Will UA and U merge in CH11?

I cannot imagine why the atsb would let an airline
the size of UA go bankrupt. It appears to me that
somehow the ceo's are trying to use the bk excuse
to rid themselves of employee ownership....
and to lower the wages of all the employees.

Yes, we are in difficult situations but perhaps the
government could actually HELP these companies rather
than destroying them.

It is odd that UA is following the exact path that U
took, in every way....like it is a scenario that is
already planned out with atsb help.

I think the big shareholders at UA should start a
law suit against your ceo/board etc, claiming
corporate malfeasance.

any thoughts???

[BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/5/2002 11:36:29 PM chipmunn wrote: [BR][BR]DCAFlyer:[BR][BR]DCAflyer said: Even so, by the time a potential merger would happen, U will already be out of restructuring and have its hands on the ATSB guaranteed loan funds, which could go a long way toward funding a merger or corporate transaction. [BR][BR]Chip comments: DCAFlyer, your comment is accurate. Today US' reorganization received a major "shot in the arm" with the new RSA DIP Financing and Equity Investor agreements. In addition, it is expected that US will solve two other major problems, e.g. solving the pension problem and gaining new concessionaire accords with its unions.[BR][BR][STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman"]Both of which are coming at gun point except for ALPA who is swallowing daves waste.[/FONT][/STRONG][BR][BR]Tonight Rueters reported Bronner was confident US Airways would submit its plan of reorganization to the bankruptcy court within about two weeks. But the airline first needs to secure more concessions and solve issues with its underfunded pension, which it has said will require $3.1 billion in contributions from 2003 to 2009. "I think we're there," Bronner said. "I really think if we can solve ... the pension problem, and we get the work rules changed, we can have our plan in court on or about the 20th of December." [BR][BR][STRONG]"[FONT face="Times New Roman"]What we're trying to do is legally obtain guardianship of the first born children of all US Airways employees so if the employees do not make concessions we can legally sell the children into slavery."[/FONT][/STRONG][BR][BR]After filing its bankruptcy petition UA will have a 120- day exclusive period for filing a Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization (POR), which would expire in April. I'm sure this will keep Kirkland & Ellis busy during the winter months.[BR][BR]However, one news media report said analysts say UAL will need a large DIP commitment because its time in court is likely to be lengthy. The airline will undoubtedly need wage concessions much more severe than those it has struggled to extract from labor in recent months, and the lost ownership position is likely to leave workers in no mood to negotiate. [BR][BR]With RSA now in control of US board of directors, Rono Dutta a consultant to both RSA and UA, and US planning a March 2003 emergence, US would be in position to buy UA or its assets, if the companies decide to integrate before UA's POR exclusivity period ends. In addition, with the UA ESOP likely to be eliminated along with the UA employees removed from the board of directors, previous impediments to any corporate combination will likely be eliminated in a bankruptcy proceeding. [BR][BR][STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]Tell me chip, exactly how much of UALdo you really think the 800 million from the ATSB can buy?[BR][/FONT][/STRONG][BR][STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]Do you think the other airlines will sit idly by as U cherry picks UAL?[BR][/FONT][/STRONG][BR][STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]AMR, NWAC and Delta may have some ideas of their own regarding UAL assets.Which bythe way I seriously doubt they will sell to us.What WOULD Delta or NWAC pay for LHR access? More than what we'll have from the atsb loan, rest assured.[BR][/FONT][/STRONG][BR][STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]You think AMR wouldnt make a deal with the devil himself if they could get their mitts on the narita operation?I find it hypocritical that we get offended when people try to figure out who gets what when WE sell assets, but here WE sit talking about buying UAL assets?We have a hell of a long road ahead of us(One I aint too sure well see the end of ) and getting involved with any kind of interesting corporate bs with UAL shouldnt even be on the radar right now.[/FONT][/STRONG][BR]Chip ----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][/BLOCKQUOTE]

[BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/5/2002 11:36:29 PM chipmunn wrote: [BR][BR]DCAFlyer:[BR][BR]DCAflyer said: Even so, by the time a potential merger would happen, U will already be out of restructuring and have its hands on the ATSB guaranteed loan funds, which could go a long way toward funding a merger or corporate transaction. [BR][BR]Chip comments: DCAFlyer, your comment is accurate. Today US' reorganization received a major "shot in the arm" with the new RSA DIP Financing and Equity Investor agreements. In addition, it is expected that US will solve two other major problems, e.g. solving the pension problem and gaining new concessionaire accords with its unions.[BR][BR][STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman"]Both of which are coming at gun point except for ALPA who is swallowing daves waste.[/FONT][/STRONG][BR][BR]Tonight Rueters reported Bronner was confident US Airways would submit its plan of reorganization to the bankruptcy court within about two weeks. But the airline first needs to secure more concessions and solve issues with its underfunded pension, which it has said will require $3.1 billion in contributions from 2003 to 2009. "I think we're there," Bronner said. "I really think if we can solve ... the pension problem, and we get the work rules changed, we can have our plan in court on or about the 20th of December." [BR][BR][STRONG]"[FONT face="Times New Roman"]What we're trying to do is legally obtain guardianship of the first born children of all US Airways employees so if the employees do not make concessions we can legally sell the children into slavery."[/FONT][/STRONG][BR][BR]After filing its bankruptcy petition UA will have a 120- day exclusive period for filing a Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization (POR), which would expire in April. I'm sure this will keep Kirkland & Ellis busy during the winter months.[BR][BR]However, one news media report said analysts say UAL will need a large DIP commitment because its time in court is likely to be lengthy. The airline will undoubtedly need wage concessions much more severe than those it has struggled to extract from labor in recent months, and the lost ownership position is likely to leave workers in no mood to negotiate. [BR][BR]With RSA now in control of US board of directors, Rono Dutta a consultant to both RSA and UA, and US planning a March 2003 emergence, US would be in position to buy UA or its assets, if the companies decide to integrate before UA's POR exclusivity period ends. In addition, with the UA ESOP likely to be eliminated along with the UA employees removed from the board of directors, previous impediments to any corporate combination will likely be eliminated in a bankruptcy proceeding. [BR][BR][STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]Tell me chip, exactly how much of UALdo you really think the 800 million from the ATSB can buy?[BR][/FONT][/STRONG][BR][STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]Do you think the other airlines will sit idly by as U cherry picks UAL?[BR][/FONT][/STRONG][BR][STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]AMR, NWAC and Delta may have some ideas of their own regarding UAL assets.Which bythe way I seriously doubt they will sell to us.What WOULD Delta or NWAC pay for LHR access? More than what we'll have from the atsb loan, rest assured.[BR][/FONT][/STRONG][BR][STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]You think AMR wouldnt make a deal with the devil himself if they could get their mitts on the narita operation?I find it hypocritical that we get offended when people try to figure out who gets what when WE sell assets, but here WE sit talking about buying UAL assets?We have a hell of a long road ahead of us(One I aint too sure well see the end of ) and getting involved with any kind of interesting corporate bs with UAL shouldnt even be on the radar right now.[/FONT][/STRONG][BR]Chip ----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][/BLOCKQUOTE]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/5/2002 10:33:11 PM DCAflyer wrote:[BR]There is no reason why the bankruptcy courts would give a flying cr@p whether or not two bankrupt companies merge. Even so, by the time a potential merger would happen, U will already be out of restructuring and have its hands on the ATSB guaranteed loan funds, which could go a long way toward funding a merger or corporate transaction. But there is no doubt that the groundwork could be laid while U is still in bankruptcy.[BR][BR]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P] [STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]YGBSM![BR] You've taken chips ramblings to heart havent you?[BR] You think the courts might not mind, what about the creditors? Hello? Judges tend to pay attention to them.[BR]U already out of restructuring? ASSuming a lot arent you?[BR]RSA controls the board..anyone else bothered by that?[BR]U's tentative loan is $800 million, doesnt UAL owe $875 million right now?Yeah that $800 million will go far.[BR]I'm sure the UAL crew will willingly let RSA run their board too not to mention diddle with their pensions.[BR]Lay the groundwork in bankruptcy? Unreal.[BR]Lets get U OUT of bankruptcy before you merge them with UAL okay?[/FONT][/STRONG][/P]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/5/2002 10:33:11 PM DCAflyer wrote:[BR]There is no reason why the bankruptcy courts would give a flying cr@p whether or not two bankrupt companies merge. Even so, by the time a potential merger would happen, U will already be out of restructuring and have its hands on the ATSB guaranteed loan funds, which could go a long way toward funding a merger or corporate transaction. But there is no doubt that the groundwork could be laid while U is still in bankruptcy.[BR][BR]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P] [STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]YGBSM![BR] You've taken chips ramblings to heart havent you?[BR] You think the courts might not mind, what about the creditors? Hello? Judges tend to pay attention to them.[BR]U already out of restructuring? ASSuming a lot arent you?[BR]RSA controls the board..anyone else bothered by that?[BR]U's tentative loan is $800 million, doesnt UAL owe $875 million right now?Yeah that $800 million will go far.[BR]I'm sure the UAL crew will willingly let RSA run their board too not to mention diddle with their pensions.[BR]Lay the groundwork in bankruptcy? Unreal.[BR]Lets get U OUT of bankruptcy before you merge them with UAL okay?[/FONT][/STRONG][/P]

my friend,bankruptcy courts 24/7....our beloved dave siegel filed on a sunday morn.[BR]you guys rumor a UAL and U merger in BK....may be a pipe dream....first you have to make a whole load of creditors VERY VERY happy .debt just doesn't disappear.good luck!

my friend,bankruptcy courts 24/7....our beloved dave siegel filed on a sunday morn.[BR]you guys rumor a UAL and U merger in BK....may be a pipe dream....first you have to make a whole load of creditors VERY VERY happy .debt just doesn't disappear.good luck!

Hey Chicago, do you here the sounds of "Dueling Banjos"? You better run, 'cause Alabama is comin' to git ya! Squell like a pig! Weeeeeel Weeeeel! You are going to wish that the merger went through a couple of years ago. Seniority is now a side issue. They (Alabama) likes your boots. I am convinced that management is holding a grudge and now it is "pay back time"! Forgive me for making light of the situation, however, who knows what will happen? Heck, I no longer do revisions. My mind is no longer in the industry 23 days and counting.

Hey Chicago, do you here the sounds of "Dueling Banjos"? You better run, 'cause Alabama is comin' to git ya! Squell like a pig! Weeeeeel Weeeeel! You are going to wish that the merger went through a couple of years ago. Seniority is now a side issue. They (Alabama) likes your boots. I am convinced that management is holding a grudge and now it is "pay back time"! Forgive me for making light of the situation, however, who knows what will happen? Heck, I no longer do revisions. My mind is no longer in the industry 23 days and counting.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/5/2002 11:19:56 PM olivia wrote:
[P]I cannot imagine why the atsb would let an airline[BR]the size of UA go bankrupt. It appears to me that[BR]somehow the ceo's are trying to use the bk excuse [BR]to rid themselves of employee ownership....[BR]and to lower the wages of all the employees.[BR][BR]Yes, we are in difficult situations but perhaps the[BR]government could actually HELP these companies rather[BR]than destroying them. [BR][BR]It is odd that UA is following the exact path that U[BR]took, in every way....like it is a scenario that is[BR]already planned out with atsb help. [BR][BR]I think the big shareholders at UA should start a [BR]law suit against your ceo/board etc, claiming[BR]corporate malfeasance.[BR][BR]any thoughts??? [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]hows about the good 'ol harsh reality every american with a credit card experiences sooner or later....."i've spent more than i make".do we have a corporate conspiracy theory here?study the US government for a good example how to run a country or an airline.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/5/2002 11:19:56 PM olivia wrote:
[P]I cannot imagine why the atsb would let an airline[BR]the size of UA go bankrupt. It appears to me that[BR]somehow the ceo's are trying to use the bk excuse [BR]to rid themselves of employee ownership....[BR]and to lower the wages of all the employees.[BR][BR]Yes, we are in difficult situations but perhaps the[BR]government could actually HELP these companies rather[BR]than destroying them. [BR][BR]It is odd that UA is following the exact path that U[BR]took, in every way....like it is a scenario that is[BR]already planned out with atsb help. [BR][BR]I think the big shareholders at UA should start a [BR]law suit against your ceo/board etc, claiming[BR]corporate malfeasance.[BR][BR]any thoughts??? [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]hows about the good 'ol harsh reality every american with a credit card experiences sooner or later....."i've spent more than i make".do we have a corporate conspiracy theory here?study the US government for a good example how to run a country or an airline.

If a US & UA transaction occurred after US's emergence, the OMB guidelines permit both loan guarantees or $3 billion to be used for a transaction.

In addition, with RSA in agreement to control the US board upon emergence, the asset rich pension fund has $25 billion to fund a corporate transaction.

Chip

If a US & UA transaction occurred after US's emergence, the OMB guidelines permit both loan guarantees or $3 billion to be used for a transaction.

In addition, with RSA in agreement to control the US board upon emergence, the asset rich pension fund has $25 billion to fund a corporate transaction.

Chip

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/6/2002 12:36:10 AM ForkTime2002 wrote:

[STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]Tell me chip, exactly how much of UALdo you really think the 800 million from the ATSB can buy?
[/FONT][/STRONG]
[STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]Do you think the other airlines will sit idly by as U cherry picks UAL?
[/FONT][/STRONG]
[STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]AMR, NWAC and Delta may have some ideas of their own regarding UAL assets.Which bythe way I seriously doubt they will sell to us.What WOULD Delta or NWAC pay for LHR access? More than what we'll have from the atsb loan, rest assured.
[/FONT][/STRONG]
[STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]You think AMR wouldnt make a deal with the devil himself if they could get their mitts on the narita operation?I find it hypocritical that we get offended when people try to figure out who gets what when WE sell assets, but here WE sit talking about buying UAL assets?We have a hell of a long road ahead of us(One I aint too sure well see the end of ) and getting involved with any kind of interesting corporate bs with UAL shouldnt even be on the radar right now.[/FONT][/STRONG]
Chip ----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]

[/BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
[/blockquote]
You don't have to yell. Just makes you look particularly silly. And at less than a buck a share, UAL's market cap (I know, you would probably pay a premium over this, but it's a start) is probably somewhere less than half-a-billion dollars. Just about any body with a serious interest in buying the SS Titanic could do it. In bankruptcy, the court decides the value of the assets, not the marketplace. The only reality I know is that the truth is often stranger than fiction; just about anything could happen.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/6/2002 12:36:10 AM ForkTime2002 wrote:

[STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]Tell me chip, exactly how much of UALdo you really think the 800 million from the ATSB can buy?
[/FONT][/STRONG]
[STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]Do you think the other airlines will sit idly by as U cherry picks UAL?
[/FONT][/STRONG]
[STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]AMR, NWAC and Delta may have some ideas of their own regarding UAL assets.Which bythe way I seriously doubt they will sell to us.What WOULD Delta or NWAC pay for LHR access? More than what we'll have from the atsb loan, rest assured.
[/FONT][/STRONG]
[STRONG][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]You think AMR wouldnt make a deal with the devil himself if they could get their mitts on the narita operation?I find it hypocritical that we get offended when people try to figure out who gets what when WE sell assets, but here WE sit talking about buying UAL assets?We have a hell of a long road ahead of us(One I aint too sure well see the end of ) and getting involved with any kind of interesting corporate bs with UAL shouldnt even be on the radar right now.[/FONT][/STRONG]
Chip ----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]

[/BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
[/blockquote]
You don't have to yell. Just makes you look particularly silly. And at less than a buck a share, UAL's market cap (I know, you would probably pay a premium over this, but it's a start) is probably somewhere less than half-a-billion dollars. Just about any body with a serious interest in buying the SS Titanic could do it. In bankruptcy, the court decides the value of the assets, not the marketplace. The only reality I know is that the truth is often stranger than fiction; just about anything could happen.

Latest posts