West Airplanes and paint

smfav8r

Advanced
Mar 20, 2003
Have any of the West aircraft been painted in the new livery? If not, when are they slated to go to the paint shop?

Have any of the West aircraft been painted in the new livery? If not, when are they slated to go to the paint shop?
The painting started in January, but was on hold during March due to heavy loads during spring break. It started back up (3 lines at a time) in April. I think about 25-30 have been painted so far.

The sky around PHX looks different as we see more of these airplanes.

The painting started in January, but was on hold during March due to heavy loads during spring break. It started back up (3 lines at a time) in April. I think about 25-30 have been painted so far.

Wonder when they will start back on Express planes. The two they have painted now look spiffy.

If only the company would paint the US east airplanes that are half bald. I flew a 757 on Saturday that was missing the majority of the paint on the top. Embarassing!

33 planes have been painted 3 plains were just finished this past week. there are 3 lines going on with the 320/319 the 757 go in next after all the airbuses are done.

Thanks, one of my Delta neighbors (confused as usual) swore up and down that a West crew was flying an East airplane. I tried to explain the whole one company operating two certificates thing...eventually becoming one, but once again, what can you say except, Delta.

I figured it was a West airplane painted in the new livery and tried to explain this.....but he's Delta.

Saw a new west paint A320 in MCO yesterday and 2 in BOS today. They are becoming a more common sight in the east, you can tell by the AW tail number. Pretty cool seeing east and west taxiing out in new paint. Confuses the competiion when ATC says "follow the cactus", reply-"what cactus?".

Back