300 Management Jobs

Does it matter which departments? It certainly won't be any that really need to be gone, and most certainly not any of the frat boys at the top.

The only reason I ask is because they started with maintenance recently..

The only reason I ask is because they started with maintenance recently..

Sorry - didn't mean to sound upset with you. I'm in TUL and haven't heard a thing about this until reading it here.

At any rate, it's still a method to weed out the good people and keep those whose only contribution to the company is negative pressure.

Only in the BizarroVille that is this forum would the news that management is cutting 300 management jobs be met with disdain. Another classic case of "damned if they do, damned if they don't."

Only in the BizarroVille that is this forum would the news that management is cutting 300 management jobs be met with disdain. Another classic case of "damned if they do, damned if they don't."

I'm not surprised in the least that you don't seem to understand.

Not a soul here will say this isn't necessary but ... probably 80% of level 5 and higher could go out the door and nothing would be harmed, that is, except for a few egos and empires.

Now for some wishful thinking. At the executive level, all of that supposed work could be farmed out to India for a lot less, probably increasing the ethics factor in management.

You're right - I do react with disdain - cutting 3000 out of mis"management" would be more realistic, or perhaps a good starting point.

300 jobs is probably the number of open positions right now, plus planned attrition for the next two months.

If you want to see some frat boy antics, just take a look at APA's ridiculous new website. So embarrassing to "professional"pilots, but perfect for keg party entertainment.

Latest posts