276 And Counting

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
US Airways has released three airbii.
706 is currently back in PIT undergoing its return to service check, aircraft 101 and 707 are to follow.

But how much sense does it make to sign leases, long term? short term?

The three airplanes in question cannot fly after some time in January as the are do for thier S-checks.

PS, seems Hawk as added me to his PM list.

Oh Joy !!

Don't get me wrong on this , I'm pleased to see the fleet numbers creeping back toward the CBA agreement levels..yet knowing how a sitting Acft tends to perform at first , I see some busy nights ahead for a lot of us.

BTW...are these crates returning with an outsourced S-Check history ???....God I hope not !! I need another ulcer like a hole in the head ;)

AOG,
No S-checks were done and they are all due for several C-checks, the C-checks and the return to work packages are being done in PIT Heavy, as soon as 706 hit Hangar 5, the log book was in the PIT Grievance Committee's hands and nothing has been updated in Merlin under the CCDAS time and check history.

700UW.

Danke on the update. 706 in PIT Hangar 1 has kept us busy of late...and it's always good to know what you will be dealing with upon return.

I'm glad to hear that the S-Checks were not performed while the acft were out of our control in GYR...if nothing else , that's one less headache to have to endure later. History being the benchmark that it is....I hope no more S-Checks are done outside of the contract. We can't afford to keep chewing our cabbage twice as 700UW has proven to cause us.

I have a question......

706, 707 amd 101 should be a part of the first batch of a/c that require S checks right? It was my understanding that the S check was a time sensitive item and was not goverened by cycles. So by bringing them back, aren't we going to chacnge the number of airplanes parked from 10 to 13 sometime in Q1? Or did having them parked for so long by us some additional time on the S check?

Also, I noticed that since the first 10 airplanes to be parked are all overwater qualified airplanes, and as predicted, we are finding our selves VERY short of overwater a/c for some of our caribbean flights. Now the company has elected to make additional a/c overwater qualifed by adding the HF radios and soon the life raft slides. Guess they don't listen very well when I said this would happen eons ago.

700UW said:
PS, seems Hawk as added me to his PM list.
Why not block his/her screen name from being able to send PM's to you in your options category?

My reply would be the proverbial: "Pound Sand" and then I would block their ability to annoy me ever again.

But hey, I'm just an educated consumer and vote with my dollars. Why should they take the time and energy to work to get customer confidence and reap the benefits of either my company dollar or my individual disposable income? Obviously, it appears that it is much more attractive to Hawk, et al, to busy themselves by annoying and badgering their employees on an aviation forum.

Go figure.

Mark, read my first post, the three airplanes in question become due for their S-Checks in 1/04, they are time governed checks, not cycles like the Boeings, the first s-check a narrow body 320 family airplane is 1,825 days, if they flew or not.

Also Mark, the company is in the process of taking the A319s that are not EOW and converting them into EOW, I believe the number of planes is 10 to start, A/C715 was the first one completed.

Their are 11 differant c-checks for the narrow body buses, the c-1 thru c-10 checks are accomplished during RON mtc in CLT and DCA, each check concentrates on a specific part of the airplane and/or systems.

The C-11 Check is a two to three day check accomplished in CLT heavy MTC but is being moved to PIT because the lack of manpower in CLT and the company's unwillingness to bring back more furloughed employees. This check is more intensive then the other C-checks.

The S-check is basically the C-1 thru C-11 combined plus many more things, and this is scheduled for 13 days, being worked around the clock.

700UW -

That is exactly what I thought. So we are bringing back 3 airplanes, performing the applicable C checks that were not accomplished while they were parked, just to fly them for 30-60 days and then park them too. Perhaps this is just a band-aid to get us over the Christmas holiday. but I don't get why we would bring back the oldest ones first. Out of the 8 that were parked last year, aren't there younger ones that should have been brought back first?

So if these three airplanes are coming back to the fleet, then they will end up back in GYR in Jan - Feb because it will be time for their S checks. Does it make sense to do this? Where is the logic?

Mark does anything this so-called management team has done make sense?

Does it make sense to shrink to profitablity?

Does it make sense to violate the pilot's CBA by purchasing 76 seat RJs the very week after they signed the CBA that limits the RJs seats to 70?

Does it make sense to fight employees in court and park airplanes when three differant federal decisions says it is IAM CBA work?

Does it make sense for Dave to say I am gonna offer EVERY laid-off employee at job at MDA then propose no stock clerks, no utility and part-time mechanics and the right to vendor out everything and anything?

Does it make sense to pull mainline out of a city, then pay the employees $13 an hour then two months later bring back mainline flights into the city and still pay those employees $13 an hour?

Does it make sense to layoff more workers but yet still have the same amount of management if not more?

I truly believe that this management team will succede in having US Airways cease to exist.

And to all our passengers and good employees have a happy thanksgiving!

Latest posts

Back