274 pax forced out of airport by armed guards?

* You can move your entire itinerary up to seven days before or after the scheduled origination date.

Well, they published the latest advisory 5 days in advance. I think its easier to read it this way instead of "You can move your entire itinerary up to seven days after the scheduled origination date or from the date of this press release if you're moving it forward." That really doesnt make much sense either. Also since 7 days is the farthest after you're allowed to move it, if you start adding other numbers in there its going to confuse people. Trust me on this one, not everyone has comprehension skills as great as yours. :blink: :lol:

"...or after the scheduled origination date."

Is this not the effective part?

No matter how you dislike their wording-is this not the effective part?

I might add that seven days BEFORE might apply to those who may want to change their plans to an area affected by a hurricane(Hotels damaged,airport damaged,etc).

Well, they published the latest advisory 5 days in advance. I think its easier to read it this way instead of "You can move your entire itinerary up to seven days after the scheduled origination date or from the date of this press release if you're moving it forward." That really doesnt make much sense either. Also since 7 days is the farthest after you're allowed to move it, if you start adding other numbers in there its going to confuse people. Trust me on this one, not everyone has comprehension skills as great as yours. :blink: :lol:
I guess you guys are all right, I am most-likely reading into this the wrong way. :unsure:

I guess you guys are all right, I am most-likely reading into this the wrong way. :unsure:
Cant we all just get along???????? Im tired of this East - West stuff......

God created the weather that day...... It was a series of things combined....

Im sitting here in a hotel..... for who knows how long ??? I am not blaming the East.... or West...

Stuff happens.... Everyone just Chill ok??? :up:

SIDE NOTE: I registered on the Consumerist web site that the OP noted and I made a pro US comment and my so called "Account" has yet to be enabled. Let's give them a few days. If they censor dissenting POV's then maybe the site is not a legitimate Consumer web site but a web site promoting a hidden agenda.

I sent an email about 2 days ago and got a verification note saying it would be posted shortly. Still nothing. I guess I need to check today to see if its there. :down:

Without knowing all of the facts, I'm going to bite the bullet and side with US on this one. I think that this is more of an airport authority issue than a US issue, and any well-versed traveler knows that in matters of weather they are "on their own." People need to be more proactive in planning for contingencies. I am assuming that the majority of pax on this flight were leisure travelers who either don't know the rules, or assume that rules were made to be broken.

Do I think that US probably did not handle the incident as well or as compassionately as they could have? Yup. But it doesn't necessarily mean that they did anything wrong.

I guess I need to check today to see if its there. :down:

Hmmm, still not there and I dont see anything that sounds remotely like Piney on there either. Did yours get posted? After reading more of their "reports" (and not just the ones on the airlines), they sound like they're all a bunch of whiney crybabies. I dont think I'll be bookmarking their site any time soon.

Latest posts

Back