23%

kiowa

Advanced
Aug 27, 2002
is it true that the ceo just gave himself the same % raise as the pilots collective pay cut? did he wamt the same 23% number just to ridicule the pilots?

Old news

Ridiucle... Probably. But then again the pilots got all that back so who is actually being ridiculed ;)

"pilots got all that back"?

Like hell they did. They took a larger upfront percentage paycut in 2003 than any other workgroup and then in 2004 had a portion of it restored so their percentage paycut then matched everyone else's.

We've been over this before.

Reason for this? Because of the slower timeframe of their furloughs as airplanes were grounded and pilots did their bump and shuffle to other airplanes and in some cases - other seats.

2004 had a portion of it restored

That "portion" was alot more than any other workgroup got.
And brought them back to close what they were making before the concessions.

Paste a pay stub from last week and then one from before the concessions I dont think there will be much of a difference

They took a larger upfront percentage paycut in 2003 than any other workgroup
Larger upfront paycut????? Sorry...I beg to differ.... we in a/c maint got hit with the 17% paycut as well as a week of v/c, holiday pay (double and a half), 5 holidays, sick time pay at half for the first 2 days, and double time on o/t.....add this all up and I took nearly a 30% paycut....I was one of the guys who worked o/t and holidays(my choice)and all I've gotten back is 1.5% each year but no d/t, no vaction, no sick time, no holidays and more airplanes to work with less people....how many hrs a month do pilots fly??? I know it's one of the lower amounts in the industry but we've been doing more with less for the last 3 years....all for 1.5%.

That "portion" was alot more than any other workgroup got.
And brought them back to close what they were making before the concessions.

Paste a pay stub from last week and then one from before the concessions I dont think there will be much of a difference

Try $5000/mth. I'm in a not so small group of pilots that took a larger paycut in total dollars than any TWU or APFA member. Even our APA communications didn't highlight the average was higher than 23%. Someone posted they lost a "week" of vacation. I impressed, I lost a month. You may see a W2 that equals pre 2003, if so, it's from someone flying a 100 month.

The pilots never had the following either:

holiday pay, 5 holidays
double time on o/t.

If you worked 240 hours a month, your time spent away from home would still be less than a flight crew flying 100 hours/mth, probably less than most flying 85.

No sympathy here Pal

20 years ago I decided not to be a trhrottle jockey mainly because I did not want to spend the time away from family.
You choose the career and you should have known that time away from home was part of the job. ;)

Latest posts

Back