WN WOULD CONSIDER BID ON SHUTTLE ROUTE

wnbubbleboy

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
By God Indiana
If the Delta merger goes through, Kelly said he would consider bidding on one of the combined carrier's lucrative shuttle routes among Washington, New York and Boston. The merged carrier would probably have to sell one of its shuttles to appease regulators.

"Nobody ever wants to sell us anything, but that doesn't mean we won't figure out a way to buy it," he said

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6120601843.html

If WN were to buy the shuttle operation, would they actually continue to try to run a shuttle operation or would they use the gates and slots for other routes? I suspect the latter because I don't think the shuttle is the cash cow that it once was.

In any event, I don't think the Delta/US merger is going to happen so I think it's a moot point. It's still fun to speculate, though! :p

I suspect the latter because I don't think the shuttle is the cash cow that it once was.
It might not be for US and DL, but BWI-ISP has a top fare of 105 each way, fully refundable. If WN can make money on that, they can make money on DCA-LGA where walkup fares can hit 3x as much.

Back