What gives?

The two chapter 11's in two years did not help and the boy wonder during that time,dave siegel did much to kill morale and just overall poor planning at least on the piedmont side I saw go on for years.They just seem to be a couple of notches below other carriers such as southwest and american.Have flown both in the past and the level of professionalism appears to me to be higher.

Just my 2 cents.

People continue to come here regularly because they've yet to resolve that eternal and vastly important question of which dead airline was crappier, and to prove who's the more professional and dignified by exchanging slanders and insults for years on end.

i think alot of the employee groups come here in order to come to a concensus ...if it wasn't for this message board i wouldn't really understand the "East" point of view in my own work group ...

also the gossip ... yeah the gossip element is huge ... another great thing about the board is we can get real time company news without the spin ... i may not post as much as i used too , but i still check the board at least once a week ..

The fact that this website was started by a couple of US employees (ex-US employees?) may have something to do with the popularity of the US forum.

Calmed down alot? Have you read some of the pilot remarks lately in their thread?

One reason this board is mainly US centric is that the founder and owner is a former US pilot, so it was natural that the original emphasis was there. US has created a good number of controversies on it's own over the years, so one would expect the traffic here to center around the airline that everyone loves to hate.

Personally I am very grateful to this site. While FFOCUS didn't start here it grew and and I have had the good fortune to meet some of the fine employees and my fellow customers through this board....friendships I hold near and dear to this day.

I just wish that some of the discussions here could be more civil and address the issues more than the personal animosities ....I truly think that if the energy spent attacking each other was focused on solving some of the issues things might get a little better out there...but it takes two to tango and the sandcastle apparently has two left feet.

I wish everyone a happy healthy and safe 4th....i

I tend to stay away from the divided union thread, because like a soap opera you can tune in once a year and catch up on the never changing plot!

The discussions can never be civil because neither party will give in. There's a certain 'one upsmanship' attitude in airline personnel as a whole. I see it come out among rival airlines. US takes it to a whole new level. It's a civil war B)

Now they are calling each other SCABS, and claim they are the REAL union.

Add the bad publicity, the WN target, the discussions that always go off course, etc., etc., etc...
...I can't speak for anyone else, but that's what keeps me coming back!

Latest posts

Back