2014 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoenix said:
You guys always know Claxon is right, even when you disagree with him (especially when you disagree :lol: )

I disagree with your observation, although I agree he got an agreement from me on that one point. ;)

snapthis said:
I disagree with your observation, although I agree he got an agreement from me on that one point. ;)
When AOL wins a court case then I'll agree they are right (until it gets remanded and vacated).

Phoenix said:
When AOL wins a court case then I'll agree they are right (until it gets remanded and vacated).

Enjoy your "win" ;)

From your friend, Ted Reed

"Silver wrote in her 22-page ruling, that USAPA "has never been free -- and never will be free -- to extract the maximum benefits for the east pilots, regardless of the cost to the west pilots." The ruling bristled with negative references to USAPA and declared near its conclusion that "USAPA has succeeded here but it is a Pyrrhic victory" because the union will disappear as a result of the merger, given that APA is far larger."

"Silver declares USAPA's victory to be "Pyrrhic" and declares that USAPA will quickly be replaced and "will no longer be entitled to participate in the seniority integration proceedings." She said, "The court has no doubt that - as is USAPA's consistent practice - USAPA will change its position when it needs to do so to fit its hard and unyielding views on seniority" and will argue that it ought to participate even if it is not certified."

Pyrrhic victory – Here it is used in a sentence: “USAPA has succeeded here but it is a Pyrrhic victory.” This is the definition of “pyrrhic victory” from Wikipedia: A Pyrrhic victory is a victory with such a devastating cost that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way; however, the heavy toll (or cost) negates any sense of achievement or profit.

nevergiveup said:
Only the farmers win.

Perfectly put, wise village elder. "Only the farmers have won." ;) It's a sad thing that our species has yet to find a way to "play well" with each other, but then, where would we be without cheap thrills, high velocity and "glory"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_dFfooyZpA

traderjake said:

Good one.

Merely a "Good one."? Are you kidding? That was perfect. The best you've ever come up with is some fatuous Fantasyland notion of "Honor" extracted from a Bruce Willis idiocy. ;)

snapthis said:
Thanks, MD..Scotland by far the best part of the trip.

I got a surprise in Edinburgh. The 1 pm cannon gun fired from the Castle above. I understand you can set your watch after you realize you don't have to run for cover. ;)

http://www.edinburghcastle.gov.uk/explore-the-castle/highlights/castlehighlights.aspx?start=6

Laddie,

Did ye have a wee taste O the haggis while in Scotland? I fully enjoyed all of my GLA trips because there was plenty to see in the city and the train station was convenient to our hotel. Edinburgh and Stirling/Stirling Castle are but a short train ride away. The view from Stirling castle is breath taking and the architecture of the castle is amazing. 

All the best,

Bob

EastUS1 said:

Merely a "Good one."? Are you kidding? That was perfect. The best you've ever come up with is some fatuous Fantasyland notions of "Honor" extracted from a Bruce Willis idiocy. ;)
bender.jpg

traderjake said:

While this has no personally current applicability, I'll leave a far more significant man's observation for you to ponder: “I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.” Winston Churchill

Carry on "LT Hardy". Dismissed...Well, unless you've yet more to offer us all about your apparently movie-based, perverse fantasies of "Honor", of course...? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back