Why do you like/prefer AA?

ronaldl79

Feb 14, 2006
Denver, Colorado
ronaldlewis.com
I'll start (in no particular order) ...

1. 90% of my outstanding FF miles are with AA
2. I love the MD-80
3. Network (convenience and flexibility)
4. Staff courtesy and attitude
5. The "AA experience" -- its livery, interior, uniforms, etc. -- it's "unique"
6. 100% success rate at AA.com with self-booking
7. YYC's generosity
8. Watching all of the AA planes at DFW (priceless)
9. Many pilots are open to great conversation

Of course, AA isn't perfect -- no business is. I've had my share of delays, equipment failures, plane swaps, etc., but at the end of the day, I'll fly AA whenever possible.

NOTHING, AA SUCKS. Just look how they treat the employees.....and RETIREES

2. I love the MD-80
7. YYC's generosity

Of course, AA isn't perfect -- no business is. I've had my share of delays, equipment failures, plane swaps, etc., but at the end of the day, I'll fly AA whenever possible.

I work here so the fact that they pay my salary makes me a bit biased. For the most part I like the people who I have worked with. I have friends who I have known for nearly 20 years since I started out with AA.

I don’t think you will get what you are looking for (case in point see the post above) since most of the folks who frequent this board are employees of one airline or another. I cannot evaluate AA the way I would evaluate the service of say my car dealer or such.

As someone who helps pay my salary, I am glad that you have had a good experience with AA and I hope that trend continues.

Our dirty laundry is not something you need to be concerned about.

2. I love the MD-80
7. YYC's generosity

You love the MD-80? lol I would at least say I love FC in the 777. Or my personal favorite, the TWA 757.

Two or three years ago, you might have had a few more customers around to respond. They got eventually tired of all the infighting and returned to FlyerTalk and other venues where customers outnumber employees 10 to 1.

I'm a customer now, but equally biased as a former employee.

All of my FF miles are on AA, they are the only carrier where I live that has nonstops to Chicago (where most of my family is), and the Admirals Club makes all the other hassles associated with AA worthwhile.

But the MD80?... Please. Give me a 737 anyday on a narrowbody, and the 777 internationally. Our company prefers booking on Delta, but given a choice between a 767 and the 777, I'll go out of my way to fly on AA.

I know you're looking for customer's opinions, but I'm throwing my .02 out there anyway.... :)

I like AA for 2 reasons: First my cousin works there (and I'm at NW), so it makes for interesting shop talk when I get back home to see her.

Second, they've always been very nice/helpful/accomodating to me when non-revving.

Two or three years ago, you might have had a few more customers around to respond. They got eventually tired of all the infighting and returned to FlyerTalk and other venues where customers outnumber employees 10 to 1.

I'm a customer now, but equally biased as a former employee.

All of my FF miles are on AA, they are the only carrier where I live that has nonstops to Chicago (where most of my family is), and the Admirals Club makes all the other hassles associated with AA worthwhile.

But the MD80?... Please. Give me a 737 anyday on a narrowbody, and the 777 internationally. Our company prefers booking on Delta, but given a choice between a 767 and the 777, I'll go out of my way to fly on AA.

I'd forgotten the 767. Out of FRA, I liked the 767 (in FC) better than the 777. More "old school".

Strangely enough, what I really miss is the MD-11. It was a pain operationally, but the higher ceilings made LGW-DFW somewhat more tolerable due to feeling less closed in (another reason I avoid the 767 if options for the 777 exist). Oddly, I don't like traveling on the 747 as much. Wider body, but it feels like it has lower ceilings than the 777 or MD11.

Strangely enough, what I really miss is the MD-11. It was a pain operationally, but the higher ceilings made LGW-DFW somewhat more tolerable due to feeling less closed in (another reason I avoid the 767 if options for the 777 exist). Oddly, I don't like traveling on the 747 as much. Wider body, but it feels like it has lower ceilings than the 777 or MD11.

I hated the 747! It felt so big and lumbering. And "back in the day" when they first came out, and we wore mini-dresses, we had to wear bloomers because of the upper deck stairs. The f/c pax would get off the plane with cricks in their necks. Also, everything was so high in the galley and storage bins. I used to have nightmares about evacuating the upper deck. Either you would have to go down a 3 story slide or climb out of the hatch in the cockpit and JUMP using an inertia reel. SURE.........Fun memories though.

While it was a disapointment operationally you have to admit it was a good looking aircraft.

While it was a disapointment operationally you have to admit it was a good looking aircraft.

Not only good looking, but AA's MD-11 coach configuration was a whopping 34 inches of pitch - MRTC almost a decade before its time. Coach was tolerable on that airplane.

I've worked for other carriers and have a familyh member with almost 40 years at AA. I now fly on business occasionally and also travel for personal reasons (more often than business). My company puts me on UA typically with AA spliced in there occasionally. For me, AA just seems to have a "cleaner" experience overall. The boarding process, the look of the terminal, the interiors, the staff on the plane. It all looks more professional. UA has certain nice parts, but their interiors like like they've been around the block a few times. Delta is getting better, but just doesn't have the staff professionalism AA has. I don't fly CO often (almst never) but would if I could...I find them equal or better than AA.

Not only good looking, but AA's MD-11 coach configuration was a whopping 34 inches of pitch - MRTC almost a decade before its time. Coach was tolerable on that airplane.
Also the first class seats blew away the seats we have these days. :up:

Also the first class seats blew away the seats we have these days.
Amen, brothers, amen - truer words were never posted. The MD-11 was awesome for its day!

And I still prefer the 2-seat port side of a MadDog in Coach over a 737. As PLT, I can usually score an exit row while hoping for an UG. My IFE is always reading so I don't miss electronics.

Latest posts