What management DOES care about…

Phoenix

Veteran
Apr 16, 2003
Visit site
The employees can make a long list of what Mgt. does NOT care about... it is obvious.

Customer service is NOT Mgts driving variable.
- The F/As have been reduced to “safety levelsâ€￾ from what used to be “service levels.â€￾
- Most of the customer call centers are closed and customers now listen to “appreciation recordingsâ€￾
- The ticket lines are often an hour long, unless you use the “personal service kiosksâ€￾
- Did they put the pillows and blankets back on the plane so passengers can be comfortable?
- And what has Ben B. been up to lately?!

Employee morale is NOT Mgts driving variable either.

- Pension?
- Pay?
- Medical benefits? (burnden?)
- Vacation?
- ACARS trickery?
- Motel 6 is the good hotel?
- Keeping ones word?
- Sick policy?
- Crew meals?
- Furloughs?
- Be happy you have a job!

Q: So what DOES Mgt care about?
Do they care about the letters of appreciation or complaint that are written by pax? Hint: Right before bankruptcy, did Wolf ask to have 35 Million copies of the “customer lettersâ€￾ and the accompanying “corporate responsesâ€￾framed and sent to his château in France?

Do they care about employee suggestions? Did Wolf ask for 35 million copies of the employee suggestions to be framed and the best ones to be made into “vanity platesâ€￾ for all his collectable cars?

A: Your canceled stock certificates are being recycled in order to be used as wine labels for his private cellar.

Max Money out of your pocket is what matters.

“Even the snake oil salesman is concerned about customer service. You are the customer, and you better serve him well or he is going on to the next town.â€￾

When are we going to stop worrying about Steve Wolf, he no longer works here. Dave''s management team wa smostly worried about staying out of liquidation, which they did. Give them another year to try and right the ship, since they spent the last year keeping it from sinking.

----------------
On 4/16/2003 10:32:59 PM N628AU wrote:

When are we going to stop worrying about Steve Wolf, he no longer works here. Dave's management team wa smostly worried about staying out of liquidation, which they did. Give them another year to try and right the ship, since they spent the last year keeping it from sinking.

----------------​
What this management cares about is: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's it! And the profits that senior execs will divy up along with the major stake holders RSA!

THEY WILL RIGHT THE SHIP SO THAT THEY PROFIT FOR THEMSELVES ONLY! If you haven't noticed yet...we are stuck with concessionary agreements for the next 6 years.

What world do you live in?????????/

For a lot of employees, The jury is IN concerning -LABOR FRIENDLY- Dave and his buddies.. Personally, He has shown a lack of integrity when he decided NOT to go after Wolf's, Gangwal's and Nagin's golden parachutes. $35 mil...But he did decide to take the 5% deferral money from the employees ! Meet the new BOSS,, same as the old BOSS.

N628AU, PineyBob,

You guys are funny.

Money drives this management. All other variables are for window dressing.

Most employees have not come to appreciate the reality that Dave and company don’t care about the same things that employees care about. They still hold out hope that Mr. Rogers has come to the neighborhood. The fact is, past and continuing practice of US Air mgt demonstrates that “Money in pocketâ€￾ cancels out all other considerations, cheerleader rants notwithstanding. Your stock... how does it add to the bottom line?. Your job... add to the bottom line? Customer satisfacition... the bottom line? Employee morale... bottom line?

Dave considers these things to be inversely proportional to the length of his boat.

Dave’s benevolence didn’t keep the US Air name from liquidation to keep 50% of the jobs at Mainline. He kept it to have 500 Jets at Mesa painted to look like US Air.

Contrary to the claims of pessimists, not all management style is this way at all companies. But facts are facts, US Air senior mgt walks, eats, and breaths one way, regardless of what they say about themselves. Neither does it matter how long equivocating juries remain in deliberation.

Follow the contract, and earn your pay. Smile to the customers. They didn’t pay for it but it is fun to be friendly.

Once you realize that this management is concerned about money to the point that it supersedes all considerations of customers and employees, then life is easier. You do your job in a way that you are proud of, earn your pay and show up to work again if the check clears the bank. If the union catches a clue, vote no. If you get a chance to buy snake oil, pass. If you find a better place to work then take it.

And if you want some entertainment, occasionally come to USAVIATION.com to see the cheerleaders who still espouse the grand benefits of snake oil, and especially the salesmen of it.

P.S. If Dave shows up to fly on your plane, don''t smile but be polite. Pretend you don’t know him and request to see his ticket for verification. If he tells you he is the CEO, tell him he doesn''t look like Mr. Gangwal.

Phoenix writes:

P.S. If Dave shows up to fly on your plane, don''t smile but be polite. Pretend you don’t know him and request to see his ticket for verification. If he tells you he is the CEO, tell him he doesn''t look like Mr. Gangwal.

PITbull writes:

That line made me howl. Thanx.

----------------
On 4/17/2003 4:23:25 PM PITbull wrote:

Of course they care about $$$$$$$$. Isn''t that the name of the game? Simple business common sense will tell you if there is no profit there is no company. Come on guys....use your head for something other than a hat rack.

That''s it! And the profits that senior execs will divy up along with the major stake holders RSA!

THEY WILL RIGHT THE SHIP SO THAT THEY PROFIT FOR THEMSELVES ONLY! If you haven''t noticed yet...we are stuck with concessionary agreements for the next 6 years.

Are you saying the share of the company you received for your givebacks will be worth something different than that of management? If they right the ship all the share value will be worth the same on a share by share basis. Granted they will have more worth because they hold a greater portion of the shares but that''s the name of the game if you''re RSA. They provided the DIP financing and those were the benefits. It''s that business principle thing again.

It''s called reality! Get over the envy thing.

----------------

----------------
On 4/18/2003 12:03:45 PM MrAeroMan wrote:

----------------
On 4/17/2003 4:23:25 PM PITbull wrote:

Of course they care about $$$$$$$$. Isn''t that the name of the game? Simple business common sense will tell you if there is no profit there is no company. Come on guys....use your head for something other than a hat rack.

That''s it! And the profits that senior execs will divy up along with the major stake holders RSA!

THEY WILL RIGHT THE SHIP SO THAT THEY PROFIT FOR THEMSELVES ONLY! If you haven''t noticed yet...we are stuck with concessionary agreements for the next 6 years.

Are you saying the share of the company you received for your givebacks will be worth something different than that of management? If they right the ship all the share value will be worth the same on a share by share basis. Granted they will have more worth because they hold a greater portion of the shares but that''s the name of the game if you''re RSA. They provided the DIP financing and those were the benefits. It''s that business principle thing again.

It''s called reality! Get over the envy thing.

----------------

----------------​
Aeroman,

Many of the employees so called "stake" will never ever compensate them for the financial sacrifices they gave to save this company. Contrare, management will gain much more through their stake than the sacrifices given.

You, and your reality thinking, have not conceptualized yet how employee MORAL, effects BOTTOM LINE PROFITS. When that snynapsis, let me know...

With regard to "reality"...as John Manor said...

"THERE''S NO SUCH THING AS THE REAL WORLD...IT''S JUST A LIE YOU HAVE TO RISE ABOVE".

Peace.

----------------
On 4/18/2003 6:01:30 PM PineyBob wrote:

I much prefer "perception is reality"

----------------​

The above quote is the best quote I ever heard, it has many applications.

“Sadam... come on, think of it as a scratch.â€

“Mussolini… But you look good in a neck tie. Think of it as temporary.â€

“Bart… Don’t have a cow man, Butter Fingers are overrated. Picture yourself in a Lexus.

“No, no, no. You are not being deceived. You are lacking perception.â€

"My good friend, he is holding out on you. If you saw reality like I do, then you could have a better reality too. It is all in the fruit. If you would just eat this then you would be like him, and know what he knows."

----------------
On 4/16/2003 11:14:18 PM PineyBob wrote:

----------------
On 4/16/2003 10:32:59 PM N628AU wrote:

When are we going to stop worrying about Steve Wolf, he no longer works here.  Dave''s management team wa smostly worried about staying out of liquidation, which they did.  Give them another year to try and right the ship, since they spent the last year keeping it from sinking.

----------------​
Good point! Wolf is gone never to hold a top position in the airline industry. Don''t fight the last war! really does all of this venom directed at Wolf put money in your pocket? Does it help you develop a marketable skill set so you can tell US to pound sand?
As for Dave, the jury is still out.  Will the ship that he kept afloat completely right itself and sail into the Port O''Profit? time will tell

----------------​
I agree wholeheartedly about not worrying about Wolf and Gangwal..whats done is done..... However, the present mgmt. MUSt start focusing on employee morale ASAP.!!!! I ve been here for 22 years and have been a staunch supporter of these painful givebacks....BUT NOW...WHEW... they shock me on a daily basis with the heavy handed style of mgmt. No understanding that we are HUMAN BEINGS...I think the Human Resource Dept should be changed to INHUMAN resources. I could go on and on..but u know all too well whats happening..When does it stop?. I for one, have had enough.....we now have the lowest pay scale of the majors and Dave..our buddy...LOLOL.... says they are STILL too high...How much more can they take before we all tell them WE''VE GIVEN ENOUGH.!!!!

----------------
On 4/17/2003 7:11:42 PM Phoenix wrote:

Money drives this management. All other variables are for window dressing.

Most employees have not come to appreciate the reality that Dave and company don’t care about the same things that employees care about. They still hold out hope that Mr. Rogers has come to the neighborhood. The fact is, past and continuing practice of US Air mgt demonstrates that “Money in pocketâ€￾ cancels out all other considerations, cheerleader rants notwithstanding. Your stock... how does it add to the bottom line?. Your job... add to the bottom line? Customer satisfacition... the bottom line? Employee morale... bottom line?

Phoenix,

You and I are speaking the exact same language. Nice to find someone who is on the exact same page, same book; reading down the lines with this management.​

Pit,
Wish I could help ya out.
Fact is there are two types of Mgt.
1. Do what is right. Everyone reaps the rewards.
or...
2. Make money no matter what. The end justifies the means.
(If you fail to make the company profitable then at least remember to scarf as much as you can for yourself. And it wouldn't hurt to run like a greased pig too, doing whatever is necessary to make your way across the border into Syria.)

exapmle of greased pig:
[url="http://www.ci.milford.nh.us/pictures/slide0003_image002.jpg"]http://www.ci.milford.nh.us/pictures/slide0003_image002.jpg[/URL]

----------------
On 4/17/2003 4:23:25 PM

PITbull wrote:

----------------​

Well guess what, from now on, labor will be only about money too. We have given until we live each day in constant financial pain. We will give no more.

Threaten to close the company? Fine. As it sits now, we have to live in financial pain until 2008 (probably longer). If they want to increase the pain, the answer is NO!

Management doesn''t hand out boarding passes, fill the engines with oil, or pull back on the yoke.

Management can draw pie charts and plot policy all they want. If you want passengers taken from city to city, then, SHOW US THE MONEY.

We''ve learned a lot from Corporate America in the last few months:

1) It takes money to attract talented people.

2) It takes money to keep experienced valuable people.

3) It''s every employees responsibity to try and get as much as you can squeeze out of the company (for your talent): and not feel guilty about getting, whatever, you can get.

----------------
On 4/20/2003 9:07:06 AM repeet wrote:

----------------
On 4/17/2003 4:23:25 PM

PITbull wrote:

----------------​

Well guess what, from now on, labor will be only about money too. We have given until we live each day in constant financial pain. We will give no more.

Threaten to close the company? Fine. As it sits now, we have to live in financial pain until 2008 (probably longer). If they want to increase the pain, the answer is NO!

Management doesn''t hand out boarding passes, fill the engines with oil, or pull back on the yoke.

Management can draw pie charts and plot policy all they want. If you want passengers taken from city to city, then, SHOW US THE MONEY.

We''ve learned a lot from Corporate America in the last few months:

1) It takes money to attract talented people.

2) It takes money to keep experienced valuable people.

3) It''s every employees responsibity to try and get as much as you can squeeze out of the company (for your talent): and not feel guilty about getting, whatever, you can get.

----------------​
AMEN!

----------------
On 4/18/2003 12:51:23 PM PITbull wrote:

Aeroman,

Many of the employees so called "stake" will never ever compensate them for the financial sacrifices they gave to save this company. Contrare, management will gain much more through their stake than the sacrifices given.

You, and your reality thinking, have not conceptualized yet how employee MORAL, effects BOTTOM LINE PROFITS. When that snynapsis, let me know...

With regard to "reality"...as John Manor said...

"THERE''S NO SUCH THING AS THE REAL WORLD...IT''S JUST A LIE YOU HAVE TO RISE ABOVE".

Peace.

----------------​
Pitbull,

Where did we discuss the effects of employee morale on the bottom line? Did we have a conversation regarding that subject that I missed somewhere along the line? Apparently so! Now that you''ve brought it up let''s discuss it. I happen to believe employee morale does indeed affect the bottom line of any company. A happy employee will give the customer a reason to come back every time but honestly I don''t know where you get the idea that I didn''t think it was something that is important. The morale at U is at it''s lowest point ever and I''m sure even the current management can see that. They are one of the reasons the morale is where it is but they aren''t the only ones to blame. The union groups leaderships are also to blame. The contracts that were negotiated over the years led to a huge cost structure that no one in the industry could afford to pay especially after 9/11. Could the company done better in the tone of their negotions to make it more labor friendly? Sure they could have. Could the unions have done better in negotiations of previous contracts that didn''t put U at such a cost disadvantage and didn''t look out for themselves? Sure they could''ve but none of that matters now. You want to talk reality? Reality of the situation is if the cost reductions didn''t come when they did there would be no conversation about how the morale of the company affects the bottom line. The management definately looked out for themselves with the piece of the company they now have but to sit back and whine about how much they got and how little "I" got is useless and counterproductive. It''s time to tighten the boot straps, dig in and deliver the customer service that U''s employees have proven time and again they can deliver. I''m not sure what you''re talking about with your "snynapsis" {sic} comment so I can''t address that.

Aeroman