30 Years Seniority and can't hold FULL Time

I am so tired of the people that whine about Usairways/Unions getting rid of "their" jobs. If you are part-time or furloughed it is because YOU CHOSE TO BE.
Usairways has full-time poistions...just not in your "home".....commute or move like the rest of us and stop whining and blaming some one else for your situation.

I agree, why should a company "take care of a 30 year employee?" I don't mean to pick on you but I thought a companys purpose was to make money for shareholders etc. They provide jobs, and if one doesn't like the salary and benefits they are free to find something more to their liking. The mind set that companys should "take care of . ." is misplaced, especially in the reality of todays business world. It would be better to accept this rather than have these expectations.

Had I known...I would have gone to med school!

Most people I know (PIT) took the fulough...collected unemployment while I worked my ass off and now want to come back at full pay. Still others have moved several times in the last 10 years to follow their job.

Exactly, same with Orlando, basically one year with unemployment and severence and then a couple years looking for that perfect job, and now that the call back offer ends January 10th you would not believe how many agents have gone back to Usairways of course complaining and bitter about the pay but they have found nothing better for the past few years.

What I do not "get" is why after years and years of being crapped on why people don't move on???

I mean what is sooooo great about being a T/A, G/A, FSA or whatever? It's an hourly wage job and frankly other industries pay better, have better benefits, better work hours, etc etc.

Heck a halfway decent Waiter or Waitress can earn as much if not more than most who work the ramp, gate or ticket couinters.

So what exactly is the allure?

Thank you for your candor it was a very nice post. You drilled it down to liking what you do. When you like what you do or where you do it the day goes much faster.

I've been blessed in that I found an industry and a related idustry that I love to work in and now that I'm a Sales Trainer and have to travel it's even better. I've seen parts of the world I could only have dreamed about prior.

The staff at US Airways has always made my life on the road a little bit easier or at least less difficult. I am truly greatful for that.

I hate to see the senior folks go but if the job is making ya miserable, screw me, screw the whole airline business and find something that makes you happy. I'll get along without you LOL!

What I do not "get" is why after years and years of being crapped on why people don't move on???
Wait . . . this is funny.

Are you the same PineyBob who has been whining and moaning and b!tching and complaining and ranting endlessly about how terrible USAirways is and how they have been crapping on you for YEARS?

I guess you don't practice what you preach.

Latest posts