20 787 or A350's

Elevation

Veteran
Oct 21, 2002
20 787 or A350 firm orders plus options, 2011 delivery date for the 787, 2013 for the A350. More A330-200/300's in the interm to provide growth. 3 or 4 A340-500's are coming for China service and other routes. Scott Kirby crew news pilots 3/22/07.

Remember China is not a guarantee, we have to be AWARDED the route first. We might better our chances if we get Boeing Wide Bodes instead of Arbys.

Remember China is not a guarantee, we have to be AWARDED the route first. We might better our chances if we get Boeing Wide Bodes instead of Arbys.

I don't see your point, how is BA going to better are chances?

It's going to be Airbuses. Airbus will do whatever it takes to keep USAirways as a customer for these future widebody aircraft. Boeing will not likely budge much since they already have orders out the wahzoo for the 787.

Airbus will offered huge discounts, make interim 330s available to provide any needed lift, and probably pay part of the operating costs on the 330s to make up the efficiency difference with the 350s until they are delivered. Airbus can't afford to let this get away, and Boeing can.

This will probably tie into the narrow body orders, which will almost assuredly be 320 series aircraft. Personally, I'm astounded that any east 737s are being painted in new livery. I figured they wouldn't make the investment for airplanes whose days on the property are numbered.

Latest posts