What Does This Mean?

leadingedge

Advanced
Sep 27, 2004
Is there a realation to Benoit Allard of the Coast to Coast thing? Or are the names just similar?

CHC Appoints New CEO

VANCOUVER, Nov. 9 /CNW/ - Craig L. Dobbin, O.C., Chairman of CHC
Helicopter Corporation ("CHC") (TSX: FLY.A and FLY.B; NYSE: FLI) is pleased to
announce the appointment of Sylvain Allard as the Company's Chief Executive
Officer. Mr. Allard will replace Mr. Dobbin as Chief Executive Officer,
effective today. Mr. Dobbin will assume a new role as Executive Chairman, and
will remain closely associated with the affairs of the company.
Mr. Dobbin said: "Sylvain has helped guide us to record earnings year
after year, and I'm confident that with this new appointment CHC will continue
to expand and prosper as the world's largest helicopter services company."
Mr. Allard started with the Company as a helicopter pilot in Eastern
Canada in 1982. He earned a Masters of Business Administration degree (Gold
Medallist) from Concordia University, Montreal, and has held several key
positions in the Company, including Chief Pilot, President of Viking
Helicopters Ltd., President of Canadian Helicopters (Eastern), and President
of CHC Helicopters International. On April 30, 1998, Mr. Allard was appointed
President of the Company. As president, Mr. Allard helped facilitate the
successful acquisition and consolidation of HSG Group and Schreiner Aviation,
and the focusing of CHC into the world's largest offshore helicopter operator.

CHC Helicopter Corporation is the world's largest provider of helicopter
services to the global offshore oil and gas industry, with aircraft operating
in more than 30 countries and a team of approximately 3,400 professionals
worldwide.

If you wish to be added to, or removed from, the Company's distribution
list, please contact mailto:[email protected].

Has anyone heard who was appointed as the Cheif Pilot, apparently Alex has retired and someone new has stepped in....?

Albert Ross -------Alec is retiring? I didn't really need to know that. I thought I was the only one getting old. What's he going to do......return to Montreal and run the "Rainbow Bar & Grill" again? :D

I have some information from some sources that there are some big changes happening with CHC. Maybe just rumour but Allard and the Coast to Coast group may be taking over. Big shuffles and new appointments at the executive leve as well.......

OHMYGOD!!

One Mr. Dobbin owns most of the shares. What happens, will happen when he says it's going to happen......public company or no public company. I believe the saying is ....."stupid like a fox". :D

Guido Lepore the former assistant CP is the new CP, Alec has an advisory role until retirement in May next year. Guy Smith ex TC Pacific and Helijet CP is now the Global standards and Ops manager. Among the crews on my base these are all really popular appointments and hopefully a step in a new direction. All the other moves at the corporate level are desk drivers and too numerous to list.

Guy Smith ? Good thing he made it into management cause he couldn't land an ASTAR from the left seat if his life depended on it!

Former PPC holder- Guy Smith!

Sorry OT , you are right!

I retract my statements on everything not concerning piloting ability!

Respectfully yours

L.E

Tsk,Tsk,Tsk Now,Now Edgeman you are the last person who should be talking like this when last I saw you fly, you said you had a couple thousand hours yet you handled the Aircraft like a guy with much less time than that, it kinda reminded me of my first time with Mary-Jane Rottencrotch, I to was all Thumbs and fingers and twitching like a dog with worms.But I could be wrong and you could very well have as much time as that resume of yours states, and if that is the case I guess you are just a Poor Hamfisted SOB.

P.s. when posting your resume on websites, just say you have AS350 time we don't need to know all the types, even transport simplifies this on you licence, also the D model AS350 has the "Tank Engine" as you put it like the BA+ it is called the LTS101.

Your Friend
DTII