21.00 $$$ as of today how safe is ur job with usairways?

Well, I remember when we were trading around $1 and we are still here!!!

I remember when the industry lost billions and they are STILL here.

What is the point of this thread?

Ahhhh, there isn't one!!

Well, I remember when we were trading around $1 and we are still here!!!

I remember when the industry lost billions and they are STILL here.

What is the point of this thread?

Ahhhh, there isn't one!!

Fuel going up,merger talk from the Drunk One,expect more givebacks.

Oil is near $100/bbl, all airline stocks have been in a freefall this week and Goldman, Sachs just downgraded LCC. Plus there's the CEO's public spankings at the hands of the PA Senators and the continuing operational difficulties. Of course the stock is tanking. Not the recipe for a 52 week high.

WANT SEIGEL BACK?????

Why would you think Seigel is even in a running?

Seigel was originally hired by US to deprecate labor compensation for bk 1. He did a really bad job (so bad, the board deemed that a bk 2 was required to pick up all the loose ends) and was consequently fired.

Why would you, then, hire someone like that back?

If I was still at US I would welcome Gangwal back, at least he knew how to run an airline and give good service.

Well, they've been putting out a rosy picture to investors in the last few days.....

Investor Roadshow Presentation

Maybe Doug and company are a little worried.

Jim

Yeah, I'd be worried too when you can't produce a properly presented chart. Look at the "US Airways YTD Pretax Margin" chart on page 7. It's supposed to be keyed in blue for mainline carriers, gray/light blue for low cost carriers. US is in red for emphasis, but all other carriers are "mainline". There is no gray/light blue on that chart.

On page 14 "Putting the Customer First", no where do I see anything about have a correctly working website. Oh wait, we already have that. Well, if that's the case, then why are do I still hear FFOCUS members complaining because things aren't working? Why won't it pull up award ticket availability from BKW to places like LAS? (for example)

On page 19, on their summary under "Well Positioned for Future Success"... no where do I see anything about improve or continue to improve the customer experience. All they say is "Management committed to maximizing shareholder value". So, once again, who's first, shareholder. Employees and customers, we frankly could give a darn about.

Latest posts

Back