..

"like it or not... we ARE involved, folks."

"This is a global event people, and as sure as the USA is involved, we are involved.
As Chopper Copper stated, we are involved."

UNQUOTE

6.gif

Excellent, excellent, post Bullet R. You've said/covered what I might have said 'cept I didn't, I kind of stay out of these discussions also. In an ideal world, we all know what we'd be doing , but, this isn't an ideal world .

Move in, move out, move on ......

mister louie...

refer to "lew''s view" within this same forum... our country is most definitely involved and will remain so for some time.

I believe Canada should be involved, but that would inevitably force the issue of Defence Spending or the lack thereof which is shameful

Hey Louweeeeee, RDMmmmmm and Seigerrrrrrr, were do you get them there avtars! Oh and tell me how to use dem! Pulleese, and tanks!

So the yanks are running out of tomahawks,
maybe we should send them some of our
Grouse..we are so fuc-ed..

Hey Biggles I think there''s one left of Celine or Rene simard for you to emulate!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaaaa

OK Louie, thats one for you! Only problem is I can''t remember who I had in mind for you.......dang....this old age stuff ...... hahahaha

Latest posts