Will It Be Pit Ornstein Speaks Of?

Light Years and Colby thanks for seeing my point of view!! Is Stevie still cracking the whip in PHL??Cape Cod I am sure there is a % of Mesa F/A's that are professional and like Light Years pointed out Mainline F/A's can read IDs especially if we see something so bizarre walking thru the terminal and we can't even wear 2 earrings in each ear.I think that Mesa did allow mainline F/A's come over there without giving away recall rights to mainline, so that may be the professional ones you are working with. I apologize if I offended anyone, but I'm just stating the facts. Light Years, I'm just a Euro Cabin Crew wannabe..hahaha.

Light Years wrote:

"Mainline flight attendants are the same way. There are currently roughly 5000 of us on furlough and 5000 active. THATS HALF"

I am very sorry to see the large numbers of Mainline pilots that have been furloughed. That said, this is not the fault of the frontline employees of the WO's or the contract carriers. It is a result of your CEO. Nothing else. If you have a problem with that take it out on him not us. Were just doing our jobs.

First you say "Cape, I have no doubt in my mind that you are an excellent pilot and take great pride in what you do." Then you say "Most of its been replaced by contract companies with employees who DONT have any pride."

I know you mainline FA are wicked smart but how can I take great pride in what I do and at the same time have no pride?

"They don't care about our company, its success, our image, or apparently even their own."

1. This statement couldn't be any further from the truth. I where a US Airways uniform, fly a plane that is painted on U colors, I thank the pax for flying US Airways/Express on every other flight and most of the passengers think of me as a Uex pilot. I have great pride in how I do my job, that it is on time and as comfortable for the people as possible. I get to and from work on U mainline every day. I feel much closer to U and their employees then anyother airline Mesa fly's for. My paycheck say Mesa but I have a lot of pride in the job I do for US Airways.

2. Mesa employees are smarter then the "trailer trash" that you think we are. We understand that much of our future is tied to the success of US Airways. If U goes under and we do 40% of our flying for U, what do you think happens to us. We also take a major hit. If U grows and prospers, it creates job security for us as well as for the WO and ML employees. From just a business and economic stand point, there are many incentives for the contract carriers to put out a good product and do everything we can to help U become a successful airline again.

"I hope Johnny O takes all of his brokedown RJS and hubs them somewhere else. "

You can wish all you want but the fact is that Mesa has a contract with U that ends in like 2012. Mesa is going nowhere as long as there is a U to fly for. I personally hope to see Mesa's PHL and CLT CRJ operations improve in every area in the next year and I will do everything in my power to see that happen. That's all I can do as a pilot. (maybe you can do something about the gate agents and especially the ramp in PHL :D (ALG), that would be a real help!!) I wish you luck in the job search and my apologizes on the furlough (I was furloughed all of last yr so I know how you are feeling) -Cape

:ph34r:

As stated by Cape Cod.........Could your tongue be any further up mainlines a$$.

My reply..........Why YES! I can actually tickle their tonsils with my tongue from behind!! How's that for talent?!?!

Cape,

I am on a US/USe flight every day of the week. I spend more time with you guys than I do with my own family. I have preferences as to who I spend my time with too. Of course I would prefer to fly MAINLINE more often, but that's not happening anymore at PIT. So if I do have to be on an express flight I hope it's a PSA, ALG or PDT (sp?) aircraft versus a MESA. Why you may ask?? Again it's preference. Although MESA seems to be the express carrier of choice for RJ's and I would take an RJ over a DASH or Dornier anyday. Until MDA starts flying I am stuck with you too.

And as for calling myself a racist or ethocentrist. I think it's better to be upfront and honest than you lie to your face about my intentions. Don't you think? You'll always know where I stand.

"And as for calling myself a racist or ethocentrist. I think it's better to be upfront and honest than you lie to your face about my intentions. Don't you think? You'll always know where I stand."

If your a racist, up front or under the table, you and I have nothing else to talk about. I look forward to you flying on someone else. We don't need your type.
-Cape :down:

Capecod said:
OldpropGuy said:
Yes, as has been pointed out in the past, sometimes you do get what you pay for! Apparently this is an acceptable level of service to US Airways management.

Repeat after me: Cheap is good.........Cheap is good.......
The problem here is that Mesa has better on time and total completion numbers then the better paid groups at places like ACA and ASA. We also have better numbers then the equally poorly paid AM Eagle and PSA (yes, better then one of the great WO's and the only one that "Dave" has decided to grow.)

Mesa has it's operational problems, and will until they start adding infrastructure and until Siegel lets us have a few spare aircraft. They thing is so do most regionals. I would love to see ALG, PDT or for that matter mainline numbers with Zero spare aircraft in the whole system. -Cape
Cape,

I didn't even bring up the dismal performance numbers for MESA, you did! Again, sometime you get what you pay for!

We were discussing the non-professional appearance and actions of the MESA work group. I too have seen the mismatched FA uniforms, pilots looking very unprofessional and heard the pitiful announcements from the front and back. It's amazing to see how low US Airways has stooped.

It also seems that hats must be optional for your pilots. Most of your guys around CLT don't wear them. Not too long ago it was standard practice to get three days off with no pay at one of the WO's, if caught not wearing a hat! Also, don't get caught with your jacket unbuttoned. Have things gone down hill? You bet.

The one MESA Captain that sticks in my mind is the guy wearing a London Fog type all weather coat this past winter, which was just a little too small, as it only went just below his hips. He was wearing his epaulets on it, on the outside, with no jacket underneath. Now that looked really good as he wandered up and down the concourse. So much for "Impressions of Excellence." Have you ever heard of that?

Remember the only reason Mesa is here is because you are cheaper than anyone else! :shock:

Now for the management mantra, repeat after me: Cheap is good..........Cheap is good..........

I am with all of you, on sunday at PHL I saw a MESA FA with four earings in ONE ear, ohh and heres the kicker, it was a MALE FA! What a disgrace it is to see our mainline system eroded by our own managment. I suppose I can dream for the day of say 600 Mainline Aircraft but I know that this will never happen when we have a managment with no vision.

Hopefully one day such a team will come but until then It is up to us to keep the professional image present, and keep our pax on mainline metal. I continue to be proud of the employees of U, and even the USE WOs. I know our pax are as well. We must continue the fight. Short term wise, I DO NOT hesitate to comment to the contracted employees wearing our uniform if they do not wear it right, I would encourage all of you to do so as well.

Cape, I realize that you take great pride in your job and your company, I will say that USE pilots have put forth a professional appearence with nearly each of my encounters.

Another company to look out for is Shuttle America, I recently saw one, who just happened to be grossly overweight, in an exit row on a full 319. Upon push-back she released her seatbelt which remained un-fastened for the duration of the flight, AND SHE WAS IN UNIFORM!!

AKA_64, Im with you, there are some jobs that should not be done if you cannot speak english clearly, MY family had to learn english when comming here in 1911, so can all of the recent immigrants! We are a professional airline, and those wearing our uniform should strive to exibit the professionalism displayed by Mainline ( btw, I know there are problems here too but that is for another post ).

To everyone, ML & EXP , If our managment does not wish to be the global carrier of choice, it is incumbent upon the employees to do so, keep up the great work and I will see all of you on the line.

Capecod said:
"And as for calling myself a racist or ethocentrist. I think it's better to be upfront and honest than you lie to your face about my intentions. Don't you think? You'll always know where I stand."

If your a racist, up front or under the table, you and I have nothing else to talk about. I look forward to you flying on someone else. We don't need your type.
-Cape :down:
Sweetpea I too look forward to the day I don't have to fly on any MESA plane.

But just remember I can spread my money around a lot faster and fly other airlines than you can keep PAX on MESA.

And you keep saying you don't need my type. Guess what? You and US need all of my "types" or you're not flying.

Think about it. :up:

CapeCod is just happy to be back flying after sitting around for 2 years as Mesa bought his CCAir and put its pilots and FA's on furlough until now. Mesa is just the greatest thing on earth to him right now. In due time he will figure out how screwed up they are. How many J4J guy's are staying on after their year is up? Like he says, Mesa will be on the property until like 2012 because Dave and Jonhny O have an agreement to kill all other contractors and 2 of the wholly owneds by then.