White Church Bans Black Couple From Getting Married

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
Can you believe this?

CRYSTAL SPRINGS, MS (WLBT) -
It was to be their big day, but a Jackson couple says the church where they were planning to wed turned them away because of their race.
Now, the couple wants answers, and the church's pastor is questioning the mindset of some of members of his congregation who caused the problem in the first place.
They had set the date and printed and mailed out all the invitations, but the day before wedding bells were to ring for Charles and Te'Andrea Wilson, they say they got some bad news from the pastor.
"The church congregation had decided no black could be married at that church, and that if he went on to marry her, then they would vote him out the church," said Charles Wilson.

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/19125864/black-wedding-banned-by-baptist-church

Makes you wonder does'nt it? When I first read the story I thought it was one of those joke headlines from The Onion. Much to my dismay it was not.

Seems short sighted of businesses to make statements like that. I can see if someone wanted to make a Charles Manson cake or a B-day cake for Hitler. I suspect the general population would support that. Coming out against gays or blacks or something is risky. Keep your mouth shut or risk the consequences. At least Philips realizes it might cost him his business. Seems kind of stupid to me but what ever.

Reactions: 1 person
Lets see where this happened.
Use the Mississippi river to divide the lower 48 in half on a 'north to south' line.
Now use the Mason/Dixon line..extended all the way to the pacific.
Now we have the country diveded into (roughly) quarters. A ....NE quadrant, a NW quadrant, a SW quadrant, and a " SE " quadrant.
What a surprise, this disgrace happened in the SE quadrant (Mississippi to be exact). Smack dab in the hard core RED State SOUTH !
Should the '48' ever need a Good ENEMA, always insert the Plug in the "SE" quadrant !

Colorado is in the southeast? Where exactly did you go to school, Bears?

This was in Massachusetts: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/12/erica-winchester-mailman-video_n_782864.html

This was in Illinois: http://racismdaily.com/2011/08/05/illinois-man-sues-jiffy-lube-over-racist-anti-semitic-photos/

And here's one from Florida: http://gawker.com/5929692/disney-world-guest-ordered-to-change-his-clothes-because-he-looked-too-much-like-santa-claus?popular=true

It ain't a north/south/red state/blue state thing. Look hard enough, and just about anywhere you'll manage to find trash...

Reactions: 2 people
I believe the implication is that racism is (seems) more prevalent in the South. Even you said "Look hard enough..." Yes if you look hard you'll find it anywhere, just look casually and you are more likely to find it in the South, or at least so it seems. Also, given their history perhaps it is just easier to see.

Reactions: 2 people
Lets see where this happened.
Use the Mississippi river to divide the lower 48 in half on a 'north to south' line.
Now use the Mason/Dixon line..extended all the way to the pacific.
Now we have the country diveded into (roughly) quarters. A ....NE quadrant, a NW quadrant, a SW quadrant, and a " SE " quadrant.
What a surprise, this disgrace happened in the SE quadrant (Mississippi to be exact). Smack dab in the hard core RED State SOUTH !
Should the '48' ever need a Good ENEMA, always insert the Plug in the "SE" quadrant !

Are you a membah?

NEW HAMPSHIRE

East Coast Aryan Brotherhood (ECAB)
Prison gang made up largely of racist skinheads. The New Hampshire State Prisons house several inmates who are active in this gang. Its leader and founder, David Decker, is serving a life sentence for stabbing another inmate to death. Recently, Decker’s influence has faded outside of New Hampshire.

North East White Pride
North East White Pride (NEWP), is a New England-based group of white supremacists that originated as an online forum in October 2003 by founder Rob O’Donovan and Scott Clarke. Utilized by extremists to share racist, anti-Semitic, and anti-immigrant ideology, the Web site has transformed into a real world group comprised of racist skinheads and other white supremacists. Based primarily in Nashua, New Hampshire, NEWP members reside in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont. NEWP members produce their own literature, solicit members (although membership is free), and conduct events and monthly meetings. As a result of some infighting amongst key members of NEWP over the use (or misuse) of NEWP monies by the group’s administrator, select individuals have left the ranks of NEWP, including Scott Clarke. Those individuals, under Scott Clarke, created a splinter group called East Coast White Unity (ECWU) based outside of Boston, Massachusetts.

Unaffiliated Skinheads
January 2007: White supremacist Elijah Wallace of Brentwood, New Hampshire, pleaded guilty in January to mailing threatening hate mail to local police, a rabbi, a pastor, a homeless shelter, a library and a school. On June 14, 2007, Wallace, who has three swastika tattoos, was sentenced to 78 months in federal prison after pleading guilty to those threats. On June 27, 2007, Wallace was sentenced in Rockingham County Superior Court to an additional two to six years for witness tampering due to threats Wallace made to a local rabbi and his family. At the time the local letters were sent by Wallace, he was serving a 33-month sentence in federal prison for mailing anthrax threats to the President of the United States as well as other federal and state officials.

http://www.adl.org/racist_skinheads/skinhead_map.asp

From the what the minister said it was a small minority of the membership that voiced their opposition. To which I say, why did'nt he tell them to pound sand? In a nice Christian way.

Either because he agrees with them or he has no moral character. One who sits idly by while watching to me shares nearly as much guilt of not more. The ignorant whites who voiced their opposition did not know better. The pastor knew it was wrong and did nothing. I have more disdain for him than I do the members.

Reactions: 1 person
Another good reason to defeat Al-Qaida and keep radical Islam in check.

Mali al-Qaida-linked group stones couple to death over alleged adultery

By NBC News staff and wire reports
BAMAKO, Mali -- An al-Qaida-linked Islamist militant group in control of northern Mali stoned to death a couple accused of engaging in extramarital affairs, the group's spokesman said.
The couple were publicly executed in the remote town of Aguelhok, near the vast West African nation's northern border with Algeria, on Sunday, a spokesman for the Ansar Dine group told Reuters.
"These two people were married and had extra-conjugal relations. Our men on the ground in Aguelhok applied shariah (Islamic law)," said Sanda Ould Bounama, reached by telephone on Monday.

"They both died right away and even asked for this application. We don't have to answer to anyone over the application of shariah," he said.
Al-Qaida-linked fighters destroy 'end of the world' gate in Timbuktu
A local government official told the AFP news agency that he was on the scene. "The Islamists took the unmarried couple to the center of Aguelhok. The couple was placed in two holes and the Islamists stoned them to death," he said.
"The woman fainted after the first few blows," he said. The man shouted out once and then was silent, he added.

Coup topples 'incompetent regime': Soldiers seize power in Mali
Most people living in northern Mali have long practiced Islam, but frustrations with the strict form of shariah being imposed by Islamists have sparked several protests in recent months. Ansar Dine and well-armed allies, including al-Qaida splinter group MUJWA, have hijacked a separatist uprising by local Tuareg rebels and now control two-thirds of Mali's desert north, territory that includes the regions of Gao, Kidal and Timbuktu.

NYT: African Afghanistan? Thousands flee Mali as jihadists tighten their grip
Western and African governments are struggling to muster a response to the crisis as politicians in the capital Bamako continue to squabble over how the country should be governed after a March coup removed the country's president.

In the first installment of Rock Center's Hidden Planet series, Richard Engel travels to Mali, on the edge of the Sahara desert, to discover the city of Timbuktu.
NBCNews.com staff contributed to this report from Reuters

Either because he agrees with them or he has no moral character. One who sits idly by while watching to me shares nearly as much guilt of not more. The ignorant whites who voiced their opposition did not know better. The pastor knew it was wrong and did nothing. I have more disdain for him than I do the members.

Easy for you to say from your armchair. In the Baptist church, a minister works directly as an at-will employee, reporting to the church's elected directors and members.

It's the congregation's facility, not his. Holding the wedding when told not to would have been trespassing.

Maybe this would count as a case where civil disobedience should be used, but if you get the wedding party arrested on their wedding day, that's not going to help matters much. The minister was told he would be fired for standing his ground -- he's the one looking for a new job and moving his family, not you. Instead of taking that risk, he stood his ground in a different way that ultimately got the issue, fixed instead of just swept under the carpet.

The issue was addressed thru the right channels. The wedding went on without any use of handcuffs during the ceremony, and the original church took care of what was likely one or two individuals overstepping their authority. No violence, no breaking the law, and no embarrassment to anyone except the church directors who were in the wrong.

Seems short sighted of businesses to make statements like that. I can see if someone wanted to make a Charles Manson cake or a B-day cake for Hitler. I suspect the general population would support that. Coming out against gays or blacks or something is risky. Keep your mouth shut or risk the consequences. At least Philips realizes it might cost him his business. Seems kind of stupid to me but what ever.
Not a fan of the First Amendment, huh?