2009 Airbus 330 Deliveries

:up:
Because they need the first two in May/Jun to start preparing for the July launch of PHL-TLV. The other 3 could be pushed back until they decide on more long routes.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Knowing US u can BET thats what will happen!

What is the last possible date in which you can no longer change an order since the plane has started is manufacturing with your specific configurations?

Also when do the leases on the 767's start to expire. This will be a good indication as to a drop dead date to start taking on the aircraft.

Does anyone know the fuel improvements on the new A330-200's over the 767's?

What is the last possible date in which you can no longer change an order since the plane has started is manufacturing with your specific configurations?

Parker or Kirby said something about that in either a crew news session or earnings conference call late last year or early this year. Don't quote me but seems like it was in the 9-12 month before delivery range.

Jim

Some folks have said that these are the Swiss Air aircraft, but those aircraft were canceled for the last half of 2008....weren't they????

So does that mean that we are now scheduled for 3 AB330-2's from Airbus for all of 2009???

It sure is hard to keep up with!!!!

It sure is but, regardless of the date, those two Swiss a/c were additional deliveries for the China service.

Also when do the leases on the 767's start to expire. This will be a good indication as to a drop dead date to start taking on the aircraft.

Does anyone know the fuel improvements on the new A330-200's over the 767's?
At one time I thought that the 767's were owned, but they may have been sold and leased back at some point.
I would think that some additional 767's could be had for a fair price in todays market.

All the 767's are leased, as is the majority of the fleet. Only 44 planes in the mainline fleet are owned, and they're all collateral for loans.

Looking forward, this is from the last annual report:

As of December 31, 2007, we had 94 aircraft that have lease expirations prior to the end of 2010. This includes lease expirations for 41 Boeing 737-300 and eight Boeing 737-400 aircraft that are being replaced by Airbus A320 family aircraft to be delivered under the Airbus purchase agreement discussed above. The 45 remaining lease expirations are for Boeing 757, Boeing 767, Airbus A319 and Airbus A320 aircraft.

Jim

Other than fleet changes, they only discuss the fleet in detail in the annual reports. As of 12/31/07 the 190's on the property were all collateral for loans. While I would assume that those delivered this year would be the same, we'll have to wait for the next annual report to know for sure.

I suspect that "collateral for loans" is mostly EETC's with the more recent deliveries. They buy the airplane then borrow money from a group of investors to recoup the purchase cost. The resulting loan is paid back over time, with interest, and the airplane is the collateral for the loan until it's paid off. (Note that the initial steps could be reversed - borrow money as the delivery date approaches and use that to pay for the plane upon delivery)

Of course, the "pay for the plane" is more complex since there are deposits and progress payments paid to the manufacturer starting when the firm order is placed and periodically until the plane is delivered. So the full price isn't paid upon delivery.

Jim

I suspect that "collateral for loans" is mostly EETC's with the more recent deliveries. They buy the airplane then borrow money from a group of investors to recoup the purchase cost. The resulting loan is paid back over time, with interest, and the airplane is the collateral for the loan until it's paid off. (Note that the initial steps could be reversed - borrow money as the delivery date approaches and use that to pay for the plane upon delivery)

Jim
Can you say Republic?

Can you say Republic?
Don't know if Republic holds any of the EETC's or not. They did have a little to say about the $35 million loan to US in their earnings conference call. You probably recall that US initially received a $10 million of the loan in Oct 08. The other $25 million becomes available on 3/31/09 providing certain financial conditions are met. If US draws the additional $25 million the Chataugua RJ agreement is extended to 2014.

Jim

Back