321 Painting?

iheartairbus

Advanced
Aug 31, 2006
I'm sure out of all the knowledge-able company people on here, someone could shed light when some of the 321's will be heading in for a new coat. This I believe is now the only A/C type not wearing the new colors. I personally think the 321 will look amazing in the new colors.... a few tail numbers are fading pretty bad, of course some of the 737's def. should have priority. lol.

Hasn't the A321 been through enough lately without having to wear that shite paint job.

Some of them are coming up on 6 years in the fleet so that once-shiney new dark blue isn't so flashy anymore. I, too, look forward to seeing the new livery on them. It's a sharp looking bird. Too bad it's woefully underpowered.

On a related note, will the existing A321's be fitted with the newer, more powerful engines at some point? IIRC, the future A321 deliveries will have those so I wonder if there's a plan to rationalize the fleet and gain some benefits. Do the models with those engines have any improved range?

With all the 757s being returned no spare A321s to paint at the moment, I probably only seeing them being painted when they go in for the S1 or S2 check.

Not aware of any 321's or additinal East 320's scheduled for painting in this years plan. I belive the plan is two lines for 733/734 at MIA UFN and then overwater 319 painting starting at the end of August starting with the Panthers and Steelers scheme. As always though this is subject to change.

Regards

LGA777

Too bad it's woefully underpowered.

On a related note, will the existing A321's be fitted with the newer, more powerful engines at some point?

The trade off for a larger set of engines is a bigger rudder for SE handling capability. Don't see it happening.

Latest posts