Weekly Petroleum Status Report - 6/24/05

You need some help, now you are advocating killing people.

Call the EAS.

jimntx said:
Don't even try to explain. The one thing that pompous blowhards do almost as well as blow hard is take offense when anyone disagrees with them or does not take them seriously.
[post="280841"][/post]​

Well Jim, you obviously rose to your real level of competance when you changed careers. The problem is I'm having trouble finding anything that you've said that makes sense. What exactly is it that you disagree with? Are you saying that demand will be greater than supply? That OPEC will put up a sign that says "Sold out, gone fishing" instead of letting the markets work and actually selling oil for the price where demand equals supply? If OPEC doesn't do it, then whomever they sold oil to, WILL. That's why oil isn't $20 a barrel. At $20, demand WOULD be greater than supply. At MARKET PRICES, it isn't.

WADR Jim, you are appearing to be a frustrated incompetant that can't form a rational argument and are now resorting to name calling. Truely sad.

BoeingBoy said:
I think jimntx was addressing delldude's post in his remarks you quoted above, busdrvr....

Jim
[post="280801"][/post]​

BB, Jim is using a quote from the article that DD linkes that suggests that Mr. Simmons thinks that demand will be greater than supply. He's not refuting DD, he's taking an ill-informed sarcastic swipe at me. I'm suggesting that he'd be well served to actually spend some time on Mr Simmons' company website to get a better idea of Mr. Simmons' actual positions before taking his juvi swipes. But then again he's an F/A with 20 plus years of pumping gas in Texas. He knows way more than people with that there college learnin. :rolleyes:

700UW said:
You need some help, now you are advocating killing people.

Call the EAS.
[post="280864"][/post]​

Heh Heh..... You make me laugh. I'm not
advocating killing people. I don't have that
kind of power or access, only the CIA does.

Read the June 2004 issue of National Geographic
and you will see that we are not anywhere near
depleting the world's supply of oil, and the only
dynamics that are keeping the prices high right
now are GREEDY investors, and GREEDY oil
compaines. If we could neutralize them all, then
life would be great. The greater good of the
world outweighs their continued existence.

SpinDoc said:
Read the June 2004 issue of National Geographic
and you will see that we are not anywhere near
depleting the world's supply of oil, and the only
dynamics that are keeping the prices high right
now are GREEDY investors, and GREEDY oil
compaines.

Update:
I guess the suggestion to read and seek the truth
about the world oil situation doesn't interest
anyone on this forum. (See above suggestion)
Oh well, it's always easier to raise conjecture and
talk about doom and gloom than it is to learn what
the real story is about the true cost of oil. Wake
up people. We're all being hoodwinked and taken
for a ride by a crooked government and greedy
people. Too bad their outlook isn't supported by
the facts. It appears the speculators and
futures traders don't know how to read.

Busdrvr said:
BB, Jim is using a quote from the article that DD linkes that suggests that Mr. Simmons thinks that demand will be greater than supply. He's not refuting DD, he's taking an ill-informed sarcastic swipe at me. I'm suggesting that he'd be well served to actually spend some time on Mr Simmons' company website to get a better idea of Mr. Simmons' actual positions before taking his juvi swipes. But then again he's an F/A with 20 plus years of pumping gas in Texas. He knows way more than people with that there college learnin. :rolleyes:
[post="280917"][/post]​
I am distraught. The great Busdriver does not approve of me. I shall take my experience in the oil industry (not pumping gas, but then facts aren't that important to you, are they Busdriver?), my letters of appreciation from Rice University for the graduate courses in Business Systems Analysis and Design that I taught for them (gratis)--Busdriver, you can go ask a grownup what gratis means--and my financial security built up over years of not depending or expecting anyone's pension to pay my way in retirement, and go out in the yard and eat a bug. You have destroyed my fragile self-esteem with your rapier wit. My! My! "That there college learnin" How original and cutting! By the way, mister aeroplane pilot, if you are going to put down people from Texas or the South, it's "that THAR college LARNIN." Don't you know nuthin? :shock:

FWAAA said:
Oil plunging today; August futures down to $57.60, off $2.41. Emily apparently won't cause the feared damage:

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/stocks/eli...=FREE&cm_ite=NA
[post="281845"][/post]​

Millions of Americans are hoping the
death spiral continues for oil futures,
and it rightfully should continue on
the downward because oil is priced
too high. All of the bullsheet that
the analysts have been using to
pump up the prices was fodder to
make the traders a lot of money.
I hope they lost their shirts when
the market collapses into the sub