2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
USAPA car for sale. Perhaps east pilots will consider purchase. This car was actually driven by Mike Cleary. For a simple donation of 2.00 the car may be purchased, and donated to the Carolina's Air Museum and will reside with the White Van, USAPA NMB ballot box, and sit alongside USAIRWAYS 1549 A 320. Details to follow....

Here are the details....

The Silver USAPA car is for sale. Closed Bids will be accepted by members in good standing until 2359 on Tuesday, January 13, 2015, with a minimum bid of $8,000. Terms of the sale are: Certified cashiers check for a nonrefundable deposit by winning bidder in the amount of $1,000 must be in the USAPA office by 1700 Wednesday, January 14, 2015 and the balance by certified cashiers check by Wednesday, January 21, 2015.

The car is a 2009 Ford Taurus SE 4 Door Sedan with 30,000 miles in good condition.

And comments :lol:

TOO DAMN FUNNY!!!!!!!!! BEST USAPA UPDATE EVER!

MAYBE BRADFORD AND CLEARY CAN CRUISE KING'S DRIVE PICKIN UP CHICKS IN THIS BEAUTY.

Yes, you too can cruise in style in the USAPA-mobile! Imagine the respect you'll get from your friends and neighbors in this fine automobile, which has been graced by the likes of Cleary, Bradford, Hummel and Streble. I think I'll throw up now...

Let's all pitch in and buy it for the next AWA desert shoot :)

$8000 minimum bid. I can't stop laughing!!!!
A frickin Taurus (if anyone of you have a Taurus, I apologize, but those cars are about as sexless as USAPA!).

BUT...BUT..you need a shower every time you get out of it.....EEEWWWWW!!!

How would you get past the stench in the car?

Why does the Seinfeld episode come to mind where Jerry's car gets permeated with the valets BO

CactusPilot1 said:
Here are the details....
The Silver USAPA car is for sale. Closed Bids will be accepted by members in good standing until 2359 on Tuesday, January 13, 2015, with a minimum bid of $8,000. Terms of the sale are: Certified cashiers check for a nonrefundable deposit by winning bidder in the amount of $1,000 must be in the USAPA office by 1700 Wednesday, January 14, 2015 and the balance by certified cashiers check by Wednesday, January 21, 2015.
The car is a 2009 Ford Taurus SE 4 Door Sedan with 30,000 miles in good condition.
MAYBE BRADFORD AND CLEARY CAN CRUISE KING'S DRIVE PICKIN UP CHICKS IN THIS BEAUTY.
Yes, you too can cruise in style in the USAPA-mobile! Imagine the respect you'll get from your friends and neighbors in this fine automobile, which has been graced by the likes of Cleary, Bradford, Hummel and Streble. I think I'll throw up now...
A frickin Taurus (if anyone of you have a Taurus, I apologize, but those cars are about as sexless as USAPA!).
Why does the Seinfeld episode come to mind where Jerry's car gets permeated with the valets BO
east pilots must outbid Leonidas for the car lest Cap'n Aux humiliate himself with it in another of countless videos.

nycbusdriver said:
Irrelevant?  Maybe.  But so is the latest "deal breaker" irrelevant.

But then, the current contract (AWE excepted...about 15% of the pilot group) does not have the long rig that APA demanded last week from the company.  Now, we hear from the indignant pilot group that it's a "deal breaker."  Huh?  

If the APA wants it, then the APA has to buy it out according to the agreement on the arbitration.  

Is everyone ready to bend over for the big "deal breaker" continuing in the new contract?  Or, are all those indignant chest-pounder willing to take an hourly cut to pay for it?  

That's what we are looking at here.
The first thing in negotiations is figure out if you are the buyer or the seller...

We are selling. Parker is buying. Always. Forever. We sell labor. Parker buys labor. It will never be otherwise.

CactusPilot1 said:
BO

That's the smell of chewed up and spit out rotting AOL meat on the floor map of Mikes car..

CactusPilot1 said:

Umm..perhaps because "you'se" clearly have no sufficiently educated or experienced basis on which to form any grander philosophical notions than what commercial television has so generously provided "you'se" supposed "mind"...? ;)

Phoenix said:
The first thing in negotiations is figure out if you are the buyer or the seller...

We are selling. Parker is buying. Always. Forever. We sell labor. Parker buys labor. It will never be otherwise.

Indeed. I sadly now believe that if this goes out for a vote it will likely pass as-is, and with far too few (if any) real questions asked. I hope I'm wrong, but am now pretty much resigned to eventually exiting the airline phase of my life just shaking my head. Maybe I should thank those who'll far out vote my NO and provide me with a bit more fairly-short-term-chump-change in the meanwhile, but I'll still be left sadly shaking my head....

CactusPilot1 said:
Huh? I guess we wasted a lot of time and money going through the arbitration process.

I thought the purpose of a union was to get a single contract.

Oh hardly. According to mindless, greed-soaked twits like "you'se" self; the imagined "purpose of a union" is obviously only to instantly and magically place such pathetic sorts as yourselves ahead of your "brothers and sisters" and supposed "fellows" with nearly even two more full decades of worked experience than "you'se" sorry selves.

"Huh? I guess we wasted a lot of time and money going through the arbitration process." Indeed. "You'se" certainly did. What's your point?

P.S. "I thought the purpose of a union..." "You'se" already had me in stitches at "I thought", but your notions of the truest "purpose" of any supposed "union" almost caused to me to laugh myself outta' my chair, without even the need for another grandly Socratic "experience" of yours from Seinfeld. ;)

CactusPilot1 said:
Here are the details....

Yes but it's in great shape and has no NIC's!

EastUS1 said:

Oh hardly. According to mindless, greed-soaked twits like "you'se" self; the imagined "purpose of a union" is obviously only to instantly and magically place such pathetic sorts as yourselves ahead of your "brothers and sisters" and supposed "fellows" with nearly even two more full decades of worked experience than "you'se" sorry selves.

"Huh? I guess we wasted a lot of time and money going through the arbitration process." Indeed. "You'se" certainly did. What's your point?

P.S. "I thought the purpose of a union..." "You'se" already had me in stitches at "I thought", but your notions of the truest "purpose" of any supposed "union" almost caused to me to laugh myself outta' my chair, without even the need for another grandly Socratic "experience" of yours from Seinfeld. ;)

A minor point of long-held curiosity: While mighty "spartan" minus votes are always the norm, which naturally serves to utterly stress and debilitate any recipient of course; is it truly the sad case that "you'se" are simply incapable of at all articulately expressing yourselves in any other manner?...Or is it just too much trouble for "you'se" to even attempt any semblance of coherent argument...or even "thought"? Anyone might well wonder...? Perhaps yet another referenced, personal experience from some television show might properly dispel all doubts. ;)

No matter, since "you'se" voted 98% in favor of this incredibly constraining and now obviously self-defeating MOU, somehow childishly imagining that it would instantly hand you the Nic gift, and yes; without the overwhelmingly enthusiastic "useful idiots"/west vote; it's passage was at least very questionable. What else might have well been managed will never now be known...The purple tutu gang must just laugh themselves to sleep at night. I can't blame them for that, since I certainly would, were I on their side of the "negotiating" desk and dealing with all this sorry lot.

CactusPilot1 said:
.... I can't stop laughing!!!!

I hope that sustains "you'se" forever more, since it's your future and not mine that's at stake....maybe, just maybe you should stop "laughing" like some deranged adolescent hyena and, if for even the briefest of moments, try to actually "think" for a change. That's honestly meant with a generous heart and the full hopes that any such heroic endeavor on your part wouldn't seriously and permanently inflict any harm on "you'se" sorts, athough I've my reasonable doubts in that regard.

CactusPilot1 said:
I find myself in agreement with much of what you wrote. I'll add in today's self-absorbed society.....

Such utterly amazing hypocrisy that's of almost unimaginable levels.  Is it not "you'se" self-proclaimed and absurdly "righteous" cause to be that of seeking to artificially and instantly advance yourself in supposed "seniority" above those "fellows" of yours that've worked even 17 more years than your sorry self? Then again and in all fairness; I've no idea of just how much you've personally "sacrificed" to advance "today's self absorbed society" in ANY way? Perhaps you're at least freshly back from a tour in Afghanistan?...Charing some fundraiser that gained millions for the homeless?...At least lobbying for a new community hospital perhaps?... Or what. oh grandly dismissive judge of "today's self absorbed society"?  Please DO tell us all at your earliest opportunity. Why heck; even attempting to further the greater good of others than yourself might actually cost you something, so how very convenient it must be to stand aloof and do absolutely nothing for anyone else, I must suppose. Perhaps if you were just a wee bit less "self absorbed" you might actually find some manner in which to be even the least bit useful to larger "society",...just a crazy idea there. Sigh! Seriously kid; have you ever even SEEN a mirror?...Much less looked into one at all...EVER? "You'se" attitude and moral "values"/wholesale BS seem more remarkably similar to some foolish kid that's always expected "trophies" for just showing up to even the saddest of school-childrens' games. "Shirley" you must be much more in life than merely a "hero" in "you'se" own, umm..."mind"?....No? ;)

No matter, I suppose, since we all should eagerly await your next fantasies on how and why any "union" should ever exist....? Hint: Not for your sorry sake alone.

EastUS...I've enjoyed your little rant. When you quote yourself it's like seeing that strange guy having a conversation with himself. It's a good thing there is a box of earplugs in the crew room because you are incapable of shutting the F-up. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back