Wha? Losing $4 Million A Day?

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
Back before August 2002, wasn't your company losing only $1 billion a year?

Now, I am not one of those mathematician fellas but if the workers gave back close to $3 billion and you subtract that from the $1 billion then things should be $2 billion to the good per year.

Not so, lose $135 million in Janury [4 Million a day] and now oil is at $53 barrell.

Not surprisingly, some are reporting that more concessions may be needed even though the ink isn't dry on the last concessions.

I'm sure the 'courrier service' that has been oh so good at making ontime deliveries of your company's proposals will be right there for them.

regards,

No way the unions will agree to this again. If US can't make it now, I honestly believe most people would rather walk and use the opportunity to find something new and more stable.

USFlyer said:
No way the unions will agree to this again. If US can't make it now, I honestly believe most people would rather walk and use the opportunity to find something new and more stable.
[post="252509"][/post]​

Most but not all...I will bet you that...

QUOTE(savyinvestor @ Mar 3 2005, 06:38 PM)
I find it hard to believe the pilots won't bend over again. Savy

A320 Driver said:
I'm one that won't.

A320 Driver B)
[post="252521"][/post]​

Could that be because you have never stood up yet? I told you before the loses were announced that the 'pain train' is coming and the first stop is with you. You still make more than U can afford to pay and you have it better at U than anywhere else. You danced to the music now it is time to pay the fiddler. The pilots will give more concessions before chapter 7 is announced.

Just wanted to say, as for this pilot, it's over. Early "retirement" and on to a new life outside of aviation. Just waiting for the start date...There is no reason to stay.

So no more concessions. Have given enough there is nothing more to give. Moving on. Counting the days....

Oh, sold the 700 shares today for .87 cents a share. Wow...

Could be just silliness on my part, but I don't think the employees will give any more. We've donated heavily to this cause already and have absolutely nothing to show for it. No job security, no gratitude from management or the BOD. Our CEO refuses to share our pain and take a paycut. Not a very inspirational leader, in my opinion.

People are retiring or quitting at record numbers. Most of us have been preparing for the end for several years. If there was genuine faith in management or at least a show of appreciation for those of us actually do the work around here, it might be different. But instead, we get blamed for the poor performance of the airline.

Pensions are gone, health benefits slashed, many jobs are gone, more work and less pay. We are a labor force with little to lose.

Not that I'm whining, mind you.

Dea

Latest posts