Will AA kill the maint. and F/A bases too? In St. Louis

How,many flights a day does Tule have ?
Not a lot but then again it never really did.

What Tulsa has going for it is low cost of living, a friendly business environment, established support businesses, A&P schools funneling new mechanics to the airline, central location in the United States, excellent location to an airport, and size of the maintenance facility.

I would say the only thing it really has going against it is cost of American labor.

Not a lot but then again it never really did.

What Tulsa has going for it is low cost of living, a friendly business environment, established support businesses, A&P schools funneling new mechanics to the airline, central location in the United States, excellent location to an airport, and size of the maintenance facility.

I would say the only thing it really has going against it is cost of American labor.
If this tax overhaul bill passes and becomes law lowering corporate tax rates to 20% from 35%, might be able to justify the American labor, cost and maybe it doesn't make hangar complexes built in Brazil, a super cost advantage.

If this tax overhaul bill passes and becomes law lowering corporate tax rates to 20% from 35%, might be able to justify the American labor, cost and maybe it doesn't make hangar complexes built in Brazil, a super cost advantage.
That and...... American wages have been stagnant for a long time. How much buying power has an American Airlines employee lost over the last 30 years?

That and...... American wages have been stagnant for a long time. How much buying power has an American Airlines employee lost over the last 30 years?
The problem is we can get a raise through a new contract, or a rax cut, but our health care cost just eat it.

The problem is we can get a raise through a new contract, or a rax cut, but our health care cost just eat it.

Insurance is what screwed healthcare costs in this country to begin with.

Now instead of hospitals charging a reasonable price for thier services we have the proverbial $200 dollar aspirin because they are targeting insurance "pools".

Having government step in with a taxpayer "pool" to draw from is not going to fix the problem of healthcare cost.

The only real way to return to sane levels of cost in healthcare is to remove socialization from the scene (insurance companies, government). However now the genie is out of the bottle and there is too much money changing hands so that will never happen.

Health Insurance Pools (soon to be tax payer pools if the leftist have their way) are the biggest scam ever propagated on the American people.

Having the government take over your healthcare is not going to lower the cost burden. In fact they will continue to raise taxes while slashing budgets. If people did research they would find that all these "single payer" healthcare systems have done exactly that. However, people are intellectually lazy and would rather believe the leftist propaganda than to take a look at the situation of already existing single payer systems.

The government does what it always does. It comes up with ridiculous regulations to drive up costs then after it implodes they come in with the "fix" which, we all know, never works. It only drives up taxes and gives them more control over our lives.

Does this
Stack-of-Paper-Regulations-AP-640x480.jpg

seem reasonable to you?

What you are looking at is Obamacare regulations. Designed to "help" American citizens. :rolleyes:

In short I know healthcare costs eat your raises. It's supposed to. That is by design.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1AA
Insurance is what screwed healthcare costs in this company to begin with.

Now instead of hospitals charging a reasonable price for thier services we have the proverbial $200 dollar aspirin because they are targeting insurance "pools".

Having government step in with a taxpayer "pool" to draw from is not going to fix the problem of healthcare cost.

The only real way to return to sane levels of cost in healthcare is to remove socialization from the scene (insurance companies, government). However now the genie is out of the bottle and there is too much money changing hands so that will never happen.

Health Insurance Pools (soon to be tax payer pools if the leftist have their way) are the biggest scam ever propagated on the American people.

Having the government take over your healthcare is not going to lower the cost burden. In fact they will continue to raise taxes while slashing budgets. If people did research they would find that all these "single payer" healthcare systems have done exactly that. However, people are intellectually lazy and would rather believe the leftist propaganda than to take a look at the situation of already existing single payer systems.

The government does what it always does. It comes up with ridiculous regulations to drive up costs then after it implodes they come in with the "fix" which, we all know, never works. It only drives up taxes and gives them more control over our lives.

Does this
Stack-of-Paper-Regulations-AP-640x480.jpg

seem reasonable to you?

What you are looking at is Obamacare regulations. Designed to "help" American citizens. :rolleyes:

In short I know healthcare costs eat your raises. It's supposed to. That is by design.
I agree I have been a union member since 1989, but I am a moderate conservative, never have liked liberal agendas. In fact I remember the unions saying Obama care would kill union health plans, I remember reading articles put out by all the unions that were against it.