Worker buyout at United

Do you remember that the first UA employee buyout (when the stock neared $200 share back in the late '80s) was one of the big bang events that burst the junk bonds bubble? I think that was around the time when Dubinsky made his infamous "choke the golden goose" comment.

After that episode the unions seemed determined to execute the employee-ownership deal and they did eventually. Except for that pesky flight attendants union, who wisely abstained and were scorned.

Perhaps Tilton et al will pull another stunt in this round of 'consolidation' and bring the whole party to an end. Again.

(apologies, it is late and I do believe I'm sputtering like NHBB......)

Do you remember that the first UA employee buyout (when the stock neared $200 share back in the late '80s) was one of the big bang events that burst the junk bonds bubble? I think that was around the time when Dubinsky made his infamous "choke the golden goose" comment.

After that episode the unions seemed determined to execute the employee-ownership deal and they did eventually. Except for that pesky flight attendants union, who wisely abstained and were scorned.

Perhaps Tilton et al will pull another stunt in this round of 'consolidation' and bring the whole party to an end. Again.

(apologies, it is late and I do believe I'm sputtering like NHBB......)

Yes, I remember 'everything' but I posted this link as a reminder.
Plenty of blame to go around but I wouldn't want to upset the instigators of our fiasco.

Take Care,
B) UAL_TECH

Latest posts