Why WN is on top--it's not just the hedges!

mga707

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
I will be sending a letter to Gary Kelly later today (a REAL letter--not an email!) to commend and compliment not one, but TWO cabin crews on two different flight segments I had this week.
The first was a DAL-based "senior mama" group on WN8, DAL-LIT-MDW, on the 15th. These three ladies, who each probably had at least 30 years seniority, kept a full boat (on both legs) happy and satisfied, making for a very enjoyable flight. When relaying my experience to friends in Chicago who do not regularily fly WN, they were pretty much uncomprehending: "But FA's are always so grumpy!"
The second group was yesterday (16th) on WN2290, MDW-TUS. These two young ladies, Carmen and Stephanie, LAS-based, were even more amazing, especially since one was on reserve and the other was still in her probationary period! As it is a fairly long flight, and wasn't full (about 95 pax), they had plenty of time to shine.
They set up an impromptu 'wine tasting' in the rear galley, and invited those of us who weren't asleep or otherwise occupied to come to the back for a little party! We sampled the wines, had some snacks and some conversation, toasted Herb and Colleen's retirement, and had a good time. Later I observed Carmen walking a toddler up and down the aisle. I'm sure the mother was happy to have some rest.
These two flights are why I'll go out of my way to fly Southwest!

Though I wasn't on those particular flights, I commute to work on WN as often as possible. I've seen similar actions and behaviors from the f/as on just about every flight I've taken with them. And, I have NEVER seen a "grumpy" f/a on WN.

I remember one night on an STL-DAL flight that left STL after 2100. The junior member of the crew had 27 years. They were incredible.

Amazing the productivity you can get from employees who feel they are being treated fairly by their employer, isn't it? :shock:

Back