30 years of US Airways CEOs merger taks and business strategies

Bullcrap! Typical PI delusions. I wish we hadn't bought PI your planes were the biggest piece of junk that ever took to the skies...and we all paid for it. Worst CEO at this company was by far Dave Siegel. Hey, at least Wolf tried to make the company better, demanded a superior product, brought in new equipment...it's been all downhill since he left. His biggest mistake was the massive stock buy back...

Well at least we have the same wish. If you hadn't bought PI your company wouldn't have lasted 5 years. WolfGang just prettied up the place trying to sell it and cash in on the sale. They were schiesters in every sense of the word.

If US did not buy PI, Ichan would have swallowed you up like he was trying to do and US would have gone the way of TWA.

Boeing is a superior airplane then an airbus.

Ichan got involved because he saw a chance to double the size his airline by swallowing both AL and PI in one swoop. He didn't initiate anything until AL made the first move. His involvement was strictly reactionary. Had AL left PI alone AL would've had a very difficult time maintaining market share over the next 5-10 years as their base was under attack in a major way from PI. CO was also making inroads in the NE at that time and pressuring AL in markets that PI wasn't as threatening. Colodny made his move to buy the competition and then proceeded to screw it up. Not a very smart move then or now.

Ichan got involved because he saw a chance to double the size his airline by swallowing both AL and PI in one swoop. He didn't initiate anything until AL made the first move. His involvement was strictly reactionary. Had AL left PI alone AL would've had a very difficult time maintaining market share over the next 5-10 years as their base was under attack in a major way from PI. CO was also making inroads in the NE at that time and pressuring AL in markets that PI wasn't as threatening. Colodny made his move to buy the competition and then proceeded to screw it up. Not a very smart move then or now.
survival

A word of advice to our new family in the West, the PI merger was in 1989 and sadly to some in this company it is still an issue particularly in a certain geographic region of a certain hub. Let's get over this already it's really a bore. What good does it do bringing up something from 15 years ago? I mean it's childish.

prove it / cleaner
I don't know about 700 but I have my A&P and know he is correct, and anyone around aircraft knows this “FACT“. The bus is a government subsidized company offering sweet deals for hurting airlines that take the bait and bite just to end up swallowing one big belly ache not far down the road when the Boeings keeps on ticking like the fine machine they are, of course because it’s made in good ole USA! Next thing we will have plastic throw away aircraft at $100 each offered by China.

Ah, didn't a railroad put PI up for sale? PI was the bride for the highest bidder. The railroad gave them the bucks for expantion, and then they wanted out.

I don't know about 700 but I have my A&P and know he is correct, and anyone around aircraft knows this “FACT“. The bus is a government subsidized company offering sweet deals for hurting airlines that take the bait and bite just to end up swallowing one big belly ache not far down the road when the Boeings keeps on ticking like the fine machine they are, of course because it’s made in good ole USA! Next thing we will have plastic throw away aircraft at $100 each offered by China.
hey guy....all kinds of parts for the "good ol' USA" boeings are made in china these days......
Boeing Co, the US aircraft manufacturer, has said that it has signed contracts with Chinese companies to supply parts until 2021.

According to Boeing the contracts are worth an estimated USD600m. Some of the parts supplied will be for the new 787 aircraft and the suppliers include Chengdu Aircraft Industrial (Group) Co Ltd and Hafei Aviation Industry Co Ltd, Reuters reported.

Southern Railroad ---biggest enemy to exPIA folks---their the ones that took the profit on PIA stock. Then there's Uncle Ed yikes---now here comes DP. Listening to some C/A on jump seat DP is going to have his hands FULL ---just the differences in training techno stuff is enough between the two fleets. Ooo Welll we will see in about a year whats going to happen. It wont take long to know.

Hey, at least Wolf tried to make the company better, demanded a superior product, brought in new equipment...it's been all downhill since he left.

Poppycock!

Wolf spent money he didn't have and left before the credit card invoice arrived.

(see: Leo Mullen/Delta Airlines)

The correct answer to this topic: all the members of the USAirways BOD. They hired/signed off on all these CEO's & mergers ("hey, just keep my free flight bennies coming and I'll agree to ANYTHING"

USAir has been a pyramid scheme from the start, you were just fortunate to keep finding new money until somebody else (i.e. your customers) finally turned you around and bent you over :mf_boff:

And all your 'leaders' both mgmt and union alike stood by and did nothing because they wanted to maintain their own cushy spots.

Leaders are courageous. Managers are just bureaucrats.

you must not know of reliability and boeing is subsidized also just in a different way

Not a cleaner, try again.
not a tech just union brainwashed/paid

Latest posts