2nd Bankruptcuy Consideration

MrAeroMan said:
I read his post and I don't see where he says the company will try to file an 1113 motion outside of bankruptcy. In fact he says in his post they'd file it IN Chapter 11.

What makes you think Robert Roach and the IAM aren't speaking out of both sides of their mouth? Did it ever occur to you that maybe they've decided to draw a line in the sand and use you and your fellow workers as betting chips? Maybe they've decided to look tough in negotiations with UAIR and say no to new negotiations that will help make them look more attractive to new potential organizations they may be trying to court to get them into the IAM? Maybe they're already written off the UAIR membership in hopes of getting even more members with other carriers/facilities where their main selling point will be we weren't intimidated at UAIR and we won't be intimidated here. :blink:
Baack...Buck Buck Buck....Baack...buck buck buck....

700UW said:
Here it is, not that they will file outside an bk filing but they are preparing a case, they can't prepare a case until a 1113 motion is filed because the nine steps must be followed.

And as for Mr Roach and my 141M AGCs, I trust them, because if they lie, amfa will be knocking on the door in a heartbeart.

And once again the company HAS NOT approached the IAM for a solution on the outsourcing issue, but you see I explained to a320 a million times what transpired but for some reason he keeps not understanding it and posting false things.

Go read his post again.
700, You continue to say, "the company has not approached the IAM about outsourcing", and i agree with you. However, 320 is also repeatedly saying the company has a plan to move forward with a "plan" of their own(concerning the IAM) I feel you 2 are indirectly agreeing on this particular point, although neither one of you will admit it!! Think about it!! Why would the company approach the IAM?? We are now in arbitration, they have no need to go to the IAM to listen to their cost saving proposals. "IF" they win arbitration, they dump the 737 as fast as they can, and ELIMINATE as many IAM as they can!! This is what 320 has been saying for awhile. "IF" the IAM wins this case, i'm sorry to say, I think we are only extending our misery, because this is where I think 320 may be correct. They have a party, and we(IAM) are not invited!!! I do agree with you that I don't like how 320 posts everything as "fact", and I like how you call on him to show facts, but on this major point concerning our future, I think 320 may be correct! GOOD DAY!!!

700UW said:
Great post Bobcat, words of wisdom!
700, so there is no misunderstanding, to put my last reply in the correct context, I wholeheartedly agree with bobcat and your affirmative response to his quote. There is no other option than to vote, "no" to any more bull@#%$ from this crowd! However, I was just posting what I feel is going to transpire. GOOD DAY!!!...... MORE LATER!!

We have been there...done that...It ain't the employee costs...CWA has demonstrated that Southwest costs are actually higher that USAIRWAYS... It is the way USAIRWAYS runs the business...not the employee costs...

Southwest runs their airline efficiently...has quick turn around...hedges fuel...doesn't spend alot of money on corporate ammenities...and 40 vice presidents...Or hands out $ 5 million or $ 20 million to past CEO's look for other work...

Why if the situation is so dire, does the company not move it's corporate headquarters to a city with "lower" expenditures for rent?

Three days in a row last week there were congratulations from K Carstairs for breaking sales records in Reservations!... The trumpets are blasting the arrival of the Star Alliance as pumping millions of dollars into USAIRWAYS...

I think the Res/Airport reps in CWA will not vote for any more loss of money, benefits, holidays & vacation days....CWA reps did it once...CWA reps did it twice....After filling up my gas tank and paying $1.89 a gallon for gas...my wallet is empty....How about you?

I think everyone is getting very, very, very tired of the constant threats to close...
If that's the best you can do...get it over with!

Turn out the lights when ya leave... :down:

NeedForSpeedNFS said:
700, You continue to say, "the company has not approached the IAM about outsourcing", and i agree with you. They have a party, and we(IAM) are not invited!!! I do agree with you that I don't like how 320 posts everything as "fact", and I like how you call on him to show facts, but on this major point concerning our future, I think 320 may be correct! GOOD DAY!!!
I was talking about prior to the dispute and currently.

If you look at the letter from US Airways to the IAM one of the CCs is to R. Siegel, the attorney that handled the court case for the company, clear cut indication the the company never had any intention of "discussing" the issue with the IAM.

and how can bronner so assuredly predict the outcome of a prepackaged BK?
who makes the decisions in BK anyway?unless you have the judge in your pocket.
its a big gamble at best......has to be...nothings certain in the legal venue.....

700UW said:
And as for Mr Roach and my 141M AGCs, I trust them, because if they lie, amfa will be knocking on the door in a heartbeart.
Do you really think AMFA will be interested in organizing a company that is being liquidated?

MrAeroMan said:
Do you really think AMFA will be interested in organizing a company that is being liquidated?
The same was said about UAL and they are still around and kicking.

And no one knows what is gonna happen with US.

Ok it is quite easy to check the web "news"stories for UAIR and find 2nd bankrupcty possiblities and even within those articles it points to one thing the majority of the time Employee costs. perhaps i have missed it (if so please post) but since the equation is Profits=Revenues - costs. Where is the going forward plan on increasing revenues?

is it the star alliance? is it the GO FARES? what exactly will be done in the next 6months to raise the gross revenues of this company? are there ads i havent seen? with record load factors where are the record revenues? Oil is at 40 a bbl, where is the fuel surcharge? you have to manage the revenue as well as the costs.

anybody? bueler? bueler? anybody?

Java,

The ads are all over PHL, TV and radio. Haven't seen it anywhere else.

I think the BK noise will hurt our company and business more than any labor group saying no to concessions.

Sad times.

PITbull said:
Java,

The ads are all over PHL, TV and radio. Haven't seen it anywhere else.

I think the BK noise will hurt our company and business more than any labor group saying no to concessions.

Sad times.
Good point pitbull, this is just an ongoing saga with this company: put garbage out in the media, try to scare employees into concessions, etc,etc!! As the previous poster was implying, if they would put more effort into running an airline to produce revenue, than spending their time with "employee cost reductions",maybe, just maybe, this could be a viable company...........ahhhh........NO!!!, Sorry, what the hell was I thinking? !!!!!!

Latest posts

Back