Will AA sit this one out?

Yes I do. I know exactly what his argument is. I also know it would probably upset a lot of other twaers if he won because it could mean someone (a twaer) with 25 years in STL would be placed ahead of a 40 year twaer in MIA or any other 4/10/01 city. It would also mean that if a 40 year twaer from a 4/10 /01 city went to STL, he/she would be below a 30 year twaer. It's strange that no one seems to have a problem with the fact that when a twaer goes to STL from a 25% or 4/10/01 station he/she gets all their twa seniority back but when they go to a 25% or 4/10/01 city from STL and lose their twa seniority, they complain.
<_< ---- Let's see what happens aa! Jan.11, is the next significant date! "If" this go's in favor of the exTWAers, in a RIF situation at STL, all those currant FSC's could be looking for that school bus! And from those I've talked to, they like the warm weather of Florida!!! :p

Recently I purchased a ticket on NW for ~$135 (including taxes & fees) for DCA-DTW-DCA. Now when I drive it costs me ~$125 (gasoline and tolls). Once there is no more money to take from employees, how much profits is NW going to make?

You might want to apply that to the AIRLINE INDUSTRY.

Your answer: when airlines start to shut down FOR GOOD and you will be forced to "drive"...at least from small towns.

ALL airline employees have subsidizing Joe Public's cheap fares for decades. There will be a price to pay down the road.

You might want to apply that to the AIRLINE INDUSTRY.

Not necessarily. SWA flies BWI-DTW-BWI and their lowest available fare (for the dates I wanted) was higher than NW fare from DCA-DTW-DCA!!! For comparison, a fare on AA (connecting in ORD) was ~$300-350.

ALL airline employees have subsidizing Joe Public's cheap fares for decades. There will be a price to pay down the road.

Lets not get carried away, you very well know that if it wasn't for Joe Public there would be no airline job(s).

The main point of my post was to dispute the statement that AA should fear NW once they exit Chpt.11 NW will not be a force to be reckoned with, especially if they have to price/sell their tickets cheaper than it costs to drive.

Lets not get carried away, you very well know that if it wasn't for Joe Public there would be no airline job(s).

Joe Public has been peeling the skin, off a dying carcass ( aka the airline industry ) , for years now. As far as I'm concerned the US should allow foreign investments in US carriers over the 49% limit. US lawmakers prefer a company stay in bankruptcy long enough to strip the workers of over thirty years of labor contracts. Then that same company is rallied by Wall Street, and Joe Public. Every Congressman wants a international airport in their back yard, just as long as Joe Public can fly for free or as close to free as possible.

There sould be one airline, AAeroflot, and all airline employees, called civil servants.

Let the mergers begin.

Latest posts