Who Will Own Who?

FWAAA:

Maybe you are on to something. I was having trouble figuring out why Barbell Acquisition Corp would be wholly owned by US and not HP. Maybe it is for exactly the reason you state. << Speculation Alert >> HP forces the parts of US it wants into Barbell, which it then acquires. What is "left" of US Airways, would be allowed to "die on the vine" so to speak. The only problem with this theory is that, based on the public statements of the company, with the exception of certain aircraft leases already negotiated with GECAS, there is nothing they have public stated they are not taking as part of the merger. In other words, if something was excluded from the merger, it hasn't been noted publicly.

Maybe this is a fancy, legal way, for HP to only acquire the debt they have agreed to? I don't know.

<< End of Speculation >>

700UW said:
It says AWA Stock will be converted to US Airways Stock.
[post="273260"][/post]​

...86% of which will be owned by current AWA stock holders and new equity investors, no matter what name it goes by.

Bronner lost his whole wad $$$ ... this is a LIQUIDATION people.

But go on calling it it what ever makes you feel good. I sense the big guys have been calling it a "merger" for the sake of keeping U employees around long enough just to be ditched when the surviving entitiy no longer needs 'em.. My guess would be about 20%-30% of the current employees will have a job at the new USAir. Don't ACT D'A FOOL!

I may be too cynical, but if this transaction involved ALL of the assets of US, there wouldn't be a need to dump assets into Barbell prior to the merger. Instead, HP and US could simply merge.

quote=usair_begins_with_u,May 26 2005, 02:00 PM]
Bronner lost his whole wad $$$ ... this is a LIQUIDATION people.

But go on calling it it what ever makes you feel good. I sense the big guys have been calling it a "merger" for the sake of keeping U employees around long enough just to be ditched when the surviving entitiy no longer needs 'em.. My guess would be about 20%-30% of the current employees will have a job at the new USAir. Don't ACT D'A FOOL!
[post="273270"][/post]​
[/quote]

One day Chicken Little was walking in the woods when -- KERPLUNK -- an acorn fell on her head
"Oh my goodness!" said Chicken Little. "The sky is falling! I must go and tell the king."

AtlanticBeach said:
She is from Phoenix and will let her wishes be quietly known. Members of SCOTUS have influence, but they use it sparingly and seldom in public.
[post="273208"][/post]​
If you'd like to believe that, go ahead, but the last thing that a leader of the judicial branch wants to do is meddle in an administrative proceeding in the executive branch. Not kosher.

FWAAA said:
I may be too cynical, but if this transaction involved ALL of the assets of US, there wouldn't be a need to dump assets into Barbell prior to the merger. Instead, HP and US could simply merge.
[post="273271"][/post]​
No need to be cynical here. This is a safety valve and means that smart lawyers put this deal together. I suspect that they currently intend to take all the US assets that they have discussed at this point. But the merger will not close today and no one knows what the industry conditions will be when it closes. Likewise, no one knows whether the drawdown in US fleet will have the effect of staunching the current losses. Thus the safety valve -- if conditions change, they just put fewer assets into Barball and leave the rest in US to be liquidated in bankruptcy.

whatkindoffreshhell said:
The new holding company and airline name is USAIR.

America West is the acquirer.

You conspiracy theorists find a villain everywhere. My gawd relax.
[post="273207"][/post]​

Wrong!!!! Nobody is acguiring anybody. A holding company has brought together several different finance venues to MERGE the 2 airlines together. There is NO acquisition of anybody from anybody. That is a fact. The USA Today does not know what it is talking about.

Twicebaked said:
Wrong!!!! Nobody is acguiring anybody. A holding company has brought together several different finance venues to MERGE the 2 airlines together. There is NO acquisition of anybody from anybody. That is a fact. The USA Today does not know what it is talking about.
[post="273339"][/post]​

Read the merger agreement. HP is merging with a subsidiary of US and HP will be the surviving corporation, albeit with a new name (US Airways Group). In practical terms, HP is acquiring certain assets of US.

FWAAA said:
Read the merger agreement. HP is merging with a subsidiary of US and HP will be the surviving corporation, albeit with a new name (US Airways Group). In practical terms, HP is acquiring certain assets of US.
[post="273350"][/post]​

Xactally the way I see it. They (HP) or who ever. will keep what they want, and the rest will be sold or traded for whatever...OH...and BTW...the IAM...they may stay..But they will have to live(or Die) with the HP contract. Good Luck to all, you all are going to need it. :up: :up: :up:

Which is why everyone is going to need to stratch and bite for every bit of seniority they can. I have a feeling there's not going to much left of U when the dust settles. Sounds like, smells like . . . . . . . TWA???

Lets see... How much money is HP spending to purchase those assets??????? This is a true merger . HP dint spend a whole lot of monies! The investors did!

Winglet said:
Which is why everyone is going to need to stratch and bite for every bit of seniority they can. I have a feeling there's not going to much left of U when the dust settles. Sounds like, smells like . . . . . . . TWA???
[post="273360"][/post]​

Man oh man. Why don't you naysayers just take a tub of valium and chill out. Speculate all you want because no one really has any idea how this is ultimately going to play out.

It's hardly worth the bandwith to respond to all the drivel being spilled by posters who are irrelevant to anything regarding the US/AW transaction. What kind of people are you anyway? Pretty shallow as I surmise from your mean spirited postings.

No one knows. An arbitrator will rule ultimately on the ALPA Pilots seniority list integration. Still way down the road. Collect merger assessment monies, hire the best counsel you can. At the end of the day the only one delighted will be NUMBER 1 on the merged list.

Interesting that most of the blivet launchers posting here don't even work for the merger airlines.......

Latest posts