205 Crash?

Here's a registry link....

http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/activepages/c...ent_e.asp#quick

Fill-in the model on line 3, and the operator's name on line 5.

This confirms there is one operating in the area.
Unfortunately this doesn't confirm whose machine it was that crashed, or why it happened.
A factual preliminary report from someone official would be useful.
The rumour about the crew being unhurt is nice to hear.

(It's a pity.....I bet a 205 could be kept busy there right now because of the mudslides blocking the highway and cutting off the gas supply etc. etc).

The Vortex stopped printing the Occurence Synopses on the back page in 2003, read why in this short article here.......

http://www.tc.gc.ca/civilaviation/systemsa...2/1-03/V036.htm

They reappeared recently, without explanation, and without aircraft registrations.

Surely a basic factual and official preliminary report, and abbreviated follow-ups would be more suitable to the operators than all of this speculation.
Who knows.......it might even prevent a similar accident occuring......and isn't that what this reporting stuff is all about ??
But you guys know that already........now we just have the convince the poobahs in Ottawa.

I read into that reasonong that someone has the right to maintain their privacy and dignity, and everyone else can continue to fight for their survival.
I myself am more than happy to jump up to the plate and go "hey, I f**ked up, here's why...don't do it yourself"
But I guess in the governments mind, the learning curve is an individual task, not a team effort.

It has been reported that the pilot was performing longline operations moving drums of fuel. He also had a co-pilot in the right seat. I will withold both names.
The PIC (in the left seat) flew into IMC conditions during the slinging and had the extended load strike a glacier at a fair rate of forward speed subsequently a loss of control and crash. Both pilots received minor injuries.
As it has been mentioned before on this thread,winter has arrived, and conditions up here in the NW corner are extreme. I would know as I am up here in Stewart trying to do drill moves. Please everyone , adjust your judgement and err to the cautious side, as conditions can change in a matter of minutes, kilometers,and or with altitude. So everyone fly safe and watch those "sucker holes"!

good advice, 56... winter will indeed be here in full force in no time at all... adjusting attitudes is everything... how many of us have watched people on the roads do absolutely stupid things the 1st time things get slippery... the same can apply to our flying...

glad to hear injuries were minor... fly safe, all.... :up:

Any client that wants drills moved near Stewart at this time of year should be ready to hear the word NO on a regular basis, and any pilot moving those drills should be prepared to say it before it's too late.
Be careful H'56, stay warm.

Overtalk, good information, but your spelling of Poohbah was incorrect.

Poohbah was a character from Gilbert and Sullivan's play 'The Mikado'.
Poohbah held several government offices to maintain full control of the people.

Other characters in the play were......Nanki Poo, Yum Yum, Pitti Sing, Peep Bo, and Pish Tush.

Attached are photos of Poohbahs (one in Ottawa) maintaining full control of the people.

Magseal --------- lawyers and insurance companies control this world. You can bet that the reason for the change was on the advice of or after consultations with......government lawyers. You want to change that?.......then get the insurance companies working for it because they insure all the a/c out there and cast a large shadow.

Bummer!

I will say, that removing or stopping the accident/incident synopsis section in the VORTEX was a move backwards in Flight Safety. I learned a great deal from these reports.

Who made or supported this move?

My two cents.

O'h my god I agree with leadingedge hell must have frozen over.

:cold: :elvis: :cold:

Thanks Elvis

You should know that the layer of ice is very thin and could melt!

Removing this vital information was indeed "stupid" , who is directly responsible?

Was it the Operators or the insurance companies? Does anybody know?

L'edge, this is a quote from the Vortex article linked above....
"......a heightened profile of privacy issues, both from government and industry, mean it is no longer deemed appropriate to print......"

The reports seem to be back in the Vortex now, but supposedly they are 'unidentifiable', and only printed after the TSB report is finalised.

As soon as I get finished with all this 'paperwork', I'm gonna' call my MP about this !!

Thanks for the intel CM. That' some pretty serious paper work!!

Kinds figures that the government would X such a vital link for safety info. Liability can easily be removed while preserving the lesson to be learned. Remove the registration, and the date and still describe what happened, would have been satifactory. It's really typical of what can only be described as stove pipe policy.

Like a said, a real backaswards move!

So much for learning from the mistakes of others!- dumb,dumb,dumb!!!

Leadingedge--------want to know why? Get a copy of Carswell's "Canadian Case Law". Look under any Section to do with Privacy and see what the rulings have been on same that have come before all Canadian Courts. You will then have done exactly what the legal Counsels for the Solicitor General have done and you'll then know why. Something has them "spooked" or nervous in that regard, they ain't taking any chances and it would have all been passed on to the MOT.

There are nowadays what they call "Maddie's Laws". That's the first name of the lady that sued MacDonald's because she burned herself with their coffee because she claimed it was too hot. Since that time, all lawyers have given those types of rulings that type of name and it makes them all nervous because of the amounts sued for and won. Yes it happened in the States, but we have our own track record in that regard.

Cap

I agree with your statement concerning the development of Canadian Case law, and matters concerning legal liability. We as a community of pilots with a license issued under the premise of TC Safety and Security should be immediately privy to those accidents that occur. (PERIOD).

When I joined this industry, back in the late 80's there was a real sense of education amongst the participants, and I too felt that safety and the lessons that could be learned would come from those who had for various reasons bungled into those situations. The VORTEX was the number 1 source for us to access those valuable lessons and indeed learn form the mistakes of others. Most pilots I know made a point of referring to them on a regular basis, and I have kept a record of every VORTEX I have received and dammit I read it very carefully and keep a conscious note of every screw up just so I don't make the same mistake. There is an enormous value in what was being communicated to us then.

I think its fair to remove registration and time so that it cannot be associated with any one company but to hinder or remove this valuable information in any part will surely have a long-term profound effect of the safety of this industry and is in fact very sad that things have taken the path they have.

Today, the industry is very different, new pilots that cannot even grease a head on a 206, and the standards of commercial readiness have taken a deep dive south, the removal of the vital lessons of safety gone now. or limited in any way is a recipe for disaster.

I remember Luan H. who signed my first PPC, telling me the value of this information. I am going to write him tomorrow and demand that there is more input and synopsis of accidents and incidents so that information that has helped keep me alive to today can help the new generation too.. Sure I have learned a few lessons but something tells me that there are still more valuable lessons to learn. So what F*cking Moron idiot would want to save his cash and liability for the sake of the lives of others is beyond contempt.

BAD MOVE!

We should organize and as a group write the Minister with suggestions. To do nothing is retarded.

Oh and another thing too while we are at it "they can bring back the carburetor too " at least I could fix that.

Latest posts

Back