23% Pay Cut For Fas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an Eline from AFA that the company will be asking the Bk court for a 23% pay cut for all FAs.....increase of 5-10hrs for domestic FAS, increase of 1 trip for transatlantic FAs, and permission to remove the min 279 AC fleet # for mainline. This should be interesting. Im in yr 8...this means ill be going from $34 to $26 if I did my math right! Good lord!

Yup, Got it too. 23% PUTS US $9 BELOW America West. Keep in mind that JetBlue gets time and half for working over 70 flight hours. WE DO NOT!!!!

Bottom wages in the industry.

If a judge approves this...its a declaration of war on labor in the entire industry.

An injury to one...is an injury to all!

Media has been notified. So has our Senators.

We will demand action and intervention. AFA will be fighting this in court. Company has threaten iAFA it will get worse as time goes on without agreements.

UNION BUSTING TO THE FULLEST EXTENT THE LAW PERMITS...which is no organized labor.

Sorry, charlies. Too late for negotiated agreements. Capitulation is not in the "crystal ball".

HOPE ALL CITIZENS IN THE UNITED STATES ARE VOTING THIS ELECTION!!!!!

Same administration stays with the House and Senate....the American workers are done in this country.

I have taken "already'" a 38% pay cut since 9-11, another paycut makes that-----61% since 9-11 and with this 3rd round concessions.I have many friends who are getting pay raises every month. This company is deteriorating each and every one of us. This is why I took the FSIP .......paineful....YES......Pride goeth before tha FALL
love...kt

I suspect soon we will see some managers on their own little power trips, settling old "grudges" with employees. Without union protection, it will be the "old days" all over again. With many of our current management members, the old saying holds truer than ever...."A little power is a dangerous thing....."

We work for an insolvent company that only exists (temporarily) because the ATSB is allowing us to live off their cash.I'm not shocked like some of you.Would you allow me to live off your cash without demanding I cut my expenses.Why should the ATSB allow any of us to collect our full pay while their cash is being burned up?

us10 said:
We work for an insolvent company that only exists (temporarily) because the ATSB is allowing us to live off their cash.I'm not shocked like some of you.Would you allow me to live off your cash without demanding I cut my expenses.Why should the ATSB allow any of us to collect our full pay while their cash is being burned up?
[post="183230"][/post]​

US10,

I think your confused. ATSB is the backers for the lenders of U.

Bronner should be sued by the stock holders and investors for killing the revenue back in August when he threatened liquidation.

YOUR FYI.... in the company's plans when emerging from BK, they predicted labor CASM to be 4.2 cents. That was their business plan! Guess where the labor CASM is??????

4.1 cents! Yes that is right...I wrote it correctly.

However, guess where U's casms are excluding fuel....10.8cents. SOOOOOO,

Why can't USAirways manage the airline and operate it to profit? Answer: They have no plan to operate the airline and there is no plan to obtain the other $700 million of cost savings from the operation.

1.Gofares have killed the CASMS.

2.Bronner's big mouth has killed our bookings for August and future making our present bookings the bottom 3 in the industry, well below United who HAS BEEN IN BK FOR 2 YEARS.

3. Star Alliance revenues will be hurt if U reduces its routes.

4. Employee Morale is in the s-h-t-t-e-r, and employees will not be able to produce enough to turn this co. profitable.

ITS CALLED BURN OUT!

WE NOW NEED TO CALL ON THE GOVERNEMENT AND THE LEGISLATORS TO PROTECT LABOR IN THIS INSTANCE ASAP. Either help us; or let the co. fall on its own sword.

ktflyhome said:
I have taken "already'" a 38% pay cut since 9-11, another paycut makes that-----61% since 9-11 and with this 3rd round concessions.I have many friends who are getting pay raises every month. This company is deteriorating each and every one of us. This is why I took the FSIP .......paineful....YES......Pride goeth before tha FALL
love...kt
[post="183224"][/post]​
23% is bad, but on top of 38% doesn't equal 61%. If you earned $100 before 9-11 and took one (was it all at once?) 38% cut that left you $62. If you take another 23% from that, there's $47.74 left. That means it's a cut of a little over 52% from the original $100. Still awful, but there's no use making it sound even worse.

This is nice right before I go to bed ...I guess I'll be dreaming of that new job where I make good money get lots of vacation and I get to meet people .....
Oh wait thats my nightmare I just saw that job fly out the window....

sweet dreams

Please, blame the Republicans for USAirways bad management?

Lets see, who controlled the WH and Senate and Congress to vote in the 9/11 bailout money, and the subsequent loan guarrantees? Yep, them eeeeevil Republicans.

I suppose in a Democrat utopia the government should just shovel out as much cash to every airline, regardless of how poorly they are run and without oversite, or any chance for a return on investment?

You are thinking with your heart, not your head, Republicans aren't killing US, how many years have you all had to learn to compete with HP, Jet Blue, Southwest, Air Tran and the rest?

The business is a tough one, industry is changing, the airlines that can make money will, the ones that won't will be gone, time for some more free market and less government subsidies.

My heart goes out to US, I hope you all make it, I'm glad to be out of the biz, but if other airlines can make money in this environment, then they deserve to do so without a bunch of other airlines being given cash infusions from the govt. Enough has been spent on all the airlines, its time for some free market.

pitbull,

No confusion here. The company entered BK with 750 million in unrestricted cash.This cash is the collateral for the ATSB guaranteed loan.The ATSB has given the company temporary permission to dip into a portion of this cash to meet day to day cash obligations.

Go fares are a competitive response to SWA and Independance air.Yes go fares killed the yield but what's the choice?

US10

HPearlyretiree said:
Please, blame the Republicans for USAirways bad management?

Lets see, who controlled the WH and Senate and Congress to vote in the 9/11 bailout money, and the subsequent loan guarrantees? Yep, them eeeeevil Republicans.

I suppose in a Democrat utopia the government should just shovel out as much cash to every airline, regardless of how poorly they are run and without oversite, or any chance for a return on investment?

You are thinking with your heart, not your head, Republicans aren't killing US, how many years have you all had to learn to compete with HP, Jet Blue, Southwest, Air Tran and the rest?

The business is a tough one, industry is changing, the airlines that can make money will, the ones that won't will be gone, time for some more free market and less government subsidies.

My heart goes out to US, I hope you all make it, I'm glad to be out of the biz, but if other airlines can make money in this environment, then they deserve to do so without a bunch of other airlines being given cash infusions from the govt. Enough has been spent on all the airlines, its time for some free market.
[post="183269"][/post]​

The laws in BK, over ride federal labor laws. This is unfair. And every single unionized corporation will eventurally seek this route to breaK contracts with unions vendors, creditors etc...

Why not? It works.

This Administration is reigning in the aftermath of 9/11. There noses should be in IMPROVING AND FIXING domestic policies; not IRAQ looking for 1 stink'in weapon of mass destruction at a price of $200 billion AND RISING!!!

AND DON'T CALL ME UNPATRIOTIC BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE IN DECLARING WAR ON IRAQ!

PITbull said:
The laws in BK, over ride federal labor laws. This is unfair. And every single unionized corporation will eventurally seek this route to breaK contracts with unions vendors, creditors etc...

Why not? It works.

This Administration is reigning in the aftermath of 9/11. There noses should be in IMPROVING AND FIXING domestic policies; not IRAQ looking for 1 stink'in weapon of mass destruction at a price of $200 billion AND RISING!!!

AND DON'T CALL ME UNPATRIOTIC BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE IN DECLARING WAR ON IRAQ!
[post="183273"][/post]​
Politics to the politics board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back