What will be AA's move if DL/NW merge?

The $4.9 billion mentioned by Jim includes the restricted cash; AMR's unrestricted cash and short-term investments was $4.5 billion on 3/31.

Well lets hope for the best and brace for the worst, I know one thing, I sure hope someone is held accountable for the loss at UAL.. UAL posted a loss of more than 300 million more than what they should have.. The best part of everything is that they NOW seem to think 500 salaried heads should roll.. Well, don't you think that should have been done in the first place. I have to say, if your company isn't raking in the dough (and none of us are) then you shouldn't have 5 million managers sitting around... UAL was always top heavy, maybe now the investors will demand the resignation of Tilton... It will be interesting as well to see how the management team at AMR deals with the upcoming negotiations of its labor groups.. Re - regulate the industry.

Well Jim, UALs loss is VERY unacceptable, with that being said, lets wait till the second quarter and see what AMRs loss is, and I think you better go back and read about how much cash on hand you have, b/c its not 4.9b... We are all in trouble, lets face facts...
Never said we were or we weren't. Fly just keeps predicting that AMR is going to be in BK anyday now to terminate our pensions; yet, the company keeps contributing to the plans. In fact, our plans are over 95% funded as of 01APR. Will they be frozen? I agree with nbmcg01. I think the plans will be frozen to current employees in the current negotiations. Future employees will have a 401-K only. (With 10cents on the dollar contribution from the company after 25 years of continuous, uninterrupted service. :lol: BTW, calling in sick will count as an interruption in service. :shock:)

And, though we lost money in the 1Q, we lost a LOT less than UAUA with higher salaries, older, less fuel efficient a/c, and no pensions to support. By the way, as far as Q2 loss, I read an analysis yesterday that said most money people will not be too concerned because they will attribute a lot of the loss to the FAA's little party they invited us to.

1) UAUA is about 75% the size of AMR
2) AMR's loss included half the MD80 groundings
3) UAUA supposedly has lower costs and debt structure after their bankruptcy

Taking all that into account and adjusting for relative size, UAUA lost about twice as much as AMR...

1) UAUA is about 75% the size of AMR
2) AMR's loss included half the MD80 groundings
3) UAUA supposedly has lower costs and debt structure after their bankruptcy

Taking all that into account and adjusting for relative size, UAUA lost about twice as much as AMR...

Actually, AMR's loss due to the MD-80 groundings is way over stated. It's hard to believe AMR incurred that much due to hotel bills and meal vouchers....

I believe I said it in this thread. If I said it before, it was a long time ago.

I believe you are incorrect............of course, it could be my wicked step-sister who posts without my permission but I doubt it. :)

Keep the quote in context. I said AA was MORE LIKELY to be filing for BK to shed pensions THAN UAL was to allow itself to be split between CAL and AA. Of course, my writing sometimes doesn't come out exactly how my brain was hoping it was meant to be read, so I understand how there could be misunderstandings. :lol: Dang public schooling for you. Mea culpa

Latest posts