276 And Going Lower

I wonder if the company would consider "breaking down" the cost of this attempted illegal contracting out of the airbuses....which will include lawyers and all the parked, out of time aircraft !? No, here's what they will do, When they get around to filing the quarterly report, they will BURY these cost under the column "OTHER"....So, when the company starts whining about their losses, REMEMBER that this ILLEGAL subcontracting attempt by the company is part of the total loss that will be reported. If I were the ATSB, I would require the company "BREAK DOWN" every cent !!!!!!

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/01/31/Business...irlines_s.shtml

Here is an article that was brought to my attention about Delta making money on third party work. If they can do it so can U.

"""Delta Air Lines made $160.5-million in revenues last year from performing engine and aircraft maintenance for other airlines. Here are some of its customers:

- Airborne Express

- World Airways

- AeroMexico (engine repair)

- Royal Air Maroc

- Boeing business jets (on-call maintenance)

- Comair and Atlantic Southeast Airlines (regional jet engine repair)

(Thanks T)

guy,heres my angle:
notice CLT was doing c-11.....
we brought and trained PIT hangar 1 for c-11....
i don't think anybody has noticed...but when and if IAM prevails.....heres your 2 's' check tracks already trained and experienced on the airbus.

Just so we haven't forgotten, we had plenty of trained and experienced Airbus mechanics, engineers, management, support staff and hangar space in Tampa. The present company management has no desire to do this work anywhere in-house. They'll never acknowledge any of the IAM's talking points, such as having 2 open bays in Charlotte, to be accurate. It's all up to the judge now and then to watch Dave's next move after that.

what is all this crap about chairs being a ex us air mechanic never to return to this airline who really cares about the chairs if you spent as much time working on the a/c you would need the chairs but thats the typical dinosaur mentality with the senior mechanics in this airline I have seen them all the worst were the trump shuttle dinosaurs lumbering around the line grumbling about the work load they got almost nothing while the junior guys got most the heavy work like always said If you dont like it retire do us junior guys a favor just becuse you are senoir to me it doesnt mean your smarter than me I hate to say it but aircraft mechanics are a dying breed

jetmech01890 said:
I hate to say it but aircraft mechanics are a dying breed
With thousands of planes flying who is gonna fix them and overhaul them?

jetmech01890 said:
what is all this crap about chairs being a ex us air mechanic never to return to this airline who really cares about the chairs if you spent as much time working on the a/c you would need the chairs but thats the typical dinosaur mentality with the senior mechanics in this airline I have seen them all the worst were the trump shuttle dinosaurs lumbering around the line grumbling about the work load they got almost nothing while the junior guys got most the heavy work like always said If you dont like it retire do us junior guys a favor just becuse you are senoir to me it doesnt mean your smarter than me I hate to say it but aircraft mechanics are a dying breed
methinks i detect a slight amount of stress here.
pic of me and some us senior dudes watchin' the young guys work.

Three Mechanics at break time, had to sit on the ground since the chairs are gone.

PineyBob said:
700UW said:
The company voluntarily parked the planes and made the choice not to overhaul them, it is their responsiblity to keep the fleet flying, they have lost three court decisons all ready and keep making the choice to park the planes, not bring mechanics back to work to overhaul them and keep them flying.

It is a circumstance in their control, therefore the fleet count is below the 279.
Any ruling by a court of law or arbitration panel? NO?

Just a note on the Airbus farmout decision: The Appeals Court has not rendered it's opinion yet so until it does I wouldn't get to cocky. Yes US has and IMO should have lost to date, that doesn't mean they will lose again. I am no fan of outsourcing as you all know.
If you read the initial decision by Cindrich, he essentially does find that the company's actions regarding the loss of aircraft to a level of less than 279 are indeed within their own control.

Further, as it currently stands, the IAM has won the Airbus issue, in a court of proper jurisdiction. The appeal is just that--an appeal. Further, the 3rd Circuit refused to stay any order coming out of the Western District--that should (and does) speak volumes about the prospects for success on the merits on the part of the appelant.

Hi Clue,

You might as well save your breath (or fingers in this case).

I think what Bob is saying is what we both know - the company can pretty much do what it wants in regard to the contract. Until an issue is either grieved or litigated and a favorable ruling rendered, they can keep doing it.

Jim

Latest posts

Back